Israel

SmokeyBear1861

I'm giving politics a try after a 10-year embargo at our prior venue.  So if certain things have been covered previously my apologies.

We're well in to the 2nd page here and no one has used the words shia or sunni so I'm going to recommend 3 hours of FRONTLINE that are imho necessary to discuss why Israel is Good for Business.

“When elephants fight, it’s the grass that suffers,” Karim Sadjadpour of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace tells FRONTLINE. “And in today’s Middle East, the two elephants are Iran and Saudi Arabia. There’s been over a million casualties in the Middle East over the last decade. But they’ve been Syrian. They’ve been Yemeni. They’ve been Iraqi. Iranian and Saudi citizens aren’t the ones that are suffering.”

http://www.pbs.org/video/bitter-rivals-iran-and-saudi-arabia-pqsnhk/

http://www.pbs.org/video/bitter-rivals-iran-and-saudi-arabia-part-two-ka4dlm/

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Or more likely he was murdered by Palestinians because they wanted a story to make Israel look bad.

There’s a reason the primary reaction to that story is an insouciant shrug. The irony of crying foul, when Hamas has regularly served women and children up as cannon fodder, isn’t lost on anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

There’s a reason the primary reaction to that story is an insouciant shrug. The irony of crying foul, when Hamas has regularly served women and children up as cannon fodder, isn’t lost on anyone. 

Oh yes it is. The poor poor little persecuted Hamas.   Plenty of blame to go around here, but Hamas is a terrorist org first and last, and it  cares less about dead Palestinians than dead Israelis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh yes it is. The poor poor little persecuted Hamas.   Plenty of blame to go around here, but Hamas is a terrorist org first and last, and it  cares less about dead Palestinians than dead Israelis.

The thing that's great about Israel is that they weren't afraid to elect a terrorist as their prime minister. 

14 hours ago, Fozzz said:

lmao Bibi congratulated Orban on his election victory.

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/983314301996945408

Seems like it needs a separate thread.  Hungary clearly spoke with their election results.  I say good for them.  They didn't make the same mistake that Germany did only to regret it 8-12 months too late.

56 minutes ago, zork said:

Seems like it needs a separate thread.  Hungary clearly spoke with their election results.  I say good for them.  They didn't make the same mistake that Germany did only to regret it 8-12 months too late.

The last time Germany went far right / nationalist, they didn't regret it until it was 12 years too late. 

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The last time Germany went far right / nationalist, they didn't regret it until it was 12 years too late. 

I'm referring to Merkel's near complete about-face on immigration after she couldn't get a coalition together.(reportedly)

Edited by zork

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yup, and the entire planet had already been given cause to regret it by that point.

10 hours ago, zork said:

You don't see the irony of Bibi congratulating the candidate of an openly antisemitic party who scapegoated a Jew for all of Hungary's problems?

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

You don't see the irony of Bibi congratulating the candidate of an openly antisemitic party who scapegoated a Jew for all of Hungary's problems?

Clearly Hungary was not wanting any settlement of immigrants from the Middle East. (none from the mass influx allowed)  I am unclear on the normal Hungarian immigration policy via VISA processes, etc.  They appear to be quite restrictive which is not really unique, is it?  

Sure Middle Easterners are largely Semitic peoples whether Jewish or Arab.(not sure on Persians)  

From this definition anyone speaking a language like Arabic could be considered a Semite.  I did not know that. /Johnny Carson

edit:  I see now that you are referring to all of Hungary making Soros the bogeyman.  He is clearly not your common Jewish person given his history during WWII reportedly working for the Nazis to save his own life.(not that I blame him per se, but facts are facts)

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/europe/.premium-orban-blames-all-of-hungary-s-problems-on-a-jew-and-wins-big-1.5980517

Edited by zork

1 hour ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

uCan this just be the WW3 thread?

Oh right it isn't branded as war anymore, just actions and operations.

It is unfortunate that the people from the Palestinian public were influenced to do the suicidal rush into the highly defended fence area.  Tragic actually.  The hubris to think they could break through the fence to infiltrate their homeland was fantasy.  It was clearly designed to make Israel look bad by Hamas.  That is easy to see by pushing the under 18 crowd towards the fence.(unforgivable)

Isreal is going to protect their territory.  They gave back the Gaza territory when they didn't have to do so.  The Palestinians didn't respect that at all, in the least.

