I saw Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS)

Parliament

- why was Spider-Man and fat boi still in HS? 

- how did Cap return the reality stone into Natalie Portman (can I see that scene?) 

- by Cap staying, wouldn’t that create 2 timelines like they were talking about during the battle of NY? 

- wouldn’t Loki still have the stone if they returned it to before the battle of NY? 

- I thought it was pretty clear that you blow up if you mess with the infinity stones (see the collector’s assistant from GotG). 

- dumbest part was when Pepper shows up with team female for no reason.

I liked it overall and I’m sure it will continue to grow on me. But it’s very messy. 

• Like 1

7.5/10

one big fat wrap up for the fan boys... almost to a fault. Thats it. Thats all the entire 3 hrs was. 

a fuck ton of plot holes

seat-cringingly slow the first 60%

tried too hard with a lot of the comedy

hilarious the way they handled/ended captain america

it was a good movie but in no timeline would i ever call it incredible or amazing

also, i cant believe there are humans who CANT hold their pee for 3 hrs... lolol

• Like 1

It was fun! And that’s what it was meant to be. Anyone trying to pick at plot holes or whatever...too full of themselves or too entitled. It was all about being fantastical. The fan service felt completely mutual based on the last decade of movies. And the resolution of some of the character’s was on point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, greenman said:

- why was Spider-Man and fat boi still in HS? 

- how did Cap return the reality stone into Natalie Portman (can I see that scene?) 

- by Cap staying, wouldn’t that create 2 timelines like they were talking about during the battle of NY? 

- wouldn’t Loki still have the stone if they returned it to before the battle of NY? 

- I thought it was pretty clear that you blow up if you mess with the infinity stones (see the collector’s assistant from GotG). 

- dumbest part was when Pepper shows up with team female for no reason.

I liked it overall and I’m sure it will continue to grow on me. But it’s very messy. 

Because they stayed the same age during the snap. I'm more curious about the half that didn't get snapped. How weird is that to be 5 years older now than people you were once the same age as. The Marvel Timeline is now set in 2023. 

Well same with the Tesseract but I think the idea is leave it for Odin to deal with or maybe it returns to its natural form as the Aether. 

No. Cap was still in the ice at the point he returned. So past Cap stays frozen until needed. Future Cap goes back and lives a quiet life with Peggy, not worrying about what's happening because he know it will all work out.

I think the Loki angle will be explored in the Disney+ What If series.

That was only the Power stone and it's not like they touched it. But I think they showed with Thanos, Hulk and Tony that you can't wield them and not be permanently burned or killed. 

I'm sure it was a bone they toss to get Gwyneth Paltrow to do the movie. Pretty sure they teased it in IM3

Edited by mdmost

1. Is the “soul for a soul” like a pawn shop? When Cap took the stone back to Red Skull, could he reclaim BW for it as long as he had the receipt? If not, why? Or why not go back to ten seconds before BW dies and give her and Clint the soul stone that he has?

2. Agree on fat Thor. Hilarious but could have ended after the first scene or two with him. I was minorly distracted throughout waiting for him to pick up a weapon, get struck by lightning, and return to ripped Thor. 

3. Anyone who claims to know what would really happen with time travel is full of shit, but that doesn’t stop every Joe on the internet from defending or tearing apart every movie. That said, this movie seemed to have some inconsistencies in their theory of time travel. They said what you do in the past doesn’t affect the future, so what happens with Loki from 2014-B or Thanos and friends who came from the past? Cap America fought himself but wouldn’t remember it? If it’s all because all of these things are happening in infinite different realities, then why do they care when/where the stones are taken from or returned to? Could they happen to go backwards in their own timeline/reality? If so, but changing it creates an alternate timeline, does that mean their old future no longer exists? If it makes no impact on their original future, then again who gives a shot what they do in the past?

4. Did Gamora from 2014 get disintegrated by Tony’s snap? That sucks for our boy Star lord. 

5. Thanos was able to use some combination of the time and/or reality stone to reverse Vision’s destruction in IW without affecting everyone around watching (ie Thanos and SW). If the 6 stones individually or any combination thereof are all powerful and could do what they did and create the good and evil beings they did, why is it assumed they couldn’t recreate versions of SW, Gamora, Vision, and Tony, or go bring them back? Give it a try, Professor Hulk! Or if alternate timelines don’t make a shit, just take an extra Quantum suit with you, jump backwards in time, and bring those people back with you to the present. 

6. Not to be misogynistic, but I agree that the all female group being at the end seemed about as forced as political commentary crammed into the last Star Wars movie.

All those points being said, I really enjoyed the movie it would still give it an eight out of 10

• Like 1

Ha. I knew the second the chicks all got together that you guys who always bitch about that stuff were going to bring it up on here. That was female fan service. If we're cool with fan service that's typically for dudes, it's fine to have fan service for chicks. My two daughters are going to love it. 

I'm sure ajax will cheer when Thanos punches Carol with the Power Stone. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 8

Ha. I knew the second the chicks all got together that you guys who always bitch about that stuff were going to bring it up on here. That was female fan service. If we're cool with fan service that's typically for dudes, it's fine to have fan service for chicks. My two daughters are going to love it. 

Seriously what’s the big deal? I thought it was pretty cool. Got a big cheer from the crowd in my theater.

