2019 Gardening thread of homegrown tomatoes

cactusflinthead

On 11/5/2019 at 11:51 PM, mulletpelini said:

Hadn't contributed much because I really didn't have the garden up and running like I really wanted it to be.  Didn't end up to bad though after throwing it together late towards the end of May, beginning of June.   We just moved into this house a little over a year ago and I've spent most of my free time renovating the inside so haven't had a ton of time spent in the yard....but it's a coming.

3DxQVtc.jpg

Best plant by far was the purple pepper plant, damn it was working overtime and put out easily 2 dozen peppers per month when active.

GertauN.jpg

tomatoes meh, wasn't real impressed by any of the yellow boys that much, they never do that well for me.  Cherry tomatoes probably do the best, and they're small and easier to deal with and generally more larger output from a single plant anyways.

FW0AsJI.jpg

eggplants came on real late in the season and then really boomed for about a month.  Those cherry's still on the vine were probably the best looking singular group I picked all summer.

BcFvMZH.jpg

This was everything that hadn't ripened before the freeze last week.  I stuck all the greens in boxes and put em in a dark closet, check em every 3 days or so.  1/3 have already gotten pink.

Next year....much like the last 20 years of Nebraska football will be the year!  Seriously though, I've already mapped out a section of the back yard and got the extra irrigation line run to water (3) 25' long raised beds.  Been collecting compost for the past 6 months and have a really good base to start with to put soil onto.  

Then I will update this mfer!  

Oh I also planted two apple trees and a pear.  The two apples are doing fine but the pear already got fire blight so it got cut the fuck out.  Neighbors have a crabapple right over the fence so I'm hoping it will help these produce.

On 11/8/2019 at 5:11 PM, mulletpelini said:

after a couple weeks boxed up

evKXVQN.jpg

Imgur doesn't work here. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 1