[Surly Official Firing Squad] Get David Pierce The Fuck Outta Here

Yama Yak Yachtzi

5 hours ago, petscii said:

He lost me Tuesday night.  

Handicapping the coaching possibilities is interesting.

I wasn't suggesting it should stop, just that I'll watch and not participate.

Feels a lot like the start of late era Barnes.  he's had 1 bad year, 1 not good year, 1 meh year, 1 good year and 3 CWS appearances. this year is looking to be in the not good or even bad pile.

The issue is he's going the wrong way at the absolute wrong time and the ship could sink.  he chose to be the pitching coach and it is a decision he will have to live with.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/8/2024 at 7:16 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

My top 3 Candidates would be:

Erik Bakich - Clemson
Mitch Canham - Oregon St
Tom Walter - Wake

A couple of guys I'd kick tires on:

Rob Vaughn - Bama
Cliff Godwin - ECU

what’s their track record with the portal ?

Fuck this shit. Too much chaos in the system. No fucking way Texas’ season should be seemingly teetering on a knife’s edge for three straight years. He is the only constant. Unanimous preseason #1 to needing a heroic comeback just to make it to game three on the road in Supers. Relying on sparsely-used vets having exceptional seasons out of the blue when they weren’t even being counted on to be regular contributors when the season began, while the guys expected to be reliable contributors regress at stupefying levels. At some point, banking on good fortune late starts to look like complete incompetence. Poor pitching, bad defense, horrible execution. If you can’t beat the teams you are supposed to beat at home, you are absolutely fucked in the SEC. It’s over. Time for a change.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, SamMan said:

Fuck this shit. Too much chaos in the system. No fucking way Texas’ season should be seemingly teetering on a knife’s edge for three straight years. He is the only constant. Unanimous preseason #1 to needing a heroic comeback just to make it to game three on the road in Supers. Relying on sparsely-used vets having exceptional seasons out of the blue when they weren’t even being counted on to be regular contributors when the season began, while the guys expected to be reliable contributors regress at stupefying levels. At some point, banking on good fortune late starts to look like complete incompetence. Poor pitching, bad defense, horrible execution. If you can’t beat the teams you are supposed to beat at home, you are absolutely fucked in the SEC. It’s over. Time for a change.

Im fucked up and idk who the fuck this guy is but I think he's hitting the nail on the head.

Dude needs to go.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, dcar00 said:

he chose to be the pitching coach and it is a decision he will have to live with.

If the AD runs his ass out of here, this is what will sink him.  He has no scapegoat, no pitching coach to fire to save his own ass.  He made the very poor decision to put the noose around his own neck.

20 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If we get to a regional, it buys him another season imo

18 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its not, but it buys him another year with a short leash

Herman beating Utah solidly in the Alamo Bowl didn’t save him…….  

Just getting to a regional as a 4th seed is not our standard.    We except to not only host a regional, but the super the following weekend.    That is why the majority of the State High School baseball tourney is no longer played at the Disch.   

• Hook 'Em 1