I saw Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS)

Parliament

I came here to ask the same question.  The answer does clear anything up for me.  I can't even remember who the bad guy in Iron Man 3 was.  Off to IMDb

The mandarin and terrorist attacks.

Stark has ptsd from the avengers, he escapes to some town and doesn’t have enough oower in his new in progress iron man suit. Harley helps him along through the middle part.

Aldrich Killian is exposed as the creator of the Extemis virus and the founder of A.I.M.

It was prett meh. War machine became Iron patriot...

8 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

The mandarin and terrorist attacks.

Stark has ptsd from the avengers, he escapes to some town and doesn’t have enough oower in his new in progress iron man suit. Harley helps him along through the middle part.

Aldrich Killian is exposed as the creator of the Extemis virus and the founder of A.I.M.

It was prett meh. War machine became Iron patriot...

Fake Mandarin. The real Mandarin is out there and he's pissed. Poor Trevor Slattery.

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

And yet Iron Man 3 is in a lot of critic's top 10 MCU movies. I may have to rewatch because it felt very meh to me. 

Also, Age of Ultron is much better than people remember. I think it's one of the better MCU movies.

Oh yeah, In IW wasn’t there some line from thanos to iron man, during the titan battle where starlord shits the bed, along the lines of “you’re not the only one cursed with knowledge” or where it seemed like thanos recognized/remembered iron man? I remembered it while watching endgame but don’t think it was ever resolved. 

Anyobe else remember that?

36 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Oh yeah, In IW wasn’t there some line from thanos to iron man, during the titan battle where starlord shits the bed, along the lines of “you’re not the only one cursed with knowledge” or where it seemed like thanos recognized/remembered iron man? I remembered it while watching endgame but don’t think it was ever resolved. 

Anyobe else remember that?

Yes, he knows who Tony is and when Tony is surprised, Thanos drops the knowledge line. 

• Like 1

Fat thor took mjolnir from the dark world timeline. Doesn’t that create a problem? And then cap took it with him to go bang agent carter. Did he drop it off again in Asgard?

What about cap on cap crime? He told himself that Bucky was still alive and then knocked him out with Loki’s thing. Did he also make him forget the whole fight and that statement?

1 minute ago, deft said:

Fat thor took mjolnir from the dark world timeline. Doesn’t that create a problem? And then cap took it with him to go bang agent carter. Did he drop it off again in Asgard?

What about cap on cap crime? He told himself that Bucky was still alive and then knocked him out with Loki’s thing. Did he also make him forget the whole fight and that statement?

There was a link earlier in the thread, I think from io9, that the directors said that Cap did a lot of stuff when he went back including multidimensional trips so I guess anything is possible.  

While the directors didn’t go into detail about why Cap staying in the past would be any more significant than ripping the Infinity Stones out of their intended places, they did confirm Steve’s travels weren’t about just going to the past—at some point, he also hopped dimensions, which...is its own can of worms entirely.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

And yet Iron Man 3 is in a lot of critic's top 10 MCU movies. I may have to rewatch because it felt very meh to me. 

I remember liking it but I don't think I've ever rewatched it. 

1 hour ago, ajax said:

Also, Age of Ultron is much better than people remember. I think it's one of the better MCU movies.

All of the Avengers movies are some of the better MCU movies imo. I'd probably slot all 4 in the top 10. 

34 minutes ago, seven said:

Yes, he knows who Tony is and when Tony is surprised, Thanos drops the knowledge line. 

But how did he know tony? Had they ever met before?

Sorta remember people saying they hadn’t, and in conjunction with the knowledge line, people theorized that it would be explained in endgame. So was that a) baseless online fan theory b) I’m completely misremembering  c) bad writing and so nothing there? D) all of the above? 

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I remember liking it but I don't think I've ever rewatched it. 

All of the Avengers movies are some of the better MCU movies imo. I'd probably slot all 4 in the top 10. 

That's tough...I'm trying to put together a list and keep forgetting how many good ones there are. I'd reckon:

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Iron Man
4. Captain America: Winter Soldier
5. Thor: Ragnarok
6. Black Panther
7. Avengers: Endgame
8. Captain America: Civil War
9. Avengers

Almost in any order, I feel like this is the top 9 for me. Then there's a decent list of ones vying for #10 between Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange, the Ant-Man films, etc.

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

But how did he know tony? Had they ever met before?

