Voter Suppression

Pancho

If I was a Democratic operative and wanted to make sure Trump doesn’t win in 2020, the stuff happening in WI, etc. are exactly the kinds of things I would be pushing covertly to help drive Dem turnout up.  This is making people angry, and making them realize their votes count and that the GOP gives no shits about the voters.  

14 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

After seeing all of this shit....

how the fuck can any normal, sane, rational person vote GOP ever again?

all they do is shit on the will of the people.

Personally my ideals do not align with those of the DNC, I'm sitting here reading their platform and I disagree with just about everything on the page. The examples in this thread so many are outraged by are no different then the left urging illegals to votes/vote fraud, both sides are crooked to the core.

The GOP is far from perfect but I agree with more of they stand/stood for, hopefully they have a come to jesus talk and right the ship otherwise we are going to watch the radical far left take over the DNC and bring this country to an end.

• Fuck You 4

51 minutes ago, Smax said:

Personally my ideals do not align with those of the DNC, I'm sitting here reading their platform and I disagree with just about everything on the page. The examples in this thread so many are outraged by are no different then the left urging illegals to votes/vote fraud, both sides are crooked to the core.

The GOP is far from perfect but I agree with more of they stand/stood for, hopefully they have a come to jesus talk and right the ship otherwise we are going to watch the radical far left take over the DNC and bring this country to an end.

You're a liar.

1 hour ago, Smax said:

So you are cool with putting kids in cages, inflicting trauma on minors, running up the debt, tax cuts for the elite, embracing dictators, vote fraud, nepotism, graft, empowering white nationals,  pointless trade wars, alienating allies, and allowing pollution to go unchecked and the socialized costs/privatized gains, presidents for life, abusing positions for personal gain and to suppress law enforcement, and attempting to jail political opponents and suppress the media and direct people to watch a state sanctioned media group? Appeasing dictators and turning a blind eye/inviting foreign powers to attacks on Americans, on American soil. Cause that is what the GOP actually is.  What they write about is far from it. 

Only 1 party actually gives a shit about the rules, decorum, and keeping America a representative democracy including giving a voice to the opposition.  Their other platforms about how to govern is actually inconsequential at this time.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So you are cool with putting kids in cages, inflicting trauma on minors, running up the debt, tax cuts for the elite, embracing dictators, vote fraud, nepotism, graft, empowering white nationals,  pointless trade wars, alienating allies, and allowing pollution to go unchecked and the socialized costs/privatized gains, presidents for life, abusing positions for personal gain and to suppress law enforcement, and attempting to jail political opponents and suppress the media and direct people to watch a state sanctioned media group? Appeasing dictators and turning a blind eye/inviting foreign powers to attacks on Americans, on American soil. Cause that is what the GOP actually is.  What they write about is far from it. 

Only 1 party actually gives a shit about the rules, decorum, and keeping America a representative democracy including giving a voice to the opposition.  Their other platforms about how to govern is actually inconsequential at this time.  

What a load of nonsense, this is why we are where we are as a nation.

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Smax said:

So you're okay with the GOP's complete flip-flop on deficits and debt reduction?

OK cool.

Hook 'em!

17 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

So you're okay with the GOP's complete flip-flop on deficits and debt reduction?

OK cool.

Hook 'em!

Learn to read and Im certainly not cool with government intervention into wages, medicare, obama care, welfare, personal and corporate handouts, taxes are high enough, we need to spend less, not interested in fair trade I'd rather it benefit America if possible, gun laws are fine its a mental health issue ( something I partially agree with the left on). The Dems think government is the solution to our problems, I think the government is the problem, its far too big and intrusive in our day to day lives. The GOP is the lesser of 2 evils 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Smax said:

Learn to read and Im certainly not cool with government intervention into wages, medicare, obama care, welfare, personal and corporate handouts, taxes are high enough, we need to spend less, not interested in fair trade I'd rather it benefit America if possible, gun laws are fine its a mental health issue ( something I partially agree with the left on).

The Dems think government is the solution to our problems, I think the government is the problem, its far too big and intrusive in our day to day lives. The GOP is the lesser of 2 evils 

Some Dems think government is the solution to some of the nation's problems.  The GOP thinks government is the solution to their own personal problems.  Now tell me again which is the lesser of two evils?

3 hours ago, Smax said:

The examples in this thread so many are outraged by are no different then the left urging illegals to votes/vote fraud, both sides are crooked to the core.

so for the record, you're a dumbass lying bitch? Cool. Cause unless you have a link...

