2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets

BigOrange1

2nd Round: Warriors vs. Rockets  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/19 at 07:45 PM

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think it's pretty clear he's talking about the Warriors.

This quote was done by Omar and speaking about himself, not someone else. So it would have been better worded "You go", not come, which is referencing yourself. This would have made much more sense if someone from the Warriors said this, not someone from the choke artist Rockets.

So pretty pointless quote for him to reference and his team missed and missed badly. They won as many games as the shitty Clippers.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This quote was done by Omar and speaking about himself, not someone else. So it would have been better worded "You go", not come, which is referencing yourself. This would have made much more sense if someone from the Warriors said this, not someone from the choke artist Rockets.

So pretty pointless quote for him to reference and his team missed and missed badly. They won as many games as the shitty Clippers.

Yea it’s pretty obvious that he’s just saying that they missed.

6 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Another bitch move by CP3 that didn't work out: 

On the eve of Friday's Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, (Steph) Curry wanted to get some shots up at the Toyota Center. The Warriors do-it-all manager Eric Housen booked the court, from 7 to 8 p.m., so Curry could work on his shot. 

Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to the Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry's reservations. The Warriors' point guard offered to stick to half a court but Paul wasn't having it. Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-paul-kicked-steph-curry-084258772.html

Here is Curry after the game, you can hear him say "kick me off the court again, boy"

And Green yells out "Kick him off!!! Kick him off!!! C'mon"

lol

For this to be a UT board the level of knocking KD is wild as fuck.

Dude was stuck in Oklahoma for years, a team and place most people here hate. That team blew a lead and lost to Golden State. He then tucked tail and headed to Oakland to join a team that just needed him for Lebron. He’s a bit thin-skinned.

He’s a great player and UT alum, but I lost some respect for him when he made that move and I understand why others feel the same way. I also understand why others feel the opposite.

Rockets' fans, is your new owner as big of a toolbag as he sounds?
"I'm a fighter," said Fertitta, who has owned the franchise for two seasons. "That's my culture, and I think the longer that I own this team, they're going to pick up more of my culture. We had [the Warriors]. We should have stepped on their throat the other night and cut their throat. It's not, 'Let's make a few shots and win.' It's step on their throat and let's take it back to Houston and end it in six. We'll pick up a few Tilman-isms along the way in the next few years."
I know he had Morey make some savvy moves to duck below the luxury tax and didn't use Houston's MLE this season (the post-deadline waiver line was slim pickings), but any cause for concern?

Fuck, what an asshole!

I'm not sure I know of any NBA billionaire owner that isn't a weird, narcissistic douche that believes he's a winner and can get it done. I mean can anyone name a successful business man that doesn't think he can turn something around? What would you like him to say? "nah we suck and won't ever win". He has fans that he needs at games so of course he gonna sell the fanbase they will win with Harden. I personally don't think we ever will but I at least get what he's trying to do.

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I'm not sure I know of any NBA billionaire owner that isn't a weird, narcissistic douche that believes he's a winner and can get it done. I mean can anyone name a successful business man that doesn't think he can turn something around? What would you like him to say? "nah we suck and won't ever win". He has fans that he needs at games so of course he gonna sell the fanbase they will win with Harden. I personally don't think we ever will but I at least get what he's trying to do.

I was honestly asking if you guys are worried about him as a decision maker? i.e. is he going to cheap out? He's made comments about not paying the luxury tax unless it's for a clear championship contender on top of the other things that I mentioned. But I know nothing more than that.

The weird, creepy, narcissistic vibe doesn't bother me much; you're right, a lot (most) of the owners are fucking goobers.

15 hours ago, ajax said:

Here is Curry after the game, you can hear him say "kick me off the court again, boy"

And Green yells out "Kick him off!!! Kick him off!!! C'mon"

lol

lulz.

the camera panning to harden & cp3 after the game ended was epic. Especially CP3. we knew harden was a softie as he didn't congratulate any of the W's and walked off instantly...but CP3s face was embarrassed because he knew we were all going to hear about this court story. fuck him, glad he'll likely never sniff the finals, especially at his declining age and play. Fucking hack

^^^^
He's not wrong though

He’s delusional. They drew the world champs and were the 4 seed. They are who they are and lost where they were supposed to have lost.

His culture is to acquire assets and put the corporate stamp on it. This is an old club, acquired outside of the draft that has leveraged it’s future. They’re not developing players.

Their offense is centered around isolation basketball that great teams can handle. Their superstar player is flawed, worn down. Their support players are past their primes or never had one.

Fertitta and Morey have done as much as they’ve could, but they can only influence the games and mettle of NBA veterans, who they always try to acquire on the cheap.

I can only imagine what PJ Tucker thought when he read this quote. Dude balled out but could be on the Rockets scrap-heap at any time, because a hallmark of Fertitta’s culture is to win by acquisition.

Morey has had a chance for 12 years . I'll give him some slack because he has to face the Warriors in the playoffs every year, but it's still his job to build a team and playoff system to beat them. His days should be numbered. He's had some great players in the past, but he seems intent on trading them away for assets.

D'antoni is looking to be what he was in Phoenix -  a hall of fame regular season coach. His teams are too soft in the playoffs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
So first you say it isn't "just a calf injury".
Then when it is reported as "just a calf injury" you change stance from "well it's not just a mild calf injury". 
What incentive exactly does the Warriors staff have to lie about an injury to a player that you can't game plan for anyway?

So you still thinking this is a mild calf injury or what?

Lulz