2018 ATP/WTA thread

spystud13

On 9/26/2018 at 1:13 PM, spystud13 said:

The entire top 15 are out of Wuhan before the QFs, that's pretty crazy. 

http://wtafiles.wtatennis.com/pdf/draws/2018/1075/MDS.pdf

This is an interesting time of year. Lots of the top players who played heavy schedules are fatigued or maybe injured.

Reminds me of last year when Jack Sock ran through a super-weak field to win the Paris Masters.

Edited by satyanash

Remember that Svitolina pic from above? She was up 6-0, 4-1 today & lost. 

There’s not a lot of secrets. I know how other players play – I don’t pay that much attention, but obvious things are obvious of course,” she told Tennismash at the China Open.

“I think also physically she looks different, she lost a lot of weight. And definitely from what I could observe she’s not physically at her best. You can see also with the points and when I try to open her up, she’s definitely one step far from the ball.

“So of course I’m aware of it, I see the way she looks, so I see that she’s not as fit as last year.

“So I mean you can talk about things, or you don’t talk about these things. But some things are obvious and of course we see each other every week, so it’s inevitable for us to see some changes and hear what’s going on.”

- Aleksandra Krunic on Elina Svitolina

That is not good. 

Do you really give a shit about this exhibition? This is like the Hopman Cup & that dumbass fail in fucking India. 
Not only did I care, but I bought expensive seats and flew to Chicago for all three days. It was extremely worth it. Almost every match went to sudden death it was so exciting. Already thinking about going to Geneva next year and making some plans with new friends I made at this one.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On 10/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, satyanash said:

DelPo is out of Shanghai, retired with a knee injury. 

More bad luck. 

Juan Martin del Potro has fractured his right patella bone in what the Argentine called "a hard blow that leaves me without strength."

Del Potro retired Thursday against Borna Coric at the Shanghai Masters after injuring his knee. Third-seeded Del Potro fell near the end of the first set. The U.S. Open finalist had the knee wrapped but called it quits after losing the first set 7-5.

Tests on Saturday showed the fracture, Del Potro's spokesman Jorge Viale tweeted Sunday.

"In the coming days, the doctors will evaluate the recovery process needed to return," Viale said.