Family car bigger than sedan but good gas mileage

I gotta admit, I have been almost giddy with excitement waiting for this to come out.  Lesbians be damned.

It makes so much sense. Subaru has been killing it with the Forester and Outback but they had nothing to offer to someone who needed something with a 3rd row. We would have very, very strongly considered it had it been available when we bought our Highlander three years ago. They are going to sell a billion of them.

On 4/4/2018 at 5:30 PM, TexasEd said:

I always thought of the Venza as a Sienna without sliding doors.

no, that's the highlander.

venza is a highlander with 3 inches removed out of the middle.

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

It makes so much sense. Subaru has been killing it with the Forester and Outback but they had nothing to offer to someone who needed something with a 3rd row. We would have very, very strongly considered it had it been available when we bought our Highlander three years ago. They are going to sell a billion of them.

Completely agree.  Makes me wonder why Jeep has never come out with an extended Grand Cherokee that has a 3rd row.

17 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

Completely agree.  Makes me wonder why Jeep has never come out with an extended Grand Cherokee that has a 3rd row.

Bringing back the wagoneer nameplate to do just that.  Waited 20 years too long. 

I know you say you don't want a minivan, but the Chrysler Pacifica Limited Hybrid is great.  That fucking thing has a USB port for every seat in the thing, and it gets 80 MPG on the highway.

Look--I resisted the minivan.  But the sliding doors are such a game-changer.  You can just pull up somewhere, hit a button, and the kids climb in.  Hit the button again, and off you go.  You don't have to worry how close you are to another car and whether your kids will hit it with their door; there's none of that heartburn.  Just hit the button and the damned sliding doors open right up. 

You minivan guys are making me reconsider having any kids at all. That sounds horrible.

Two kids here and we've never considered purchasing a minivan for even one second. Of course, most 'SUV's' these days are basically minivans. Hopefully this new RWD Aviator is as nice as it looks.

19 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I know you say you don't want a minivan, but the Chrysler Pacifica Limited Hybrid is great.  That fucking thing has a USB port for every seat in the thing, and it gets 80 MPG on the highway.

Look--I resisted the minivan.  But the sliding doors are such a game-changer.  You can just pull up somewhere, hit a button, and the kids climb in.  Hit the button again, and off you go.  You don't have to worry how close you are to another car and whether your kids will hit it with their door; there's none of that heartburn.  Just hit the button and the damned sliding doors open right up. 

Dude?  You're better than this.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:57 PM, Okie State said:

Two kids here and we've never considered purchasing a minivan for even one second. Of course, most 'SUV's' these days are basically minivans. Hopefully this new RWD Aviator is as nice as it looks.

Never considered a van until we had the third.  We took one three hour road trip with the two oldest punching each other from their car seats, and we changed our tune. But yea, if we had stopped at two I would never ever think about it.

Team minivan here. I don't really understand the requirements for something bigger than a sedan if you already have a big SUV and this would be your DD for work. But whatever.. your parameters describe a class of vehicles called crossovers, of which there are a ton. Every mfg has at least one. 

If your wife will be driving it, I'd opt for something w all the latest safety features.

• Like 1