I saw Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS)

Parliament

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If your only job was to get from being the guy on the left, to being the guy on the right; with a trainer and a nutritionist, you could do it in 8 months.  Would be very intense, but you could do it.

Oh definitely, and it would actually take a few hours a day. My response to Eastwood was against the assertion that these actors need to train four hours a day six days a week for a decade. A good diet and consistency in working out 1-1.5 hours a day would be plenty to keep someone already in that shape, in that shape.

17 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Oh definitely, and it would actually take a few hours a day. My response to Eastwood was against the assertion that these actors need to train four hours a day six days a week for a decade. A good diet and consistency in working out 1-1.5 hours a day would be plenty to keep someone already in that shape, in that shape.

I took it to PMs. Don't want to turn an Avengers thread into an argument about physical fitness, which always turns into a shit show.

• Like 2

It was fucking awesome. Yes you can nitpick it to death if that’s who you want to be. Time travel movies are always going to have problems.

dfd99d82be98672b0a4e7d5da26abe76.gif

Fat Thor slamming Tropicalia IPA was awesome and a nice little nod to Georgia.

My theater clapped when Black Panther showed up, and the whole place let out a “whooooaaaa” when Cap wielded the hammer.

Definitely dusty in several spots. Hawkeye’s arc was heartbreaking.

And if you have an AMC Dolby Cinema near you then that’s where to see it. It’s stupid expensive but the picture and sound is just stunning. Like a 4K OLED IMAX.

• Like 1

Evans has stated he's done with the MCU. They may snag him to do some voiceover work with the new What If? animated show or maybe a cameo but he wants to move on. RDJ may come back in some holographic form but I think he's probably thought his send off was perfect, which it was. I mean the whole Dr Strange holding up his finger to let Tony know he was the 1 in 14 million chance was pretty damn great. The gravity of his choice was evident. I loved Pepper's line of you can finally rest because he finally fulfilled the dream that he wanted of neutralizing the biggest threat to his daughter's future. You could easily have Professor Hulk return but in a very limited capacity. 

I think they'll eventually do a huge teamup movie with GOTG, Carol, Black Panther, and the rest of the Avengers. The Russos have stated Secret War is on their wishlist and that's a definite offworld adventure where you could rope in most of the cast. Just have to get a good villain. I think we'll definitely see another Fantastic Four reboot done the right way. I would really love Memphisto to make an appear in a Dr. Strange between both the mystical and regular world. Silver Surfer and Galactus could make for a good option. But maybe Marvel just goes back to smaller character centric movies. There may have been a tease for Namor being in Black Panther 2 given the reference to underwater quakes. Namor's the prick version of Aquaman. 

Oh and GOTG3 will be the Search for Gamora.  

Edited by mdmost

I liked it. The time travel is what it is. Like they made jokes about it so they didn’t have to explain too much.

The stone locating missions were kinda cool but too long. The team going to get soul stone should have known they (or one) would be fucked.

I wanted to see some more fighting earlier but everyone was doing regular civilian life.

But...when everyone reunited I felt like a lil kid.

And easily my favorite part was Cap wielding the hammer....when he spun it and uppercutted Thanos with it I went from six to midnight. Lil homo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Loved it, though I fail to see exactly why captain marvel was crucial. They could have plotted around her two big contributions. 

i was glad that she wasn't crucial.  i know some were concerned.

she was there to save tony, kill thanos, and then to be part of the team at the end.  i got the right amount of that character.

Yep, loved it...despite the projector at the state-of-the-art AMC Theater going out TWICE.  The first time was just for a couple of seconds early on, I don't think it was anything major missed.

The second time though, lasted for 2-3 minutes right after Pepper walked up to Tony as he was dying.  I heard his voiceover but didn't see any of the visuals that were supposed to go along with it.  Crazy the screen went out right when Iron Man died and everyone knew it was happening...the people behind me got up and left and missed the last 15 minutes or so.

Edited by McCroskey

50 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I liked it. The time travel is what it is. Like they made jokes about it so they didn’t have to explain too much.

The stone locating missions were kinda cool but too long. The team going to get soul stone should have known they (or one) would be fucked.

I wanted to see some more fighting earlier but everyone was doing regular civilian life.

But...when everyone reunited I felt like a lil kid.

And easily my favorite part was Cap wielding the hammer....when he spun it and uppercutted Thanos with it I went from six to midnight. Lil homo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah why didn’t Nebula1 tell them “hey someone has to die for the soul stone, like my sister did”. She kinda left that out? 

• Like 1

So saw it 3x this weekend. Once Solo. Once with the Wife. Once with the kids. 

Its very interesting the different reaction each showing had for diff scenes. 

