The Rockets officially taking on the referees

Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Phil Jackson had his analytics people pore over film of the previous year's playoff series, cited every specific missed call by the officials, assigned a point value to said missed calls, and accused the officials of purposely giving his opponents favorable treatment? All the time? I must have missed that. 

You're not sucking me into this pseudo autism shit you pull with other people on here, dude. This has been discussed in 2 different threads. Play obtuse all you want. 

Sell crazy some place else. We're all stocked up here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Smax said:

Agree but shouldn't the refs call the same game in the playoffs they've called for the past 6 months?

No.

NFL is called differently in the POs.

Hockey damned sure is.

Baseball is different every fucking night.

pros adjust.  Bitches cry.

Edited by slorch

57 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

damn. i haven't been able to watch hardly any playoff ball at all, and didn't see any of this game. it looks like the Rockets may have had a legit beef in the first half, but then did themselves no favors with their soccer-style theatrics in the second half. still, pretty ballsy of the Rockets to straight come out and put the league on blast like this during a playoff series. I don't recall having seen that before. 

This is what I mean. Harden and Paul flop so fucking much it has to be really difficult for the officials to know in real time which way to call it. There were definitely some legit fouls that went uncalled, but when you butter your bread by jumping into defenders every other play, you can't expect all the calls to go your way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

You're not sucking me into this pseudo autism shit you pull with other people on here, dude. This has been discussed in 2 different threads. Play obtuse all you want. 

Sell crazy some place else. We're all stocked up here. 

Lmao pseudo autism 💀

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's like this team, Warriors, is being coached to land under their opponents's feet.

ou was the 1st team I remember doing this shit as part of their defensive strategy and they were never called for it, it was while Sampson was there.

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

This is what I mean. Harden and Paul flop so fucking much it has to be really difficult for the officials to know in real time which way to call it. There were definitely some legit fouls that went uncalled, but when you butter your bread by jumping into defenders every other play, you can't expect all the calls to go your way.

I mentioned that in the other thread. I fucking hate basketball officiating and think it’s piss poor/inconsistent in general. But this has to be the most difficult series to officiate of all time, and I’m not just talking Harden. When you have Draymond, CP3, KD, and Kerr chirping at you all series (not just random ass guys, but dudes with some serious clout who have a masters degree at chirping at officials)...on top of having to play the Harden “should I call it or not” game. They’re really in a no win situation this series. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

So? This feud with Foster and the Rockets goes back kinda far. There are other playoff series being played. Why would they assign him to any games from this series?

Bad look, made worse by all the game 1 stuff.

Edited by Pam Cummings

8 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So? This feud with Foster and the Rockets goes back kinda far. There are other playoff series being played. Why would they assign him to any games from this series?

Because you don't want the world to think that one whiny team is running the league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because you don't want the world to think that one whiny team is running the league.

are the ref selections some set schedule done beforehand?  because not having him ref the game when there are plenty of other game wouldn't really have raised an eyebrow, but having him ref right after the complaint looks like punishment.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

are the ref selections some set schedule done beforehand?  because not having him ref the game when there are plenty of other game wouldn't really have raised an eyebrow, but having him ref right after the complaint looks like punishment.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, but scroll up to post 66.

48 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Because the Rockets threw a hissy fit and leaked their white paper--and because they think Foster is a big meanie--the NBA should cave and deviate from standard operating procedure? Fuck that.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Because the Rockets threw a hissy fit and leaked their white paper--and because they think Foster is a big meanie--the NBA should cave and deviate from standard operating procedure? Fuck that.

Scott Foster is a shit official, who should not come close to any NBA playoff game.

5 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Rockets are so fucking aggy.

Absolutely. The second they face any adversity, they cry that the refs are against them and its rigged. But they get the benefit of shit tons of calls and no calls every single game with Paul and Harden. They never lose because they simply didn't play well enough, it's always big bad refs and the league hates them.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Scott Foster is a shit official, who should not come close to any NBA playoff game.

And that's an entirely different argument. One that probably has some merit. But as far as whether the NBA should change preexisting assignments to accommodate a complaining team just for the sake of perception, the answer is obvious.

