Found an Old Pack of Cigarettes, Should I Smoke Them?

Mrs. Canecutter spotted cigarettes up near the ceiling of our garage, that must have been left there when workmen rebuilt the wall about 4 years ago. There was also a small lighter, and it works.

So it seems like a waste to just throw them away. It is a Marlboro Gold Pack. There are 4 perfectly good cigarettes still inside it, sure, turning kind of brown, but otherwise look just fine.

So I turn to the Wisdom of the Surl.

Should I smoke them? (I don't smoke)

Save the tobacco to apply to bee stings? (bees don't sting me)

Sell to schoolchildren? (not sure kids carry cash nowadays)

Trade to Billy Yank for coffee? (coffee is one block away at grocery store)

Should I go inside No Smoking zones with an unlit one in my hands, like, next to a gas pump, and act like I'm about to light it, but don't?

Your thoughts, please.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

More than likely the workers peed on them and then left them for you to find. So sure, go ahead and smoke them.

Speaking of pee.

My grandfather was a miner.  He would venture down into the ground each day and whilst he was working, he would chew plug tobacco.  There was a coworker that constantly bummed a chew from him, and my grandfather would oblige.

One day, however, my grandfather had enough.  As the fellow miner came around, my grandfather said sure, then pulled the plug out of his overalls.  He then said hold up, turned around and took a piss on what was left of his plug.  He then handed it over to the coworker and exclaimed "that's how I keep it moist".

Coworker never ever bummed a chew from him again.

12 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Speaking of pee.

My grandfather was a miner.  He would venture down into the ground each day and whilst he was working, he would chew plug tobacco.  There was a coworker that constantly bummed a chew from him, and my grandfather would oblige.

One day, however, my grandfather had enough.  As the fellow miner came around, my grandfather said sure, then pulled the plug out of his overalls.  He then said hold up, turned around and took a piss on what was left of his plug.  He then handed it over to the coworker and exclaimed "that's how I keep it moist".

Coworker never ever bummed a chew from him again.

Bigdaddy Canecutter back in the 1920s was sitting in a train station, waiting to go to some factory job in Birmingham that probably resembled a pit of Hell.

Rich Man comes up and asks for a chaw of tobacco. Bigdaddy gives him one. They get to talking, and Rich Man is looking for somebody to supervise a building project at a college in Montgomery. "Well hell I can do that" says Bigdaddy, and I guess he could, because that building is still standing and so are the others they built there until he died 40 years later, steadily employed at what might as well have been his own private fief.

• 2 weeks later...

Four year old cigarettes?

How about 35 year old cigarettes? They're still sealed. Should be good, right?

Resized-20190509-122228.jpg

Resized-20190509-122308.jpg

My GF was born and raised in New Orleans. She went back to attend her nephew's graduation from LSU this weekend. Her mom found these while going through some old stuff. These were given out for free at the 1984 World's Fair. 

• Like 2