Charity Gun Raffle Tickets for Texas Firewalkers

Mac65Hookem

Hey Surly Buds.  My Competition BBQ team, The Politically Incorrect Cookers will be competing at 104.9 FM Horn Bash on May 4th at Buck's Backyard in Buda.  As a team, we pick a different charity to raise money for.  This event we are raising money for the Texas Firewalkers.  They are a non profit that comes in when someone has lost everything to fire and makes sure they have clothes, food, toiletries, and shelter.  To do this we are selling raffle tickets for $50 that will get you one of two $700 Cabela's gift cards.  We are ONLY selling 200 tickets so there are decent odds for you.  Gift cards can be used at any Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops in the country.  If interested, leave a note here or PM me and I will send you the details.  Thanks and Hook Em!

Seriously though, that sounds like a good cause, but in the future you might make your raffle tickets somewhere in the $10-20 range. People will spend that amount without thinking too hard. $10 won’t buy much, but $50 will get me a guaranteed couple of lap dances and a nice cold Bud Light.

Thought about that but at $20 I could not give away 2 $700 gift cards while capping the tickets sold at a reasonable number.  If it was not to raise funds for a charity I might have done just one gift card but we are trying to stroke a big check for the Texas Firewalkers.