I saw Avengers: Endgame (SPOILERS)

Parliament

My first thought is the multiverse will be how they give us the Fantastic Four and X-Men.  Second is that Mysterio is lying his ass off.  

I’m kinda pumped that they brought in the multiverse now.

F4, Logan/X-men, Deadpool/Xforce, Ghost Rider, Spider-Verse, SilverSurfer etc.

Phase 4 begins on May 1, 2020. Just not sure with what movie as Disney hasn't announced the title. I'd guess Black Widow prequel since it's been cast already. 2 movies in 2020. 3 in 2021. 3 in 2022.  Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 are all rumored.

I don't understand how Far From Home is supposed to be part of phase 3 as phase 3 was supposed to be about wrapping up the infinity stone arc.    

On top of Endgame and Captain Marel (#6 MCU box office), Disney has Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Frozen 2, and SW9.  Jeez.  All the money.  

Edited by UT_OB1

8 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I don't understand how Far From Home is supposed to be part of phase 3 as phase 3 was supposed to be about wrapping up the infinity stone arc.    

On top of Endgame and Captain Marel (#6 MCU box office), Disney has Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Frozen 2, and SW9.  Jeez.  All the money.  

I think it wraps up that phase - basically the closure of the Endgame spoilers that were revealed in the trailer, and expanding on what happened at the end of Endgame.

Makes sense, given Spidey's relationship to certain characters in Endgame, and that more people will see a Spidey movie than some of the other characters' movies.

32 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Phase 4 begins on May 1, 2020. Just not sure with what movie as Disney hasn't announced the title. I'd guess Black Widow prequel since it's been cast already. 2 movies in 2020. 3 in 2021. 3 in 2022.  Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 are all rumored.

the black widow movie strikes me as strange, now that endgame killed her. she should have gotten her movie way before this, given how pivotal she's been in the avengers.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the black widow movie strikes me as strange, now that endgame killed her. she should have gotten her movie way before this, given how pivotal she's been in the avengers.

There really was no room for a solo movie for her.  And some are rumoring that a solo movie may test the waters for her getting a prequel TV series.

Too lazy to google, but she was knocked up for one of - Ultron or CA-CW, both?

Probably hard to squeeze in a solo action movie for a pregnant A-lister that already had a full schedule.

My question is the BW solo film going to be a prequel, seems dumb for one of the first films of phase 4. Or is it another tie-in with Gamora and whatever other multiverse characters looking for a way out of the soul stone world?

She looked kinda chubby in Ultron.

Cap going back to the 50's would be a good movie. Ironically, he be a man out of time there. He might long for the Ozzie and Harriot era, but he'd being a lot of 21st century cynicism along. It wouldn't be as fun as he thinks.

All that said, they closed out his story very well. Let's just leave it be.

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you have to give up a soul for the Soul Stone, if you give the Soul Stone back, do you get a soul?

That's why I half-expected Cap to show up with Nat.  But I guess they weren't feeling it.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, utee94 said:

Finally saw it last night, really enjoyed it.  I tried not to have many expectations because like a Star Wars movie, living up to them is pretty much impossible.

So overall I found it extremely entertaining and honestly, I was glad that Captain Marvel played as minor a role as she did. Not that I have any problem with Brie Larson or the way she portrayed Captain Marvel, it's just that all the other Avengers (and Guardians) had so much more invested in the story, I wanted to see them featured.  And for the most part they were.

I know people have mentioned wanting to see angry Hulk get some revenge on Thanos and that would have been nice, but I really wanted to see Drax get some revenge as well, at least be in the mix of the final battle seen against the Titan.  

Still,  I thought they did a great job with the enormous cast, and I was glad they spent the first 60-90 minutes building the story.  I didn't think the movie was too long at all.

I'm looking forward to seeing it again soon.

They did a good job bringing Captain Marvel into the story. When Thanos’s ship started shooting into the sky, I thought it was Silver Surfer coming in. Was still a cool scene with it being Captain Marvel, but Silver Surfer would have been awesome.

7 minutes ago, texaslong said:

They did a good job bringing Captain Marvel into the story. When Thanos’s ship started shooting into the sky, I thought it was Silver Surfer coming in. Was still a cool scene with it being Captain Marvel, but Silver Surfer would have been awesome.

Captain America would have shit his pants and tried to hide if Silver Surfer showed up. 

18 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Honestly I thought she wasn't overtly necessary to the plot outside of saving Ironman which seemed a bit of a reach. I know they are trying to bridge and introduce another big name as some fade away but it seemed a bit forced.

• Like 1

That's why I half-expected Cap to show up with Nat.  But I guess they weren't feeling it.

I was hoping that he would go back and throw Barry Switzer, Bob Stoops, and bozworth to the soul stone. Or a chicken.
  • Like 2

Honestly I thought she wasn't overtly necessary to the plot outside of saving Ironman which seemed a bit of a reach. I know they are trying to bridge and introduce another big name as some fade away but it seemed a bit forced.

Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Spiderman all feel forced. Paul Rudd stepped up and Ant-Man was better conveyed than in Civil War.

But Spider Man has been a Scrappy-Doo character mixed with Cousin Oliver. Robert Downey did his best, but the character is annoying. That’s partly by design, but he’s a beating.