6. Not to be misogynistic, but I agree that the all female group being at the end seemed about as forced as political commentary crammed into the last Star Wars movie.
All those points being said, I really enjoyed the movie it would still give it an eight out of 10

It would have been even better if Rose from ep8 and gender queer Jar Jar Binks showed up to fight in that scene as well. Agreed on how terrible that part was.
  • Like 4

it was supposed to be cheesy and "eye-rolly" (for the adult males) but thought that was half the fun.

as for anyone saying "they tried to hard with the comedy" - the jokes that don't work in these movies is typically because of the actor trying to pull it off.  a lot of these actors (hemsworth, rdj, rudd, pratt, cooper) just happen to have great comedic timing.  but then sometimes someone else says something (larson, cheedle, johanssen) and people think it's shitty writing or trying to hard with the jokes.

I really liked it. .....

They are going to have Superman problems with Captain Marvel the way they are headed. She single handily took down a ship again. The “I don’t know how you’re going to make it through that” line right after flying through said ship fell flat. And then only a Titan wielding an infinity stone was able to hit her. 

In a comic, she gets some sort of brain tumor that gets worse when she uses her powers. She gets a flying bike. I haven’t finished the series so don’t know the full details.

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

If I had any liquid in me I would have peed a little.

Btw - I'm gonna make my kids watch the Big Lebowski and not tell them why before I take the fam to see Endgame next week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, YChang said:

Seriously what’s the big deal? I thought it was pretty cool. Got a big cheer from the crowd in my theater.

Same 

god damn. So many laughs. That is America’s Ass! 

Yeah I tearer up when Peter got his hug. And the funeral. 

it could've been worse.  the person next to me kept saying, "gawwddd, where is captain marvel?!!?" audibly, along with a lot of chair slumping and sighing when things weren't going great.  which would've been totally fine if it was a 12 year old girl.  but it wasn't.  it was a 40-something gay guy by himself.

yeah.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That embarrasses me. I bet he loved her dykey hair cut (I did)

a fast motion version of his posture throughout the entire movie would make for an entertaining youtube video.  he was all over the place.  lots of whining and pouting when the chips were down.  a lot of "yah!" and clapping when the good guys did well.  it was like he was channeling the 9 year old comic book fan of his youth, but evidently thought he was home watching the movie by himself.

right after the lebowski joke, i swear he laughed, then turned to me and said, "what did he call him?" and when i told him he laughed again.  i was so pissed at my buddy who was sitting on my other side, because he saw exactly what was going on next to me.

I’m assuming Peter’s friend Ned got powdered during Thanos’ snap, otherwise it would be pretty embarrassing that he’s still in high school when Peter comes back five years later.   

Also, why isn’t the first move when time travel gets figured out to go back in time and snag some more Pym particles?

Just random thoughts that popped into my head while thoroughly enjoying the movie.

And I finally have a body like Thor!

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

Because they stayed the same age during the snap. I'm more curious about the half that didn't get snapped. How weird is that to be 5 years older now than people you were once the same age as. The Marvel Timeline is now set in 2023. 

Well same with the Tesseract but I think the idea is leave it for Odin to deal with or maybe it returns to its natural form as the Aether. 

No. Cap was still in the ice at the point he returned. So past Cap stays frozen until needed. Future Cap goes back and lives a quiet life with Peggy, not worrying about what's happening because he know it will all work out.

I think the Loki angle will be explored in the Disney+ What If series.

That was only the Power stone and it's not like they touched it. But I think they showed with Thanos, Hulk and Tony that you can't wield them and not be permanently burned or killed. 

I'm sure it was a bone they toss to get Gwyneth Paltrow to do the movie. Pretty sure they teased it in IM3

I thought it was pretty funny that people just apparently went along with their lives after the mass die off.

Did the President get on tv (assuming he didn’t also die) and have to explain to the American people that a purple space alien with a scrotum for a chin killed off half the life in the universe by snapping his fingers?  That’s a tough scene. 

Tracking towards a 350M domestic opening. Supposedly, killing it in China to the tune of 150M through Friday. 

Well, believe it or not, the box office projections for Avengers: Endgame are now even higher. According to Deadline, the Russo Brothers' film enjoyed a $157.5M opening day yesterday ($38.4M higher than the record established by The Force Awakens), with another $102-110M+ expected for today. Projected total for the weekend now stands at an absurd $349-356M.

Tracking towards a 350M domestic opening. Supposedly, killing it in China to the tune of 150M through Friday. 
Well, believe it or not, the box office projections for Avengers: Endgame are now even higher. According to Deadline, the Russo Brothers' film enjoyed a $157.5M opening day yesterday ($38.4M higher than the record established by The Force Awakens), with another $102-110M+ expected for today. Projected total for the weekend now stands at an absurd $349-356M.

IMAX here in China today was packed. Due to the length (Chinese theaters do not take the length) they aren't even showing trailers to cram in showings.

21 hours ago, mdmost said:

He can do both.

All-New_Captain_America_Vol_1_1.jpg

I’m not familiar with this arc. Does he get Steve’s superhuman powers (speed, strength, reflexes, etc)? If not, isn’t he just a mostly normal dude,  albeit with some light superhuman avian abilities, who happens to have a vibranium shield? 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

I don’t understand the time travel aspect. I know they’ve laid out the rules, but there’s just too much going on. Overall it was extremely enjoyable, but how was Tony’s gauntlet able to hold the stones when a bunch of giant dwarves died for the other, more magical version? Eh, best not think to much about it I guess. 

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Five years later. Life goes on.

My question is this: how much drama was there when they all came BACK? Lotsa people remarried. Lotsa estates settled.

I think they’re going to cover the enormous impact The Return had on family and estate law in depth in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whelmed. Don’t know what to think of it.

Really liked killing Thanos at the beginning. Really like the past Thanos finding out about the future. Liked Thor joining the Guardians.

The final battle was unnecessary and just fan service. Sam as Captain is stupid. Gray Hulk is predictable and as a result, boring.

I’m seeing it tomorrow again. Hopefully my opinion improves.