Sorta remember people saying they hadn’t, and in conjunction with the knowledge line, people theorized that it would be explained in endgame. So was that a) baseless online fan theory b) I’m completely misremembering  c) bad writing and so nothing there? D) all of the above? 

In Avengers, Tony flew through a hole in space and used a nuke to destroy a portion of Thano's fleet.  A guy who is as smart as Thanos and who plans like Thanos would take the time to find out who did that.

• Like 2

I saw this last night.  Theater was crowded so I'm right next to this girl who is probably between 16-20.  She must be a huge fan of Marvel because she went through this roller coaster of emotions and did not give a shit how loud she was.  If something big happened on scene she would say at full volume "Oh my God!"  When all the vaporized heroes came back for the big war, she was squealing with delight.  Loudly.  And then crying because she was so happy to see them back.  During the funeral, she was just sobbing.  The movie was entertaining, but she was more entertaining.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

I saw this last night.  Theater was crowded so I'm right next to this girl who is probably between 16-20.  She must be a huge fan of Marvel because she went through this roller coaster of emotions and did not give a shit how loud she was.  If something big happened on scene she would say at full volume "Oh my God!"  When all the vaporized heroes came back for the big war, she was squealing with delight.  Loudly.  And then crying because she was so happy to see them back.  During the funeral, she was just sobbing.  The movie was entertaining, but she was more entertaining.  

When I saw Infinity War, after it ended the early 20s chick sitting next to me was literally sobbing, clutching at her boyfriends arm, crying "how could they do that!!!". She probably left bruises on his arm.

This weekend is when I take the entire family to see Endgame and it'll be new for them. It'll be interesting how it shakes out because my teenage daughter has an inexplicable and deep seated hatred for Tony Stark. She think he's mean to Peter and generally a dick. You think I hate Carol Danvers? Multiply that by 10 and that's how much she hates Tony, which I think it silly. Tony's the man.

I'm gonna check in with her after Endgame and see where her hatred for Tony is at.

7 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

You combine my wife to the left of me crying for the whole movie and the random Asian dude to the right of me saying "Whoa" or "Oh my God" at every scene and that was basically my experience the first time I watched it.  

Edited by Longhornfan1024

1 hour ago, deft said:

Yes. He had to stop and re-inject Natalie Portman with the aethir (and probably banged her too) so he probably put Mjonir back too. 

8 minutes ago, ajax said:

When I saw Infinity War, after it ended the early 20s chick sitting next to me was literally sobbing, clutching at her boyfriends arm, crying "how could they do that!!!". She probably left bruises on his arm.

This weekend is when I take the entire family to see Endgame and it'll be new for them. It'll be interesting how it shakes out because my teenage daughter has an inexplicable and deep seated hatred for Tony Stark. She think he's mean to Peter and generally a dick. You think I hate Carol Danvers? Multiply that by 10 and that's how much she hates Tony, which I think it silly. Tony's the man.

I'm gonna check in with her after Endgame and see where her hatred for Tony is at.

Tony & Peter have a nice little moment in End Game, so maybe she'll start to get over it

1 hour ago, Bodowned said:

That's tough...I'm trying to put together a list and keep forgetting how many good ones there are. I'd reckon:

3. Iron Man
6. Black Panther
9. Avengers

Almost in any order, I feel like this is the top 9 for me. Then there's a decent list of ones vying for #10 between Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange, the Ant-Man films, etc.

I'm gonna make a new thread for the ranking topic. Should be fun to see how people rank stuff. 

Right, from the Avengers Loki was under Thanos’s mind control with the scepter, he had knowledge of the attack on earth from the Other as Iron Man destroyed his fleet.

I also think the knowledge also meant I “understands” Tony and his gift of genius/knowledge. They both basically had the same idea but Thanos was the preservation of life through genocide... while Tony’s was the preservation of life through complete security and basically removal of freedom... hell he created ultron and vision and wanted to register all super heroes and put a shield around the earth... when Thanos attempted to kill Tony, he showed a lot of respect for him

^It was personal because the Avengers were stubborn and wouldn't let shit go the way Thanos thought the world should...he was basically annoyed at the extent they have gone through to stop him.  Pain in his purple ass.

Also he hates that they’ve been a thorn in his side since Avengers 1 and have fought and beaten his army.