The 2 constants were Cptn getting the hammer and when everyone started showing back up at the end. Place went nuts every time. 

One place came unglued when Black Panther came out. Another when Spider Man came out. 

Only one spot even made a peep when Cptn Marvel Showed up at the end. 

Also when Thanos turned to dust only 1theatre started clapping. 

On a personal note ...when I watched for the 3rd time with kids. Watching my daughter react during the final battle  who is 9 was absolutely priceless. I was watching her reactions during major scenes and her nervousness every time Thanos had an edge was great. When she realized Thanos was coming thru that portal her nervousness was thru the roof. My son on the other hand who is 5 didn’t realize Iron Man died and wanted to know who the old man on the bench was. Ahh well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Loved Cap wielding Mjolnir.

4 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Proves that Cap could lift it in Ultron but didn't to spare Thor's feelings. Bet the internet nerds pounding that theory to death blew their wad over that.

Well, even though he is Captain America, maybe he wasn't worthy to wield Mjolnir in Ultron. When he did lift it, he was definitely worthy.

Great movie and I am not anywhere close to a huge Marvel or superhero movie fan in general. My girlfriend is a huge Avengers fan so I took it upon myself to take in every Avengers movie in order of theatrical release in the last month. Which was pretty fucking intense to watch that many of them in that span seeing how long they are. A lot to absorb. It was worth it though seeing this movie and understanding what was going on. Although I did not see Ant Man & Wasp or Captain Marvel before Endgame. Will go back and watch those a little later. My girlfriend teared up at 4 scenes. Great way to end the series for sure. 

A question niggled at me while watching.  In GoG1, they made a big deal about how mere mortals couldn't touch or hold an infinity stone without being destroyed by their power.  It was a big deal that Quill was able to hold one of them.  In Endgame, it seemed like anyone could handle a stone no problemo.  How the heck did Clint hold the soul stone?  He's just a normal guy - no superpowers.

Also, where did the time traveling Avengers go to get the yellow stone?  Did they go back in time and rip it out of Vision's head?  Did they steal it from Thanos?

The only stone that couldn't be held was the Power Stone from GOTG. The Reality Stone was inside Natalie Portman's body as the Aether. The Mind Stone was in the Scepter and didn't kill people who it touched. So they didn't need Vision as the Mind Stone was taken from the Scepter. Also was what gave Wanda and her brother their powers. The Space Stone didn't kill Cap, Fury, or others when it was the Tesseract. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bernorange said:

A question niggled at me while watching.  In GoG1, they made a big deal about how mere mortals couldn't touch or hold an infinity stone without being destroyed by their power.  It was a big deal that Quill was able to hold one of them.  In Endgame, it seemed like anyone could handle a stone no problemo.  How the heck did Clint hold the soul stone?  He's just a normal guy - no superpowers.

Also, where did the time traveling Avengers go to get the yellow stone?  Did they go back in time and rip it out of Vision's head?  Did they steal it from Thanos?

Specifically the power stone has that effect. It isn't clear to me that any of the other stones have a similar violent reaction when held. And at any rate, we know the soul stone is special and probably only allows those who make the sacrifice to hold it. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Specifically the power stone has that effect. It isn't clear to me that any of the other stones have a similar violent reaction when held. And at any rate, we know the soul stone is special and probably only allows those who make the sacrifice to hold it. 

This.  You wake up with it.  What would be the point if you threw someone off a cliff and woke up and exploded? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

...and he contributed exactly zero except for giving away the gauntlet.  BP is in the top 10 most worthless superheroes.

Our theater clapped real loud when Black Panther showed up as well.. Did not like his movie at all. Hell it was as bad as Incredible Hulk. They also clapped a lot when Spiderman showed up, which was probably the goofiest most worthless Avengers movie I watched. 

It's the first time any of the dusted heroes showed up so I can understand the clapping. They just happened to send BP through first. I thought it was pretty cool/rousing when Falcon flew in.

Shuri did look a little silly with her lobster claws.

• Like 1

I must have totally blacked out Iron Man 2 and/or 3, because I have no memory whatsoever of Pepper Potts in an Iron Man suit.

The girl power moment with every single chick in the universe coming to the aid of a character that really didn't need their help was a bit much. It was done much better--and much more subtle--in Infinity Wars.

• Like 1

The wife and kids saw it while I had a soccer game. I saw it late last night, after my game so luckily I was dehydrated.

Loved it, probably more for what it was trying to do than how it did it.

I liked the nod to time travel “issues” and even Rhodey asking about the “baby hitler” idea.