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Because the Rockets shouldn’t get to dictate who their officials are.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol man I really wanted to believe Silver just took the rockets report, pissed on it, and said “you get Scott foster for every game the rest of this series. Come at me sideways again and see what happens”

That's what David Stern would have done, so...

41 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

With all their crying, you'd think they'd be #1 by a large margin. 

Unless I’m missing something, there is a massive flaw in that graph - the number of games being accounted for by team. 

Rockets won 65 games that season and had the #1 offense and #7 defense.  Just a hunch, that might skew this data a wee bit. 

Im confused as to why someone at 538 wasted their time making this. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Unless I’m missing something, there is a massive flaw in that graph - the number of games being accounted for by team. 

Rockets won 65 games that season and had the #1 offense and #7 defense.  Just a hunch, that might skew this data a wee bit. 

Im confused as to why someone at 538 wasted their time making this. 

That graph means absolutely nothing. Out of the 82 games they played that year, only 8(5-3) were decided by 3 points or less. They played in 31(28-3) games decided by 14+ points.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, texaslong said:

This. Harden is the biggest recipient in the NBA for phantom calls. He makes it part of his game. The fact that he isn’t getting a couple of calls now is hilarious. 

I understand this take.  James is good at drawing fouls and making sure the borderline ones go his way.  It must be frustrating to watch as a fan of the other team.

That said, if you think Rockets fans are bitching about him not getting "a couple of calls," you're missing the point.

The Warriors fouled every three point shooter they could get to.  It was only Harden a couple of times, but they did it to CP3, Gordon, etc, too.

It is a foul if your body hits the shooter's body and/or if you land under his feet as they land.  It's been a consistent point of emphasis for the NBA all year.  Part of the reason for this focus is that the Warriors knocked Kawhi Leonard out of a playoff series with that shit.  I'm not saying they're dirty, but they create situations where a shooter has a higher chance of rolling an ankle.  That's why it's a fucking rule.

And that shit happened at least eight times in game 1 and wasn't called once.  A rule was completely ignored to one team's benefit.  If you don't think we should be salty about that, your opinion is objectively wrong.  

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

That graph means absolutely nothing. Out of the 82 games they played that year, only 8 were decided by 3 points or less. They played in 31 games decided by 14+ points.

But but but it fits the mavs and spurs fans narrative that they don't whine about any refs ever. It's rich coming from any mavs fan, their owner is the president and runs the university of whining about officals. They only forget because they haven't done shit in the playoffs since 2011 so they easily forget the tin foil hats they were wearing.

Secondly it's not even about a conspiracy for me it was about the way refs change the way the game is called every game. They all have their own interpretation of a rule and that's not supposed to be how a game is called, they need to be on the same page so the individual refs "personality" doesn't get to determine a game. What's that douche ref that tossed Tim Duncan out for laughing? that shit still goes on and a guy like foster holds grudges and is a shitty ref. 

Just now, TexArcher said:

I understand this take.  James is good at drawing fouls and making sure the borderline ones go his way.  It must be frustrating to watch as a fan of the other team.

That said, if you think Rockets fans are bitching about him not getting "a couple of calls," you're missing the point.

The Warriors fouled every three point shooter they could get to.  It was only Harden a couple of times, but they did it to CP3, Gordon, etc, too.

It is a foul if your body hits the shooter's body and/or if you land under his feet as they land.  It's been a consistent point of emphasis for the NBA all year.  Part of the reason for this focus is that the Warriors knocked Kawhi Leonard out of a playoff series with that shit.  I'm not saying they're dirty, but they create situations where a shooter has a higher chance of rolling an ankle.  That's why it's a fucking rule.

And that shit happened at least eight times in game 1 and wasn't called once.  If you don't think we should be salty about that, your opinion is objectively wrong.

mavs fan<Nah man you're just crying and bitching there weren't any missed calls>Spurs/okc fan

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

If you're GS you like it b/c it def affects JH's shots. He's gonna try to draw the foul anyway, so why not make him uncomfortable doing it.

If you're Harden, you know that GS is gonna be near you when you land, so you have to do something to protect your ankles (kicking legs out towards defender).

::popcorn::