Brian Robison is retiring from the NFL

Machinator

34 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Guy was a total bad ass.

I’ll never understand how someone that large could jump so high and block so many kicks.

I sat next to his parents at the 2004 Arkansas game in Fayetteville. His dad was about 5'5" and his mom was close to 6'. I believe his dad played JUCO football and his mom played something in college also. They were really great people, and you could tell how much they had encouraged and helped their son along the way. BRob really was an athletic freak.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I sat next to his parents at the 2004 Arkansas game in Fayetteville. His dad was about 5'5" and his mom was close to 6'. I believe his dad played JUCO football and his mom played something in college also. They were really great people, and you could tell how much they had encouraged and helped their son along the way. BRob really was an athletic freak.

I met his aunt at the Alamo Bowl vs Iowa. Totally cool family, you can see where he gets it from. One of the most underrated Longhorns of my lifetime, and just an all around badass football player. Hook em B Rob! 🤘🏼 

• Like 1

Not bad. Retiring relatively young, beautiful family and quality career in the NFL.  A truly great Longhorn. Equal parts motor, heart and freakish athleticism.

BRob on one end and Tim Crowder on the other..... those were good times. 

I had the good fortune of being on our track and field team (high jump) and B Rob was a team mate of mine. Dude was as good of a guy as there was. He was just someone you wanted to be around and he made everyone smile. 

Look up his Big XII Championship shot put record. Dude was a beast. 

• Like 4