Captain Marvel’s scene where it’s her turn to take the gauntlet in the final battle scene was also cringeworthy. Even though she just zapped through Thanos’ battleship, she needed help from her girlfriends in the form of every single female character. I know this isn’t Shakespeare, but I didn’t want to be interrupted from the pretend battle with gratuitous, non-sensical, heavy-handed bullshit. I like my political statements in movies embedded, sensible, allegorical, thought-provoking, natural, authentic. Not, Mr T saying “Just Say No” in an A-Team episode.

Didn’t see CM origin movie, but she was mostly unlikeable and out of place in Avengers. Her powers are too strong so they have to put her in timeout and her character is arrogant - which would be OK if it were portrayed as a weakness as it was Thor in his first movie.

If I were to introduce the female Super Man (as CM is akin to as a dominant super) it would be along the lines of Ripley as the reluctant and smart heroine in Alien or as a female Thor, who is powerful but who needs to learn from mistakes made in hubris. So far, she’s unlikeable and uninteresting.

The integration of BP was seamless in Civil War and Infinity War. Character has been excellent in everything. Hopefully, they nail the next one. That’s how you introduce a new hero.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Spiderman all feel forced. Paul Rudd stepped up and Ant-Man was better conveyed than in Civil War.

But Spider Man has been a Scrappy-Doo character mixed with Cousin Oliver. Robert Downey did his best, but the character is annoying. That’s partly by design, but he’s a beating.

Captain Marvel’s scene where it’s her turn to take the gauntlet in the final battle scene was also cringeworthy. Even though she just zapped through Thanos’ battleship, she needed help from her girlfriends in the form of every single female character. I know this isn’t Shakespeare, but I didn’t want to be interrupted from the pretend battle with gratuitous, non-sensical, heavy-handed bullshit. I like my political statements in movies embedded, sensible, allegorical, thought-provoking, natural, authentic. Not, Mr T saying “Just Say No” in an A-Team episode.

Didn’t see CM origin movie, but she was mostly unlikeable and out of place in Avengers. Her powers are too strong so they have to put her in timeout and her character is arrogant - which would be OK if it were portrayed as a weakness as it was Thor in his first movie.

If I were to introduce the female Super Man (as CM is akin to as a dominant super) it would be along the lines of Ripley as the reluctant and smart heroine in Alien or as a female Thor, who is powerful but who needs to learn from mistakes made in hubris. So far, she’s unlikeable and uninteresting.

The integration of BP was seamless in Civil War and Infinity War. Character has been excellent in everything. Hopefully, they nail the next one. That’s how you introduce a new hero.

Wait until in Avengers 4, they'll give her a crisis of confidence and she won't be able to perform, but they'll put her in a Spiderman suit so she can contribute..... then in Avengers 5 they'll give her survivor's guilt and make her fat and drunk, eating bon-bons and having afternoon Manhattan's on the way to two bills as a way of undercutting her powers.

Saw it. Loved it. Ain’t got no time for plot hole nerdsplaining.
It's been mentioned ad nauseum, but any time you watch a time travel movie, you're going to have a bad time if you don't allow a plot hole or two. Watched it a second time last night so the wife could see it, and it held up on the second showing very well. Actually, the scene where Strange gives the nod to Tony that this was the one time hit a little harder.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:20 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Wait until in Avengers 4, they'll give her a crisis of confidence and she won't be able to perform, but they'll put her in a Spiderman suit so she can contribute..... then in Avengers 5 they'll give her survivor's guilt and make her fat and drunk, eating bon-bons and having afternoon Manhattan's on the way to two bills as a way of undercutting her powers.

This was Avengers 4

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 2:45 PM, lockport said:

I'm not super invested in the Marvel movies so I didn't get emotionally connected to this one but I enjoyed it. Star-Lord and Thor's banter on the ship was my favorite scene, looking forward to Guardians 3. 

This is me exactly. Probably why I paid $5 to watch it on a random Tues morning, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, Huckleberry said:

Don't get me wrong, the Marvel movies have been consistently better than the DC ones but it's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.

This is only true if you omit the Nolan Batman trilogy from "DC movies." Those movies were far superior to any of the Marvel movies.

• Like 2

Finally saw it - liked it, solid A-

Iron Man story was great, brutal. The love you 3,000x thing hurt. Dr Strange telling Iron Man it was the only option was good

Hated Captain America story in this one. He needed to die

Thor was so-so for me. That being said, they will kill it if he joins GotG.

Fuck the Spiderman trailer for spoiling the movie like six weeks later. Not everyone has a shit ton of free time.

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Apparently they are re-releasing it with some extras at the end, including a deleted scene.  They must really want to beat Avatar.

The “experts” I follow say they’d have to make up $45 million quickly, and that it won’t happen.  Spider-Man and Toy Story 4 are about to drop (TS4 this weekend, Spidey in two weeks), which is going to restrict the amount of theaters the re-rerelease is in.  And two weeks after Spidey, Lion King drops.  

Somebody had the point that this might get them close to Avatar, but they wondered if it was basically to suck up a lot more theater screens this summer for Disney offerings.   It would also allow Disney to go in a full-on advertising spree for Star Wars.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

4 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Apparently they are re-releasing it with some extras at the end, including a deleted scene.  They must really want to beat Avatar.

That's really all it is.... pretty dumb pandering, because you know Fox will just re-release the original Avatar a few months ahead of the sequel to drum up some interest along with some "deleted scenes" and retake the crown.  smh.

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's really all it is.... pretty dumb pandering, because you know Fox will just re-release the original Avatar a few months ahead of the sequel to drum up some interest along with some "deleted scenes" and retake the crown.  smh.

Disney now owns 20th Century Fox studios and Avatar as of a few months ago.