Loved all of Cap’s moments, his retelling the elevator brawl with a hail hydra, even he realizes the “I can do this all day” gets old, the idea that through it all he just wants to do what’s right without sacrificing what they believe. When Thor brought Mjölnir back with him, I wondered if Cap would try to pick it up again and it was epic! I was one of those nerd in ultron that said if he could move it a cm then he probably coulda picked it up as worthy. I liked that he was taking it along with the stones back to their timelines.

Someone was saying they didn’t like Cap being all badass with Mjölnir when Thor was only able to do it twice. I looked at Thor as always being aloof and unfocused, he used it as the source of his power rather than just a conduit. Cap was always more focused than Thor and Iron Man in combat and in their abilities.

Lastly about the 5 years later mourning, I thought that was answered by Thanos and Cap at the end. Thanos loved to say his war to kill half the population had always resulted in a thriving world once the thinning was complete and he had left. His idea that a snap to wipe half of everything living while - removed from fair/unfair, rich/poor whatever also stripped away a lot more because not everyone was caught up in the snap vs being a part of a war... also he tells Cap the problem he didn’t expect was humanity remembering the dusted, holding onto the pain rather than saying “ok we now have double the supplies so we can thrive now!” Which is why he says his next snap won’t be for half of everyone, it’ll be to restart the whole “Big Bang” to remove the memory of it.

Gotta see it again.

• Like 1

I must have totally blacked out Iron Man 2 and/or 3, because I have no memory whatsoever of Pepper Potts in an Iron Man suit.
The girl power moment with every single chick in the universe coming to the aid of a character that really didn't need their help was a bit much. It was done much better--and much more subtle--in Infinity Wars.

She wasn’t, he was building her suit post snap.

I was good with all female warriors having their moments but the pepper Potts iron suit being super badass was a little over the top since we’d never had any moments of her combat prowess previously. In IM3, she did get infected with the extremist virus by A.I.M. and did have one showing of kickass.

So I could swallow her at some point over the 5 years becoming adapt at the iron suit.

17 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Proves that Cap could lift it in Ultron but didn't to spare Thor's feelings. Bet the internet nerds pounding that theory to death blew their wad over that.

I don't think he was able to lift it in Ultron because of the stuff he knew about the death of Tony's parents.  It was only after he came clean about it in Civil War that he was now worthy to be able to wield Mjolnir.

I don't think he was able to lift it in Ultron because of the stuff he knew about the death of Tony's parents.  It was only after he came clean about it in Civil War that he was now worthy to be able to wield Mjolnir.

I’m not really a fan of that theory, it’s an either/or. He moved it, even a CM and to me that means Mjölnir deemed him worthy.

To me... but I get the winter solder secret thought.

movie was great. only problem i had was the treatment of Hulk. He never got to be a total bad ass.

i heard some sniffling from those sitting around me a few different scenes.

another thing that i heard-- some lady had an infant in a baby carrier thingy. this in an absolutely packed theater of rabid comic book nerds.  this is a very bad idea.

luckily the kid only screamed 3-4 times but that is 3-4 times too damn many.  last few times i went to the theater somebody had a screaming baby with them.. WHY the fuck to people do this? Either get a sitter or dont fucking come.

\

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, llanoflash said:

movie was great. only problem i had was the treatment of Hulk. He never got to be a total bad ass.

i heard some sniffling from those sitting around me a few different scenes.

another thing that i heard-- some lady had an infant in a baby carrier thingy. this in an absolutely packed theater of rabid comic book nerds.  this is a very bad idea.

luckily the kid only screamed 3-4 times but that is 3-4 times too damn many.  last few times i went to the theater somebody had a screaming baby with them.. WHY the fuck to people do this? Either get a sitter or dont fucking come.

\

My clan went on Saturday so I went solo on Sunday, and was naturally sandwiched between two families. Family to my right showed up a full half hour late, fumbled to their seats in the dark, and then the mom fired up her phone light and started rummaging through her purse.

Mom to my left was a little chatty with her kids, and made a few rhetorical comments/questions to the movie screen.

But I'm still glad I saw it before anything could be spoiled for me.

Edited by Buzzrock

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

My clan went on Saturday so I went solo on Sunday, and was naturally sandwiched between two families. Family to my right showed up a full half hour late, fumbled to their seats in the dark, and then the mom fired up her phone light and started rummaging through her purse.

Mom to my left was a little chatty with her kids, and made a few rhetorical comments/questions to the movie screen.

But I'm still glad I saw it before anything could be spoiled for me.

I love the Drafhouse. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Our theater clapped real loud when Black Panther showed up as well.. Did not like his movie at all. Hell it was as bad as Incredible Hulk. They also clapped a lot when Spiderman showed up, which was probably the goofiest most worthless Avengers movie I watched. 

Man, you just live to have opinions don't you?

Edited by Dahobbs