Voter Suppression

Pancho

Score one for Ohio. Here in Franklin County you can now pick up an absentee ballot application form at all local Kroger stores. That's in addition to the usual methods of obtaining one like just going online and printing your own. But it's a convenience that's sure to benefit a lot of voters. Huzzah!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

McCarthy must have a miserable existence. 

the guy is never right about ANYTHING. He’s always on the wrong / losing side. 

add to that, he’s a republican congressman from California who voted against legal pot protections. He actually wants to see his constituents carried away in handcuffs for smoking a harmless plant.

how fucked up is that? How can you be a congressman from California and actually oppose legal weed?

that guy is a waste of space. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

McCarthy must have a miserable existence. 

the guy is never right about ANYTHING. He’s always on the wrong / losing side. 

add to that, he’s a republican congressman from California who voted against legal pot protections. He actually wants to see his constituents carried away in handcuffs for smoking a harmless plant.

how fucked up is that? How can you be a congressman from California and actually oppose legal weed?

that guy is a waste of space. 

He is a career politician. Not a public servant like his father, the firefighter. He is a career politician. His last town hall for the district he represents was in 2010. He screens his calls (like my representative does) and he accepts money from Saudi lobbyists. Why his constituents vote for him is baffling.

• Haha 1

Seriously- fuck him and the 4 other political hacks who voted to allow that election to go forward. Between that vote and his voting rights act opinion, I have no respect for him. 

Nope. His name will end up in the manure pile of history, where it belongs. Great legacy, man. Your family will disown you within a generation, maybe less.

Pond scum Scott Walker is the most disgusting and vile piece of shit alive.

the Wisconsin GOP benefit from the most extreme gerrymandered state map in the country. Those asshats lose the statewide popular vote by 10 points sometimes and still keep 65% of the seats. 

it brought a big smile on my face to see a Scott Walker appointee bite the dust. I’m not sure how Wisconsin democrats can take power back in the state, they seem to be boxed in pretty badly. Hopefully the voters of Wisconsin continue to punish the GOP for their dictator like tactics tho.

17 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I can’t believe the people of Wisconsin came thru.

everyone who voted blue deserves a medal. Some of those people got hailed on for 3 hours to do it.

This right here.  Fuck these GOP ghouls in the ass for not delaying the vote during the height of a pandemic.  I’m in a blue state now, but I will walk through a fucking mine field to vote against Trump in November.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Moscow Mitch to call for National mail in voting as part of next stimulus in 3... 2....1....

Nah, he will add it to a new USPS funding bill which will quadruple funding and also include a new giant state of the art national mail sorting center outside of Paducah, KY.  All US mail will be required to go through this facility in order to "prevent terrorism."  The 20 million dollar shredder order from Staples will come under "discretionary spending."

When Pelosi tries to push back, all we will hear is how "Pelosi hates postal workers."

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

From people on the ground, people were extremely upset the primary wasn’t pushed back 

In a week or so, we'll have a good idea of how much the forced in-person voting exacerbated the spread of COVID-19. In Milwaukee, there were only 5 polling places open and over 18k votes were cast. 

More interesting information from WI.  Rural voters showed up at greater percentage than City/Metro.  Not surprising but it doesn't posit that well for Conservatives.  Their silver lining or argument will be the top of the ticket was a Democratic race so no reason for some voters to show up -- SSC or not.