These Badasses Right Here

PatrickMcHorn

I went to Buddy’s place one time with a half handle of Crown Royal. I got annhialated with another surlyer and talked to a bunch of unique lunatics from around the area. It’s an amazing place for BYOL and getting the “set ups” That aren’t even real coke. It was HEB cola that was way to expensive just to add to the crown. I fucking love that place. It’s phenomenal. I take chicks there if I really want to know what they’re made of. Fuck this, I think I’m going to go right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I went to Buddy’s place one time with a half handle of Crown Royal. I got annhialated with another surlyer and talked to a bunch of unique lunatics from around the area. It’s an amazing place for BYOL and getting the “set ups” That aren’t even real coke. It was HEB cola that was way to expensive just to add to the crown. I fucking love that place. It’s phenomenal. I take chicks there if I really want to know what they’re made of. Fuck this, I think I’m going to go right now.

Missed you by a coupe hours,  friend.   Have fun 

• 1 year later...

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190814/i-was-19-years-old-when-i-cycled-up-to-the-german-officer-and-put-two-bullets-in-his-head?fbclid=IwAR1cRCYMxxtTS8X1yIYh6_yuui_VqC5nkdtJuRkYPDPqCTJPs799VuBPi_E

French girl fucks up Nazi fucks.

"It happened all very quickly," she told AFP. "I didn't want to shoot him in the back... I wanted him to see me, so he would have time to get his weapon out.

"He turned and I put two bullets in his head. He dropped like a stone. He didn't suffer. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

I’ll nominate my paternal great grandfather.  He was a champion skeet and trap shooter, who sadly had to sell most of his prize guns to pay for medical treatment as his health was failing.  To wit, I’ll post this story as it’s the reason I cherish my field-grade, beat up Remington pump 12:

Grandfather is shipping off to war, repairing radios on B25s in Corsica.  He is enjoying his final gigs as a saxophone player in a jazz band, spending his last days with his new wife before heading off to Europe.  He  tells his dad to take care of his sax for him.  

Upon returning my great grandfather hands my grandad a brand new Remington 31 12 gauge, saying ‘a married man has no business playing clubs late at night, I sold that saxophone and bought this shotgun...get to work’.  

Its not choked for skeet and has a super tight pattern, but damned if I don’t love taking that thing out for sport clay, grinning the whole time.  That ones staying in the family.  

• Like 4

On 8/17/2019 at 8:08 AM, Parliament said:

https://www.thelocal.fr/20190814/i-was-19-years-old-when-i-cycled-up-to-the-german-officer-and-put-two-bullets-in-his-head?fbclid=IwAR1cRCYMxxtTS8X1yIYh6_yuui_VqC5nkdtJuRkYPDPqCTJPs799VuBPi_E

French girl fucks up Nazi fucks.

"It happened all very quickly," she told AFP. "I didn't want to shoot him in the back... I wanted him to see me, so he would have time to get his weapon out.

"He turned and I put two bullets in his head. He dropped like a stone. He didn't suffer. 

she rode her bike up to a german soldier taking a stroll and shot him in the head?  nothing remotely heroic about that. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

she rode her bike up to a german soldier taking a stroll and shot him in the head?  nothing remotely heroic about that. 

Shooting a Nazi officer in France during 1944 is heroic.  Every human who even wounded a Nazi anywhere in Europe is a hero.  

I won't quibble as to whether it was "heroic" or not.  (It is.)  But it was most definitely badass, and this thread is for "These Badasses Right Here."

And how about another he...badass:

http://www.conscript-heroes.com/Art13-Johnny-Hopper-960.html

During those years Hopper discovered that he had another calling: he was a killer. For two years before he was caught he roamed the roads of German-occupied Normandy and the streets of German-occupied Paris, committing acts of armed robbery, arson, forgery and murder. He derailed trains, he blew up oil and ammunition depots, he assassinated French policemen and German Army officers, he shot his way out of ambushes laid for him by the Gestapo and the Sicherheitsdienst and the French Gendarmerie.

