Getting old sucks

Hate

Here's one.

When I began driving back and forth from Austin to Dallas for school, KLUV, 98.7FM was the longest-lasting station.  It has been an "oldies" station forever, at least since the 80s.

Well, when I began listening on the road, it was a lot of 50s and 60s really classic rawk.  An education in early rock n roll.

Now it's an 80s station. 👹👹  Meaning, it's not an 80s station per se, it's just that is what oldies are now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Crap, just crap.

Took a fall at work today and broke a rib and seriously banged up the reverse shoulder replacement on my left side.

Freaking idiot drivers hauling ass on US-281 in San Antonio in the construction zone, it's a damned miracle I didn't get run over.  Prosthesis screwed up trying to cross SB feeder lanes and I wound up crashing down on the concrete roadway.

DAMMIT

6 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Crap, just crap.

Took a fall at work today and broke a rib and seriously banged up the reverse shoulder replacement on my left side.

Freaking idiot drivers hauling ass on US-281 in San Antonio in the construction zone, it's a damned miracle I didn't get run over.  Prosthesis screwed up trying to cross SB feeder lanes and I wound up crashing down on the concrete roadway.

DAMMIT

So sorry, Shooter. Man, really. Glad you made it out alive (literally). 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, nnm said:

So sorry, Shooter. Man, really. Glad you made it out alive (literally). 

Scared the hell out of me.  I've probably had 1 hour of sleep.  My wife asked me if I had gone to the doctor, and I told her no. She asked how I knew it was broken and I told her after breaking ribs multiple times previously you never forget what it feels like.  Besides, they can't do anything about it anyways.

• Like 1

Got my colonoscopy a few weeks back.  I was reading the results and it showed that my BBPS was only 9.  WTF, I worked my ass off and 9 was a good as I got?  Who the hell is grading this thing, are they blind?  I then googled at learned that 9 was a perfect fucking score.  I bet that was the talk around the water cooler.  BBPS is the Boston Bowel Prep Score if you don't know - you could have used my small intestines for sausage casings.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:

Got my colonoscopy a few weeks back.  I was reading the results and it showed that my BBPS was only 9.  WTF, I worked my ass off and 9 was a good as I got?  Who the hell is grading this thing, are they blind?  I then googled at learned that 9 was a perfect fucking score.  I bet that was the talk around the water cooler.  BBPS is the Boston Bowel Prep Score if you don't know - you could have used my small intestines for sausage casings.

rhyming leonardo dicaprio GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

I've had the shits for weeks, along with some severe abdominal pain at times.  Wasn't bad at first, went to the doc about a week ago after dealing with it for several days and he said it's probably just a stomach bug.  Next day I was getting sharp pains in my lower left abdomen and the general ab pain/discomfort was ratcheting up.  Felt like a 600 lbs. fucker was sitting on me.  Went to the ER because it was a Saturday, turned out I had a pretty good infection due to diverticulitis.  I'm 38, I get to have my first colonoscopy once these clears up a bit.  Pain is just now getting manageable again and energy is starting to return.

The pain is temporary, but losing the ability to have rice in my burritos going forward?  I may never recover.

Edited by ulukinatme
  • Hook 'Em 1

Biggest surly humblebrag ever.

I'm about 4 and a half months post-stroke

today a buddy came by picked me up we ran errands and hooked up my brand new massage chair he took a picture of me and when I looked at it I looked so damn old as if I've aged 10 years in the past 4 months,

its official i can stop caring

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just turned 42. 15% bodyfat. Hit personal records for core lifts. Full head of hair. Wife told me I can buy one those smart high dollar hookers. Hit the surly Stonk train early. Texas beat the shit out of UTEP.

Because I am older and wiser, I know that only 2.7% of what you just posted is true.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honest question here and I'm sure since this Surly I'm sure the responses will be interesting.... LOL

OK here it goes.

At what age did you all get your first prostate exam?   I'm 48 and it's been awhile since I've had a head to toe physical.  I haven't had anything out of the ordinary occur to make me think I need to have it checked other than having to pee more after drinking excess fluids.   I need to go get another full physical, so I guess I need to mentally prepare myself for the lubed glove up my ass if I'm technically overdue now thanks to my age.

25 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Honest question here and I'm sure since this Surly I'm sure the responses will be interesting.... LOL

OK here it goes.

At what age did you all get your first prostate exam?   I'm 48 and it's been awhile since I've had a head to toe physical.  I haven't had anything out of the ordinary occur to make me think I need to have it checked other than having to pee more after drinking excess fluids.   I need to go get another full physical, so I guess I need to mentally prepare myself for the lubed glove up my ass if I'm technically overdue now thanks to my age.

Yes, you will probably get it done.  Yes, it will be uncomfortable and awkward.  No, you won't catch the gay from it...unless you pop a boner.  Yes, it is better to have it done than not in case there is something they find that can be caught early.

Yes, you will probably get it done.  Yes, it will be uncomfortable and awkward.  No, you won't catch the gay from it...unless you pop a boner.  Yes, it is better to have it done than not in case there is something they find that can be caught early.

The best part is shitting out the KY after.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Mid 40s, IIRC.

Things have changed though in recent years, my doc with BS&W no longer does the digital exam or even the cough test. Supposedly the bloodwork includes detection of prostate cancer? I think it may be part of the changes that began with the ACA, and the the $500 billion reduction in Medicare allotments. Could be wrong, but a Surly doc can explain.. 

My first urologist was nice Doctor in her late 30's. When it came time for the fingering, she popped on a glove, lubed it up and said "Now comes the unpleasant part". When I bent over and gave her the stink eye, I told her that I'm pretty sure her job/view was much more unpleasant. 

Is this where I post about me losing my keys and not being able to find them for over an hour and a half?  I'm in my 50s and my parents are still relying on me to remember their passwords and showing them how to open and print emails.  I have to keep my shit together.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2020 at 5:40 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

OK here it goes.

They started me at 45 but only because my old man had some prostate issues. Honestly the finger fucking isn’t the worst part, it’s the goddamn lube that’s so far up your ass you can taste it that doesn’t dry out for like two fucking days....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ignatius said:

They started me at 45 but only because my old man had some prostate issues. Honestly the finger fucking isn’t the worst part, it’s the goddamn lube that’s so far up your ass you can taste it that doesn’t dry out for like two fucking days....

But it made taking a crap much easier for those two day... Right?   Lol.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, Armybrat said:

Mid 40s, IIRC.

Things have changed though in recent years, my doc with BS&W no longer does the digital exam or even the cough test. Supposedly the bloodwork includes detection of prostate cancer? I think it may be part of the changes that began with the ACA, and the the $500 billion reduction in Medicare allotments. Could be wrong, but a Surly doc can explain.. 

PSA test is more reliable than the old digital exam.  Many places only do the digital if you have a strong family history of prostate cancer, but a normal PSA.....done as a double check, or maybe just b/c the doc likes you.

Edited by Reagan1k
  • Like 1