Saw it today and thought it was damn good. Couple of nit picky stuff but nothing to really cringe over. I watched a review on YouTube and liked how a person describes Thor’s role. A superhero with crippling anxiety, panic attacks, trouble dealing with failure and looking nothing like a superhero should, ie beer belly. But still was able to suit up a fight for the greater good and be  part of the team while still dealing with all the negatives. I thought they executed that perfectly and it makes me think of Luke in the TLJ and what could have been. 

• Like 1

3. Iron Man
6. Black Panther
9. Avengers

Its hard to compare these movies because they’re so diverse. Here’s my list:

Epics: Avengers and GOTG are the two best movies with tight scripts and action sequences. They blew me away and had a lot of surprises and heart.

Origin stories: Iron Man, BP, First Avenger (Liked it more than most)

Sequels: Winter Soldier and Ragnorak are superb movies

Epic Epics: Infinity War and Endgame are just amazingly constructed. They’re like a 1lb bone-in Ribeye. Lots of meat to sink your teeth in, but it carries a lot of fat. Not sure the meat tastes as good without the fat, but its fat nonetheless. Some people even like the fat.

23 hours ago, ajax said:

I re-watched it last night and agree... at the time I did not much like it, but then again I was pretty out on the MCU by then, after Dark World and IM3. Civil War rekindled my interest in the whole thing, and it helped that Phase 3 was so good all around. I binged 5 movies in the two weeks before I saw Infinity War.

All four Avengers movies plus Civil War were spectacular in perspective of most comic book movies. The ensemble casts will be hard to top until someone does a reboot (or DC does a better justice league LOL). Both Guardians movies were entertaining even if you didn’t know shit about Marvel comics. 

IW was probably best, followed by Avengers, then EndGame and closely trailed by Ultron. I can’t believe people are dogging on Ultron. My only major beef with it is they made Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver created by nuclear radiation and not children of Magneto. 

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

All four Avengers movies plus Civil War were spectacular in perspective of most comic book movies. The ensemble casts will be hard to top until someone does a reboot (or DC does a better justice league LOL). Both Guardians movies were entertaining even if you didn’t know shit about Marvel comics. 

IW was probably best, followed by Avengers, then EndGame and closely trailed by Ultron. I can’t believe people are dogging on Ultron. My only major beef with it is they made Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver created by nuclear radiation and not children of Magneto. 

Marvel didn't own the rights to the mutant versions of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver at the time. Those belonged to Fox but now fall under Disney/Marvel after the purchase of Fox. So Marvel couldn't do them as Magneto kids. They could only do them under the guise of them as Avengers. Same reason there's not another Hulk movie. Hulk can be in other movies but not the title character as that's owned by Universal. Maybe with merger done, they can retcon them back in as Magneto's kids.

Edited by mdmost
Fuck you, pops

I think a lot of what made this journey so awesome is the actors didn’t pull serious power plays or the likes over basically 11 years outside of Ed Norton as Banner/Hulk and Terrance Howard as War Machine.

So not only did we get to see a massive multi branch arc we got to watch it evolve with the same actors.

Take for example the DCU and Justice League, they rebooted Batman for SvB and TJL but now just as everything is set, Afflecks out and who knows if Henry Cavill is done or not... it’s just hard to keep it all together past a couple of movies. hits, so-sos and bombs...

Lol no shit? I assumed 3+ deaths.

Same... I’ll be honest, I was dreading every fight Cap had cause I was sure he’d keep doing all day long until thanos killed him... the face the army alone part had me all ready so the avenger assemble was really more a “whew” moment.

yeah, i'm not sure that certain parts of our country understands how much wakanda resonates. i'm mexican-american so i don't get it completely but the shit hits. i'm not saying it is "i have a dream level" but people like the idea of a wakanda, the bad guy being a gray character and going out with "bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped ... b/c they knew death was better than bondage." i'm good with that, it was a good line, i dug the story.  

my theater definitely chanted more for BP than other characters (i was a little drunk so don't totally remember) but i saw it at times square two weeks after opening so kind of telling he got the most props, outside of cheering for Cap when he picked up the thor hammer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

my theater definitely chanted more for BP than other characters (i was a little drunk so don't totally remember) but i saw it at times square two weeks after opening so kind of telling he got the most props, outside of cheering for Cap when he picked up the thor hammer.

How did you see it two weeks after opening when it opened April 26?