Getting old sucks

Hate

On 2/19/2021 at 5:41 PM, tbone_ said:

F the vette haters. I’ve loved them since my dads buddy took my 5yo self for a ride in his brand new 72 with the t tops off.

And I’m hung like a 3 dicked mule so it’s not that Nancy.

Vettes are cool, but I'm biased.  My old man, a now retired lawyer who bleeds burnt orange, has collected them (although one or two at a time, not like...a car lot or whatever) since I was a little kid. He likes Stingrays (nothing past the 70s) the best, or at least did the last time I talked to him about them.  

Guess who dislocated his middle finger wiping his ass. Yeah, this guy did. Only the tip. Hurts like a mother. Looks like I better go get a bidet. I'll have to use my left hand in the meantime. Awkward.
It's weird. Totally wrecked left shoulder and I am a lefty so I had to switch hit.

Sucks for a few months but (butt?) Then it is fine. Now I can wipe left or right.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, leaf said:

At the age of 50, I now have plantar fasciitis in both feet.  Has been hell trying to find shoes that don't kill my feet. When I wake up in the morning, I have to flex my feet back and forth for a few minutes so that I can half ass walk when I get out of bed.  

Roll your foot, using your full body weight, on a raquetball and a golf ball.  

On 2/11/2021 at 9:01 AM, Shoxthemonkey said:

Guess who dislocated his middle finger wiping his ass. Yeah, this guy did. Only the tip. Hurts like a mother. Looks like I better go get a bidet. I'll have to use my left hand in the meantime. Awkward.

Username both does and does not check out.  

On 2/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, Richard Kimball said:

That's awesome. My Corvette story didn't have a happy ending. I ran up on one at the old Corvette Country in Austin. It was an 85, and about fifteen years old at the time. Never wrecked, I had an old truck they gave me $5500 for, paid cash for the other $4500. I loved that car. My wife hated it, and gave me shit about it every day for a solid year until I sold it. Traded it in for a new pickup. 

Closest I ever came to getting a divorce was over that car. She did shit I'd never seen her do before. Gave the keys to a friend of ours, and tried to talk him into taking it and driving by us and waving at us as he drove by. He wouldn't do it, cause guys understand that kind of shit. 

Anyway, for the next six months after I got rid of it, she'd keep asking me, "How do you like the new pick up?"

I'd tell her, "It's a pickup. It's fine."

She finally started saying, "If I knew how much you liked the Corvette, I wouldn't have mentioned selling it."

This ought to be on the "Wives" thread. 

Should have just killed her and blamed it on a one armed man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

My joints are popping like crazy - both shoulders, left elbow, both knees and left ankle.

I've been taking glucosamine on and off for the past 1-2 months, most forget, but I still take it when I remember. Let's just say I will never get into ninja mode because every joint in my body will be clicking while I walk around and bend my knees.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, Richard Kimball said:

That's awesome. My Corvette story didn't have a happy ending. I ran up on one at the old Corvette Country in Austin. It was an 85, and about fifteen years old at the time. Never wrecked, I had an old truck they gave me $5500 for, paid cash for the other $4500. I loved that car. My wife hated it, and gave me shit about it every day for a solid year until I sold it. Traded it in for a new pickup. 

Closest I ever came to getting a divorce was over that car. She did shit I'd never seen her do before. Gave the keys to a friend of ours, and tried to talk him into taking it and driving by us and waving at us as he drove by. He wouldn't do it, cause guys understand that kind of shit. 

Anyway, for the next six months after I got rid of it, she'd keep asking me, "How do you like the new pick up?"

I'd tell her, "It's a pickup. It's fine."

She finally started saying, "If I knew how much you liked the Corvette, I wouldn't have mentioned selling it."

This ought to be on the "Wives" thread. 

Username.... I don't think the jury would have convicted you....Whatabitch

• Haha 1

Occasionally when I sleep, too much of my body goes to sleep.  While sleeping from time to time my hands will partially go to sleep with just my pinky and ring fingers going "numb".

That’s an issue with the nerve that runs through a channel through the elbow. I get same numbness from propping my elbows up like on an arm rest or lying on my back holding my phone up using elbow as the plant point.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm a month away from the 60. According to the cardiologist that did my stents in '07 this is impossible. Fuck him.

I’ve been living with three stents since 2003 and got my 4th two years ago - it was placed inside one of the older stents. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

51 and I still play 2 on 2 hoops with my 16 year old and his two buddies.  It's only half court but I feel it the next day.  Full court days are long gone.

I (almost 55) still play full-court basketball.  Most of the guys are in their late 20's to mid-to-late 30's.  I give it my best but these guys are so quick.  I hold my own but holy cow it is a full-time effort!  Today a guy did a spin move on me and I went to shuffle my feet to block his move but he stepped on my left foot and down I went twisting around.  I was going down face first but luckily was able to get my hands down first landing in a push up position before my chest hit the ground saving my face.  Slightly strained my chest muscles and received a strawberry on my right knee (multi-purpose floor).  All of the youngsters were concerned about my health but I popped right up.  I am sure that tomorrow I will feel it a bit more as the stiffness will set in.

• Hook 'Em 2