Take it all at face value.  Israel will protect their area and the Palestinians, under Hamas influence, will always push for more till Israel is no more.

Edited by zork
  • Like 3

https://www.timesofisrael.com/6-gazans-said-wounded-as-thousands-flock-to-border-to-protest/
7 Gazans said killed, over 1,000 hurt in clashes at massive border protest
Israeli army uses live fire, rubber bullets to keep back mobs of Palestinians who throw rocks, firebombs at troops during Hamas-led 'March of Return' protests
Getting hot over there. What happens next?

Israel's crimes get ignored by the media and the rest of the world. What do I win?
  • Fuck You 3

31 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Getting hot over there. What happens next?

Israel's crimes get ignored by the media and the rest of the world. What do I win?

Isreal protecting it's borders from terrorists isn't a crime. Why isnt Hamas pulling this shit towards Egypt or Jordan? Oh right, they would be immediately brutally murdered in masse and nobody would bat an eye.

Wonder whatever happened to these idoits who barged in and screamed at a guy talking about Isreal at Texas.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2015/11/petition-launched-defending-ut-austin-israel-studies-prof-against-smear-campaign/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Once is a typo. But not twice.

Looks like I'm guilty as well.  Spelled it both ways and wrong twice in my recent post.  I suck at spelling but it is still no excuse.  No ill intent on my part though for sure.

Edit:  looks like I spelled it right thrice and wrong once.

Edited by zork

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Protecting the borders by expanding the borders and protecting the expanded borders by expanding the borders. Gee what is happening I cannot figure it out!

Didn't  Israel give Gaza back?

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Giving back some of the land claimed through territorial expansion, sure.

And they got no peace for it. 

What was the purpose of the attempt to break through the fence?

4 minutes ago, zork said:

And they got no peace for it. 

What was the purpose of the attempt to break through the fence?

Why would a Palestinian go beyond his own declared borders in order to defend himself against Israel?

I guess for the same reason an Israeli would go beyond his own declared borders in order to defend himself against Palestine.

It's a fucking farce.

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Once is a typo. But not twice.

Bruh I'm shit at spelling.

36 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Gaza is under an external military occupation, so the answer to your question is "not really."

I'm curious, by who? Isreal or Iran?

https://unitedwithisrael.org/hamas-iran-is-only-country-that-supports-us/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/11515603/Iran-is-intensifying-efforts-to-support-Hamas-in-Gaza.html

Iran 'is intensifying efforts to support Hamas in Gaza'

Iran has transferred tens of millions of dollars to Hamas's military wing in Gaza to help it rebuild after last summer's conflict with Israel, intelligence sources state

Again, if these people they are throwing against Israels walls were peaceful, it would be fine. Since they are violent, they are delt with violently. It is curious though that they do not do this in any other direction, at any of their other borders. Only Israel. Why?

58 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

I'm curious, by who? Isreal or Iran?

They're under an external military occupation by the country that:

-controls its airspace
-controls its borders (going and coming)
-controls its water space (the sea blockade)

Anyone who has to live in conditions like that does not have sovereignty and/or control over their own country. Period.

Edited by hpslugga

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Part of me thinks Israel should just claim Gaza and the West Bank, officially make them part of Israel, and then face the consequences. Whatever happens, happens.

They do claim them. 

That's why they categorically rejected UN 242 when it first came up at the end of the year in 1967
That's why they rejected Sadat's peace offering vis-a-vis the Jarring Mission in 1971, issuing a formal response that read "Israel will not withdraw to the pre-June 5, 1967 lines."
That's why they practically begged the US to veto the two state settlement resolution in the UNSC in 1976 and would continue to do so both in the UNSC and the UNGA in successive years
That's why they issued a formal response to the PLO's 1988 Algiers Declaration that included a statement that read "Israel opposes the establishment of an additional Palestinian state in the Gaza district and in the area between Israel and Jordan." They also stated in that same statement that "Israel will not conduct negotiations with the PLO," but think it through and you'll find that it effectively means they won't even bother negotiating with any party that claims to be the governing authority of the Palestinians

These aren't behaviors exhibited by a country that isn't already claiming those territories.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Part of me thinks Israel should just claim Gaza and the West Bank, officially make them part of Israel, and then face the consequences. Whatever happens, happens.

The part of you that likes a lot of pointless civilian deaths?