David Pierce Makes Me Big Sad

Yama Yak Yachtzi

Lack of leadership from veteran players this season is a Joke!!  Crazy that the injuries to Hamilton and DJ would be so devastating.  Pierce better recruit like hell for 2020 Season.....

Get a Real, Damn 1st Baseman and better defensive catcher..... don't expect Peters to be your starting catcher!!

4 hours ago, 2005 said:

If they lose the series they're out of regional projections. If they win 2 of 3 they stay in. And probably they'll feel good about themselves again.

Odds aren’t looking good at the moment. 

As I type that, Hibbeler makes yet another error. We’re soooooo bad. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

2 hours ago, 66BUFF said:

No.  Think Perrin hired him.

Correct.  And the stench of Patterson was still all over the AD.  Rumor had it that we were turned down by many choices.

I dunno.  One season of expected shit.  One season of unexpected excellence.  One season of mostly unexpected shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Correct.  And the stench of Patterson was still all over the AD.  Rumor had it that we were turned down by many choices.

I dunno.  One season of expected shit.  One season of unexpected excellence.  One season of mostly unexpected shit.

turned down by the Florida coach after he used Texas to finally get the leverage for facilities improvements he had long been promised, but that were never delivered

turned down by the Louisville coach as well I believe

there were several issues the California coaching feeder system did not have any proven coaches in it they were all in their first or second year or they sucked.....proven coaches were entrenched and paid well and doing well with their program

i think the stink of patterson himself was gone, but it was pretty obvious and well known that Perrin was a temp fix and his time was limited and while he was doing a good job managing a shit show there were probably a lot of questions by coaches at places like Florida or Louisville about who would replace Perrin and when and if Texas had fucked up so badly with patterson could they make another major fuck up like that again and if they did how long would they stick with him to not have yet more turnover

I am sure all the other known shit with plodsky and the other dykes fucking things up did not help because who knows if one of those cunts gets the job or if Texas fucks up and hires another patterson and then shit cans him you know the strap on crew would be taking over

looking back it would be easy to say that keeping Augie one more year would have been best, but I think Texas was looking to clear out the big name coaches that had to go before a new AD came in and had to do so

plus shit the NCAAs first year and CWS last year is not a terrible start and God Bless Augie, but he did not leave a solid program behind and heart and will and playing for your deceased coach that recruited you can only take you so far...well took you to a CWS

this is not a deep team and a team with little identity and in college baseball that can change pretty quickly and I think one down year is not time to panic especially when this coaches teams seem to light up in post season to a degree.....just need to get there though

Edited by ButtFumble
  • Like 1

This team is three players away from being a decent team.  Catcher, SS, and closer.  Those are biggies.  We will be improved in 2 of the 3 next year.  It’s hard to imagine the closer position being any worse.  My main concern is fundamentals and decision making. Those fall squarely on the staff.  They represent a ceiling on the program that wasn’t there with the previous coach.  Tough deal. 

12 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Tonights game is one of the absolute most atrocious pieces of shit ive ever seen

DAMN.... Thru 7 innings, 5 of 6 runners who have scored tonight for Krusty Krab Aggy got on base on a walk.

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

Perrin should have never been allowed to make any hires or give extensions. He really fumbled 67% of the time, though I'm not sure how much say he had in Herman. That was probably made above his pay grade.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Perrin should have never been allowed to make any hires or give extensions. He really fumbled 67% of the time, though I'm not sure how much say he had in Herman. That was probably made above his pay grade.

Not too worried because this season made expectations clear to Pierce. If he does not produce next year Perrin and his friends will be writing checks for the transition. Perrin is 1st class.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:27 AM, ButtFumble said:

Looking back it would be easy to say that keeping Augie one more year would have been best, but I think Texas was looking to clear out the big name coaches that had to go before a new AD came in and had to do so.  Plus shit the NCAAs first year and CWS last year is not a terrible start and God Bless Augie, but he did not leave a solid program behind and heart and will and playing for your deceased coach that recruited you can only take you so far...well took you to a CWS. This is not a deep team and a team with little identity and in college baseball that can change pretty quickly and I think one down year is not time to panic especially when this coaches teams seem to light up in post season to a degree.....just need to get there though

in summer of 2016, Pierce  signed a 6 year Contract for $4.75mill ($790k/yr) so after the 2020 season he'll only have 2 years left.  

so he is going to have a 6th, and 1st(thanks Kody), and a last.  can we please move on?   I don't care if he might be a good coach someday move on for christ sakes. why would we give the TULANE head coach a 6 year contract?  

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Fire. His. Ass. Don't mess around CDC. 

see the texas baseball thread.  he already called his shot. we will probably have him here for 2 more years.  will need to fire Shaka next year and then Pierce the year after that.

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

see the texas baseball thread.  he already called his shot. we will probably have him here for 2 more years.  will need to fire Shaka next year and then Pierce the year after that.

... implying it’s a cash flow issue.  But if he has a similar year next year seems like he has to find a way to move on.  

• immamac changed the title to David Pierce Makes Me Big Sad