Wine

Hollywood

29 minutes ago, milkman said:

Fun little Sunday

24ab820b2e012e3f18dbba4f46acffad.jpg

9d0c1365d6ca29fa597b1f1b6f2915b8.jpg

e00082e72fecb339db1b84ad0d09650c.jpg

4587c0a211ea41b38caeae2e17800df8.jpg

Very, very nice lineup there. Was the SQN Syrah or Grenache? And how was the 95 Margaux against it (assuming you paired the wines like shown in the pics)? Hard to read the Aubert label... which one was it?  And last, which was the wine of the night?

On 12/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, HenryJames said:

Touraine Chenonceaux, imo.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:08 AM, HenryJames said:

Machard de Gramont, imo.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, HenryJames said:

Lapierre, imo.

Seriously, I am not trying to be a smart ass but why do you end all your posts with ‘imo’?  The name of the wine is not an opinion right, or am I officially an old and have my abbreviations mixed up?

I’ll hang up and listen.

• Like 1

Very, very nice lineup there. Was the SQN Syrah or Grenache? And how was the 95 Margaux against it (assuming you paired the wines like shown in the pics)? Hard to read the Aubert label... which one was it?  And last, which was the wine of the night?

SQN was the Syrah.

I don’t remember which Aubert vineyard. Label was pretty tattered from being in an ice bath.

WOTN - VHR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, HouTex said:

2009 Bordeaux was served last night for Christmas Eve dinner.  Pibran and Branaire Ducru.  They were very nice and IMO not too young.  Sorry, no pics.

Branaire Ducru is a relatively good value for BDX. 

I still have some 2000s stashed away somewhere. 

Branaire Ducru is a relatively good value for BDX. 

I still have some 2000s stashed away somewhere. 

The BD is becoming Pontet-like as far as pricing goes. IIRC, I paid around $45 for the 2009. Jeff Leve gave it a 95. Current vintages are coming up on $80 at Spec’s.
I recall paying low $40’s for the 2004 Pontet Canet, an outstanding wine. Parker gives the 2008, IIRC, 100 points and now its priced way to high. There’s enough good to great Bordeaux in great years for under $65 that for my palate it makes no sense to pay for the super seconds or other famous Bordeaux. I’ve had many of them and my cheapskate nature makes me pass. IMO, in great years, like 2015 and 2016, Bordeaux is full of great wines for under $65.