3 hours ago, Smax said:

The GOP is far from perfect but I agree with more of they stand/stood for, hopefully they have a come to jesus talk and right the ship otherwise we are going to watch the radical far left take over the DNC and bring this country to an end

I used to be like this, and I kept thinking the GOP would get their shit together.  

But they won’t.  Year-after-year, they are actually getting worse, to the point that shit like Wisconsin and North Carolina are being done openly, and where Republican leaders are perfectly fine with a Republican President who adores Putin and MBS and makes excuses for their crimes.  And said Republicans are themselves taking millions in campaign donations from Putin’s allies   

If Hillary wins, and it comes out the Russians were manipulating people on FB and twitter to help her, a Republican-led Congress would have burned twitter and Facebook to the fucking ground.   GOP benefits from Russian meddling?  Say some bad things about those companies and let them be on their merry way.

As a young man, I volunteered on one of W’s gubernatorial campaigns   The people I met, some of them I stayed in contact with, and guess what?  They are fully on the Trump Train and intent on causing libtard tears   They were around my age or a little older, and they, and people like Reince Priebus are in their 40s.   They’ve got decades left to go in politics   They enjoy this shit   Trump has brought out who they always were.

You’re young apparently, so let me give you some advice: the GOP is not going to change its stripes until it is fully out of power with no chance of making a comeback.  Even then, it will only change its stripes if it starts losing donations and a conservative third party began chipping away at it heavily.  

So if you want a change in the GOP, do what I did, and bail, and when you get asked by other Republicans, explain exactly why you bailed.  You don’t have to become a Democrat - I didn’t and you can hang with the rest of us independents, but you can vote Democrat when you feel it would hurt the GOP, because that’s what the GOP needs - to know that former Republicans are pissed enough to vote against them.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You’re young apparently, so let me give you some advice: the GOP is not going to change its stripes until it is fully out of power with no chance of making a comeback.  Even then, it will only change its stripes if it starts losing donations and a conservative third party began chipping away at it heavily.  

Im 46

37 minutes ago, Smax said:

The Dems think government is the solution to our problems, I think the government is the problem, its far too big and intrusive in our day to day lives. The GOP is the lesser of 2 evils 

giphy.gif

The GOP is not the lesser of two evils.  Look at the people Trump brought into his administration, who are looking to reward their buddies.  Look at the states run by Republicans.   Look at Republican leaders like McConnell taking bribes campaign donations from the Russians.   A Republican President is sucking off Russian leadership every chance he gets   

They are doing everything they accuse the Dems of doing during the Cold War and then some.  

Remeber Jade Helm and Governor Hot Wheels wanting the state to monitor it because of all of the rumors about Walmart’s as prisons, etc.?  He crawled into a hole and pulled his wheel chair in and sealed it up when Donnie began pushing hard to separate families and jail kids by themselves in Texas.  

And the list goes on.  

6 minutes ago, Smax said:

Im 46

Then you’re old enough to remember the Cold War and at least have the passing thought that the GOP has completely compromised itself in numerous ways, both in regards to Russians, and in regards to corruption.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, Smax said:

Learn to read and Im certainly not cool with government intervention into wages, medicare, obama care, welfare, personal and corporate handouts, taxes are high enough, we need to spend less, not interested in fair trade I'd rather it benefit America if possible, gun laws are fine its a mental health issue ( something I partially agree with the left on). The Dems think government is the solution to our problems, I think the government is the problem, its far too big and intrusive in our day to day lives. The GOP is the lesser of 2 evils 

Those lame ass talking points have been thoroughly discredited for years now and are just a bunch of stupid platitudes anyway. So are you a bot or are you really just that fucking stupid? And if you really are 46 and serious about your posts you need some serious self reflection. 

My guess is you’re just a troll anyway so who cares. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Then you’re old enough to remember the Cold War and at least have the passing thought that the GOP has completely compromised itself in numerous ways, both in regards to Russians, and in regards to corruption.  

Yes and yes, as I told DDD, learn to read... nowhere I have said I happy with the current state of the GOP. With that said I can not and will not put my support with a party I have fundamentally disagreed with all of my adult life.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Those lame ass talking points have been thoroughly discredited for years now and are just a bunch of stupid platitudes anyway. So are you a bot or are you really just that fucking stupid? And if you really are 46 and serious about your posts you need some serious self reflection. 

My guess is you’re just a troll anyway so who cares. 

discredited ? everything I said was pulled from the dnc 's website under their platform

a bot ? I was on shaggy since its inception who the fuck are you

lulz

Claims he doesn't want government intervention or corporate handouts but would rather the government get involved to make things better for America than have truly free trade. Which, you know, means government intervention in order to give what essentially boils down to corporate handouts.

