Lieutenant gov. Dan Patrick

Voldemort86

Oh man, too bad this has real impacts on our state and our lives, cause this soap opera is so damn good. Phelan calls out "Hitler apologists" in the Republican party and calls for Patrick to give back the $3 million...

Mother Fucking Phelan the Phenom from the Top Rope.  

I called Patrick's office about this to talk to his comms/media team.  But they're all off-site preparing for next session.  I pulled their agenda.  Meeting a half day with some pro-family values education PAC on vouchers.  Which is fine, that's a big part of the special session.  But who else is attending the meeting?  You guessed it.  Jonathan Stickland.  Looks like the damage control team is meeting under the perfect guise of "we're just all meeting to talk about session goals for parental freedoms in education, nothing wrong with that."  Damn good cover since those meetings and the subsequent public testimony have been on the books for several days, if not weeks.  

Anybody wanna go stir some shit up?  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Best soap opera ever. I just get the feeling that Phelan is the underdog, but I'm rooting for him.

Yep, these dumbasses are doing this shit in the open or leaving paper trails, so it's going to be a fun Republican civil war as they try and one-up and destroy each other heading into an election season.

3 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So there are 85 Republican members, so you got to think this means Phelan has the backing of at least 60. 

Your serve, Lt. Gov.

On 10/9/2023 at 3:52 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

So there are 85 Republican members, so you got to think this means Phelan has the backing of at least 60. 

Your serve, Lt. Gov.

Yep, I really don't think Patrick and the Senate Republicans realize that this little Republican civil war is not going to go their way.

Fantastic timing as we head into elections next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

I get Dan taking the money before the Senate trial.  And I even get his little slap fight with Dade afterwards.  But man, that's a fucked up choice of wording about the money and Dade and anti-semitism in the wake of such a horrific attack on the Jewish Home State.  I mean, even Ken Paxton was like, "Dude, I take money from Mexico...not from fucking Nazis.  Did you see the execution videos?  At least the cartels can say it wasn't personal, it was just business."  

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol. Is this just the same as giving the money back or even donating it to a Jewish cause? No. No it is not. 

Calling out anti-semitism in the party of MAGA?  Sounds like old Dan doesn't MAGA hard enough.  He should probably be cast out as an apostate.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, yoladu said:

This comes as a poll shows Biden within striking distance of turning Texas blue.

image.png.8c1bf8a202b649a933ac0295bec3410e.png

Yeah, I saw the UT poll that came out that showed Biden within 6 points of Trump!

Oh wait, that's the same margin Trump won by in 2020 before the insurrection, indictments, talking about poisoning the blood of the country...

In other words, ZERO has changed. 

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abortion.

It’s notable that Trump only won by 6 even as Democrats didn’t spend one dime in the state. I think we could move the needle with a sizable investment in voter engagement centered around those most negatively impacted by Republican policies.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Abortion.

Again, Trump won 2020 by six points. After everything, including Roe being overturned, the polling shows him leading by six points. 

Maybe the polling isn't right, but I see nothing to suggest Texas has changed its mind on Trump or Republican officials.

Literally nothing matters to these people, including abortion. Texas ain't turning blue. I gave up that hope when Hillary and Beto got thrashed. The fact that a pathetic sack of shit like Cruz could pull that big of a margin tells me enough. The blue parts of the cities doesn't come close to outweighing the rural hicks who don't care even a little bit about the issues, just Hunters dong and lib tears. Fox News and their even further right cousin networks have made politics a spectator sport. Their team is dominating and they get all tingly every time a poor lib gets slaughtered at the polls. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...