Once a friend asked him, as they hid in a hedge by a roadside in Normandy, "Look, Johnny, suppose the Shleuhs (a Moroccan tribe, a French slang name for Germans) win this bloody war. What will we do then?" "We'll go on doing then what we are doing now," said Hopper, and pressed down a plunger to set off a mine that blew up a German staff car imprudently keeping to its strict daily schedule.

I learned a great deal the first time I ever shot a man, a French policeman named Bernard. He had stopped my car and ordered me to drive him to police headquarters, and when he saw that I was heading for open country, he pulled out his gun. I was quicker, I shot him in the head. It was a small gun, a 7-millimetre, and it only wounded him. I dropped him off at a hospital with a word of advice about keeping his month shut."

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

he was just a dude taking a stroll on a bridge.  she’s a murderer, if the story is even true. 

I blame myself for engaging someone who requires as much attention as you.  But even to stretch reality far enough to take you seriously, are you aware of the atrocities it required for Germany to get to the point where a Nazi officer could "take a stroll" in a country they seized and occupied?  Because while I know that you're basically just a spoiled schoolgirl who gets uncomfortable when a subject strays too far from being about you, I also truly believe that you might be this ignorant.  The goal of the French Resistance:  dead Nazis.  Mission accomplished.  Hero.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I blame myself for engaging someone who requires as much attention as you.  But even to stretch reality far enough to take you seriously, are you aware of the atrocities it required for Germany to get to the point where a Nazi officer could "take a stroll" in a country they seized and occupied?  Because while I know that you're basically just a spoiled schoolgirl who gets uncomfortable when a subject strays too far from being about you, I also truly believe that you might be this ignorant.  The goal of the French Resistance:  dead Nazis.  Mission accomplished.  murderer.

fify

• Haha 1

I’ll nominate two. My a Grandfather for being a crew chief in India and Burma during WW2 and then re-enlisting and retiring a Major in the Army. He’s 98 now and wears his hat every single day.

135fb3c2367450dc1e927d2a891e8fd6.jpg

2abd2680f9f5a95bd5cefb2c7f2d3801.jpg

And then I’ll nominate my father who was KIA in Vietnam. He was a helicopter pilot.

616e11b3ad1a0404b1e6abd4b6a76ecd.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I’ll nominate two. My a Grandfather for being a crew chief in India and Burma during WW2 and then re-enlisting and retiring a Major in the Army. He’s 98 now and wears his hat every single day.

135fb3c2367450dc1e927d2a891e8fd6.jpg

2abd2680f9f5a95bd5cefb2c7f2d3801.jpg

And then I’ll nominate my father who was KIA in Vietnam. He was a helicopter pilot.

616e11b3ad1a0404b1e6abd4b6a76ecd.jpg

your dad looks like he was a tough sob.  how old were you when he passed?

• Like 1

At 15 my father lied to enlist. He went in, joined the airborne and first deployment was to Lebanon when we ran our first peacekeeping operation in the late 50's. He got out, hated civilian life (window cleaner in NY. Not scared of heights) and reenlisted. 5 full combat tours in Vietnam, including 2 as a MACVSOG advisor, 2 in other areas of SE Asia, and retired as a LTC and number 2 in 5th SFG. 

Last Christmas my present was him including me on his email banter with is buddies from Vietnam and SF years. The shit they did we will never hear about. If I see something I think the group will like I will pass it on. 

• Like 1

Step grandfather served as a mechanic in the Army during WWII. Supported efforts through the fall of Berlin.  I have some super badass photos from a German camera they 'liberated' with photos of full military parade at Nuremburg Stadium with the Nazi flags and airships and all sorts of badass shit.  It also has a bunch of American GIs swimming at a pool in England with a bunch of English lasses...   Then he worked 40+ years for Denver Fire Department.  Taught me to be resourceful.  A man's man.  Take care of the women and then have a cold beer and watch the sport of your choice at your leisure.  Was a financial task master, most likely as a result of the Depression.  Taught me fiscal responsibility, in the sense that he was a Ramseyan way the fuck before I ever heard of Dave Ramsey.

