Probably mentioned. Fast white boy

markstanco

Is that really a good time? Maybe for current kids, but I remember back in the day, my buddies and I were running sub-8s while jumping over 37 feet and benching 10 reps at 1200 lbs. Most of us ended up being nerds and just went to college, but one buddy of mine played two years at Sam.

Guess I should’ve started a “fast mexican boy” thread for Jose Garcia from Harlingen. Won the 100m at the region 4 meet last weekend with a 10.43, a meet record. Also just a sophomore.

He played football as a freshman but quit to the chagrin of the cardinal coaching staff. Not sure if Boling ever even played, but it’s a sign of the times. Before you could almost guarantee that the fastest 100m, 200m, and 400m guys in the state were football players as well. Not so much anymore. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

O.D. Wyatt?

Yep. 1998 and the record still stands last time I looked. This was right before FWISD decided to punt on athletics. Wyatt and Dunbar were competitive and churned out D1 athletes. Even Poly had Darrent Williams (rip). Anyone athletic goes to Aledo or the Mansfield schools these days

13 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

kid is a freak. does not play football. this would have been good for 5th place at 2016 Olympics 

Is Dbol still the HS vitamin of choice? White kid from Strake likely has access to the good German stuff with EPO and the works.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

1985 I was freshman district champ for Strake. Of course, our "district" was just us and St. Thomas, and I ran an 11.7, but....I was faster than at least two black dudes. 

essentially matthew boling is just maybeacoordinator 2.0

On 5/2/2019 at 1:23 AM, mulletpelini said:

Pretty good breeze behind them, notice the white flag at the very end.  Still FAF

Is there anything better than a big comeback win from the anchor leg of a mile relay?

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 10:44 PM, markstanco said:

If being fast and able to catch a football was all it took to be a football player, Bullet Bob Hayes would have been a damn good one. Damn, now I have to see how this kid compares to Hayes on the track.

Is there anything better than a big comeback win from the anchor leg of a mile relay?

You ever heard of some random dude named Johnny Lam Jones? His 40+ yard comeback at the ‘76 state meet is what started the legend. White Boy’s was determined to be around 30.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

You ever heard of some random dude named Johnny Lam Jones? His 40+ yard comeback at the ‘76 state meet is what started the legend. White Boy’s was determined to be around 30.

No disrespect for Lam Jones' remarkable feat, but at what level would that Lampasas HS team be competing in 2019?  It appeared to me that the other anchors were running in the :48 range in the video above.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor