2018 ATP/WTA thread

spystud13

Look at is this way... If Josh Gordon or Greg Hardy had completed their probation on a certain day, would anyone really know? Of course not. If they had gotten re-arrested that day, would every single sports site on this planet lead with that? Of course they would. This dude was paroled in March, his name was ONLY brought back up when he was re-arrested. Serena either read a bad headline, or was fed some bad info. That dude could not possibly been in a better place than the jail cell he was in. Terrible, terrible reporting screwed this whole thing up. 

1 hour ago, Bodowned said:

I've missed that Wawrinka backhand. 

When I saw Wawrinka vs Delpo in the US Open a couple of years ago, Stan's backhand was just vicious. 

Delpo could hang with the serves & the forehand but when Stan got lined up to crush a backhand, Delpo really couldn't do much to defend it. I said then (that was the quarterfinals I believe) that if Stan had that backhand for the next two matches that he'd win the title. And he did... and he did.

I have an incredibly hard time believing Fed can challenge at the USO at this point. Cinci courts suit his game so much more and he's been struggling with his ground game and ROS so much. He's relied entirely on his serve to get through his service games...shanking so many balls once he gets into a rally.

2 hours ago, Bodowned said:

I have an incredibly hard time believing Fed can challenge at the USO at this point. Cinci courts suit his game so much more and he's been struggling with his ground game and ROS so much. He's relied entirely on his serve to get through his service games...shanking so many balls once he gets into a rally.

Federer doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell at NYC. His projected draw is: Wawrinka, Murray, Kyrgios, Tsitsipas, Djokovic, Del Potro, Nadal. His age has definitely caught up with him.

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

Federer's year has seemingly gone off the rails since his brutal choke at Indian Wells. Ugh.

Wat?

He's ranked #2 and won Stuttgart and made the finals at Cincy. Sure he's not OMG DOMINANT BEST EVAH Federer but he's still top 5 even at his age. I think it's more the top players are getting healthy again - remember he wasn't winning much when Djokovic, Wawrinka, Nadal, and Murray were all healthy. The same guys that were beating him before his recent run weren't around due to injuries. Now that they are back they are beating him again. 

1 hour ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Tennis channel is airing the US Open qualifying rounds live this week. Bouchard just mauled her first round opponent 0,1. I only caught the end of the match but the entire match only lasted 54 minutes

Just watched this 18 year-old hottie defeat some 22 year-old American girl who look like she'd peed in her pants, but has inspiringly already overcome cancer.

zhuk5.jpg

Gotta love Russian tennis players...

01.jpg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

Just watched this 18 year-old hottie defeat some 22 year-old American girl who look like she'd peed in her pants, but has inspiringly already overcome cancer.

zhuk5.jpg

Gotta love Russian tennis players...

01.jpg

I don't think the Russians allow ugly girls to own tennis racquets. It's strictly enforced.

Just saw the draw comes out this afternoon. Need to see how it shakes out but am leaning towards picking and betting on Djokovic winning on men's side and Halep for the women. Probably square though. Again a lot depends on the draw, but i see Roger prime for an upset here. He hasn't won it since 2008 and has only been in the finals since losing twice. Hope i'm wrong though. 

I watched a Hungarian tennis player lose in the second round of qualifiers earlier today, but even though she lost, I felt like I had won just for watching her move around the court. I have a new Top 5 favorite women's tennis player.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-23_at_4.18.27_PM.png

Fanny_Stollar_jumping_rope.jpg

Fanny_Stollar_red_carpet.jpg

Fanny_Stollar_puffy_jacket.jpg

Here's wishing that everyone has a Slav-ly day.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Genie is playing in fucking Hiroshima this week instead of Quebec. Who in the flying fuck advises this girl? She just lost in R1 of a Chicago Challenger the other day, so it’s not like she wasn’t already on the continent. 

That's just sad. Is she fucking broke or what. I get trying to climb the challengers for points, but doesn't look like she's actually accomplishing shit at any of these low level events.