Other grandfather never served in the military but was extremely self-disciplined.  He was the first gentleman I ever met. He taught me what a husband should be, and how a wife should be treated. He too believed in financial responsibility and taught me basic accounting, as he was a bookkeeper for a gin and grain elevator in West Texas. I named my first son for him.  He has  lived up to it, and for that I am very, very proud.

I am grateful as hell for both of my grandfathers.  They still inspire me to be better.  "Don't be a pussy.  Make yourself useful.  Don't wait for someone else to do it for you..."  all ring in my head on a daily basis.  None of them are bad mantras to live by.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I was a little over a year old.  He was on his first flight as an Aircraft Commander when it happened.  He helicopter was hit by an RPG while on a combat extraction mission.  He had been in country for about 5 months and had just turned 24.  A few years ago I found this story posted.  It was written by the guy flying the helicopter right behind my Dad.  It's kind of wierd to read, but it did provide some closure for me as to what happened.  Here is the story if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.thedonovan.com/archives/2007/08/clearing_out_a.html

For most of my life, I had never met anyone who had served with my Dad.  About 2004, I was at work surfing Austin channel 8's web page and there was a story about a local filmmaker who had done a documentary about the Huey helicopter and what it had meant to the Vietnam Veterans.  They had restored a Huey and flown it around the country and filmed veterans taking one last ride on a Huey.  It was pretty cool and the story said that the film would be debuted about a week later at Bass Concert Hall.  I badly wanted tickets, so I called the number listed and spoke to the wife of the director.  They had done the film together.  She said she was sorry that the premier was going to be only for people involved with the film, but that I could go once it was released to the public.  I said thanks and told her why i wanted to buy some tickets and without hesitation she asked how many tickets I wanted.  I asked for 4 (me, my sife, my older sister, and my mom).  She also asked what unit my Dad had been in and when I told her she couldn't believe it.  Three of the guys in the film had been in his unit and two of them had served at the same time.  We went to the premier and then to a VIP party afterward and I got to meet the guys that new my Dad. They told me tons of stories about him that I never would have otherwise heard.  They invited me to a reunion they have every other year at Fort Rucker in Alabama.  I went and met several more guys that knew my dad and many of them brought pictures. They adopted me as their son and wouldn't let me buy and drink for the entire weekend.  I didn't pay for anything all weekend.  They also had a website through which another guy my Dad knew said he might have some old 9mm video with my Dad on it. He took it have it transferred to VHS and mailed it to me, and sure enough he was on the video.  It was only for a few seconds, but it was the only video I had ever seen of my Dad.  That man died just a few months after he sent me the video.  I still stay in touch with those guys from his unit and I'm forever grateful for what they did for me.

This is a long way of saying, talk to those veterans.  They have lots of unbelievable stories to tell.

well.  that might be the best goddamn thing I’ve ever read on this godforsaken website.  good stuff, hate. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, futureman said:

Just bear with me here.

How many people have you shot in the head?

How many of them were the armed occupational force where you live?

I'm guessing you've never shot a person, much less to their death. Does a hero, Clark.

• Fuck You 1

Thanks for sharing Hate, damn allergies kicking in.

My pops and gpa both served, gpa was in his late 30's and got called back in during WW2.  My dad said they would ride the train down to Texas where he was stationed.  When the enlisted men found out my gma was riding the train all the way to Texas by herself with 3 kids to see their dad, they gave up their seats to all four and stood the rest of the way.  That show of respect to an officers wife and his kids always stuck out to me.  Dad served during Berlin crisis '61.

• Like 1