Carolyn Bourdeaux lost by 400 votes
Trump won by 211k votes

There are also 2 Senate races in Georgia

This is big news

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The statement. Armed Forces exChair?

They know the odds of getting the House back are not good. He's not old. That's a lot of senior Reps that are leaving. 

He can no longer serve as chair of Armed Services, he's actually well liked on both sides of the aisle, and his district is one of the most conservative in the country.  He's gonna go make enormous money on K street and spend time with his family.  This retirement isn't the same as Pete Olsen or Will Hurd.  He'd be a fool to stay.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I can’t be the only one whose had TX-23 marked down as an easy flip since Hurd announced he’s retiring. Is there any way we lose that one? 

if Hispanics don't turn out, yes. See that state Senate seat the TDP blew last year. 

However, they *should* turn out because it is a presidential year.  And when he loses the nomination, Beto better be holding MJ's hand and criss-crossing the state, and especially places like TX-23, to get those voters out. 

Edited by Js1

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Hahahaha. Pathetic. 

Pete sessions was the worst house rules committee chair ever. He blacklisted so many topics. The Paul Ryan house was being run like the year was 1970 or something. I hope republicans have enough sense to not let him run the house rules committee again if they take the house. That guy is a closed minded bigot.

Burn through the cash. Make it a fight. 

However, Sessions wasn’t always such a fan of people launched bids for seats where that they don’t currently live in. Just a couple of months ago, when former Navy SEAL Floyd McLendon announced that he would seek the GOP nod in the 32nd District, Sessions responded by snarking, “Has he moved into the district yet?”

yeah, keep burning up that cash in places you shouldn't have to. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

McCaul? Burgess? Brady? Roger Williams? Gohmert? Carter? 

Crossing my fingers that it’s brady or carter.

It would be nice if it was Brady because he’s actually written all of the shitty GOP legislation that’s passed for the last 20 years. Supposedly he was a huge architect of the both bush tax cuts, the trump tax cuts, and the healthcare plan pushed by Paul Ryan. I don’t have a positive thing to say about any of those bills. It was just recently announced that wealth inequality in this country is the WORST it’s ever been. If you’re wondering why, you can blame Kevin Brady and Dubbya.

as for carter, I think it would make his seat even more competitive. He barely escaped last year right?
hopefully it’s one of those 2.

in addition, She hasn’t been talked about much, but don’t forget about the old hag who represents my district. Kay Granger is 76 and she’s been in office since the 90’s. Hopefully she steps down soon.

Edited by Voldemort86

13 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

As the comments to the tweet say, not Gohmert either. 

Kay Granger?

Why would granger be viewed as one of our best and brightest?

her voting record is very vanilla. Any run of the mill republican can duplicate it.  She’s pretty much an automatic yes for trump / dubbya and an automatic no for any democrat. I vote against her every 2 years. She’s my representative.

26 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I have no idea. She dropped the teaser and now is having to put up some defense. I don't know who she's talking about. 

She did say we would know tomorrow. The way she says it's someone under the radar, there are a lot of Rs, clear D pickup opportunity... I have to think it's maybe a state lege seat or something.

12 minutes ago, NIUHuskies said:

Erica Grieder journalist hot...

These are the important insights of our time.

After I wrote about Sessions' interest in running against Allred, most of the calls I received in response came from Republicans, not Democrats.

You can bet that Allred is giddy about the prospect of defending his incumbency against Sessions, a candidate he successfully labeled as pro-Trump and an impediment to the development of the Affordable Care Act.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/09/30/rep-colin-allred-might-not-be-worried-about-a-pete-sessions-rematch-but-some-republicans-are/

5 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

After I wrote about Sessions' interest in running against Allred, most of the calls I received in response came from Republicans, not Democrats.

You can bet that Allred is giddy about the prospect of defending his incumbency against Sessions, a candidate he successfully labeled as pro-Trump and an impediment to the development of the Affordable Care Act.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2019/09/30/rep-colin-allred-might-not-be-worried-about-a-pete-sessions-rematch-but-some-republicans-are/

Given the demographics of that district now,  I think Allred beats anyone the GOP can come up with.

10 hours ago, Js1 said:

NY-17 - hugs the NJ border 
D+7 PVI
Last time it was seriously contested in 2014, Lowey won by 12.3
HRC won this district by 20.2, 58.6-38.4

There is speculation about Chelsea Clinton running for this seat and getting her start in politics. That would be interesting. 

In any case I hope someone younger wins as the boomers and older are seriously over-represented in the Democratic House.

7 minutes ago, RayDog said:

There is speculation about Chelsea Clinton running for this seat and getting her start in politics. That would be interesting. 

In any case I hope someone younger wins as the boomers and older are seriously over-represented in the Democratic House.

Well this district is north of NYC where she lives. So she can carpetbag like her mom did in 2000! 

Edited by Js1

10 hours ago, RayDog said:

I have mixed feelings about this. We already have to put up with Liz Cheney in the house. These political legacy families kind of suck.

12 hours ago, RayDog said:

I wouldn't mind finishing my career in DC without another generation of Clintons.