Seems consistent and principled.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Smax said:

Yes and yes, as I told DDD, learn to read... nowhere I have said I happy with the current state of the GOP. With that said I can not and will not put my support with a party I have fundamentally disagreed with all of my adult life

Nobody is asking you to become a Democrat   Become an independent, and look at individuals on the ballot instead of straight-ticket (which is thankfully going away).

As long as you, and others like you, keep supporting/voting the GOP,  they have no incentive to change.  None.  In their minds, they are still winning.

The GOP isn’t quite to the stage of the Whigs in the 1850s, but Texas last month should have put that fear into them.  And thanks to the attempts at voter suppression and at trying to restrain the powers of Dem winners at the state level, the GOP is hell-bent on trying to turn out Dems in record numbers in 2020. 

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

Claims he doesn't want government intervention or corporate handouts but would rather the government get involved to make things better for America than have truly free trade. Which, you know, means government intervention in order to give what essentially boils down to corporate handouts.

International trade is one of the few things IMO the government should be involved, so yes I am consistent

lulz...

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Nobody is asking you to become a Democrat   Become an independent, and look at individuals on the ballot instead of straight-ticket (which is thankfully going away).

As long as you, and others like you, keep supporting/voting the GOP,  they have no incentive to change.  None.  In their minds, they are still winning.

The GOP isn’t quite to the stage of the Whigs in the 1850s, but Texas last month should have put that fear into them.  And thanks to the attempts at voter suppression and at trying to restrain the powers of Dem winners at the state level, the GOP is hell-bent on trying to turn out Dems in record numbers in 2020. 

stop making assumptions, I don't vote straight ticket.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

lulz

Smax clearly picked a team and is sticking with them no matter what.  It doesn't matter if they've betrayed virtually every principle that they claim to stand for, campaign based upon fear and division, lie incessantly, and take part in a number of anti-democratic actions (gerrymandering, voter suppression, decreasing the power of certain branches of the government in contravention of the will of the voters, voter fraud);  he chose team R and he isn't going to change.    

1 minute ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Smax clearly picked a team and is sticking with them no matter what.  It doesn't matter if they've betrayed virtually every principle that they claim to stand for, campaign based upon fear and division, lie incessantly, and take part in a number of anti-democratic actions (gerrymandering, voter suppression, decreasing the power of certain branches of the government in contravention of the will of the voters, voter fraud);  he chose team R and he isn't going to change.    

The analogy here is quite simple.  It's aggy.

Aggy myth: aggy is all about honor -- “An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do.”

Aggy rationalization: "hey, I'm all about honor and that code.  That's why I am forever a loyal aggy, and everyone else sucks!"

Reality: Fedex days, Johnny Football, aggy payments to host recruits just last year, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam.

What happens when you point out that the REALITY of aggy is the diametric opposite of the aggy myth: "but honor, aggy stands for honor, and “An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do!"

People just repeat the myth, because to acknowledge that 1) you bought into the myth, but 2) reality is the exact opposite, amounts to 3) admitting you got snookered and were wrong.  And Americans HATE to admit that they were wrong.  They hate it.  They will stay in the car as it plummets over the cliff, rather than admit that they took a wrong turn.

But a lot of us don't.  A lot of us, including folks who have said so on this board, have said "yep, I bought the myth.  It matched up with my values.  But, now that I've seen reality, I now know that not only is the myth not reality, the myth was a lie INTENDED to deceive us and engender our support, all while the GOP pursued a reality that was utterly at odds with that myth.  So, fuck that, I'm divorcing the liars."  That doesn't mean that you have to marry the gal who lives across the street.  It just means that you should divorce the lying harpy that you're currently married to.  Just admit it -- you got snookered.  I did.  Hayden did.  Other folks did.  It's okay to BE wrong.  It's not okay to STAY wrong.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The analogy here is quite simple.  It's aggy.

Aggy myth: aggy is all about honor -- “An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do.”

Aggy rationalization: "hey, I'm all about honor and that code.  That's why I am forever a loyal aggy, and everyone else sucks!"

Reality: Fedex days, Johnny Football, aggy payments to host recruits just last year, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseam.

What happens when you point out that the REALITY of aggy is the diametric opposite of the aggy myth: "but honor, aggy stands for honor, and “An Aggie does not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do!"

People just repeat the myth, because to acknowledge that 1) you bought into the myth, but 2) reality is the exact opposite, amounts to 3) admitting you got snookered and were wrong.  And Americans HATE to admit that they were wrong.  They hate it.  They will stay in the car as it plummets over the cliff, rather than admit that they took a wrong turn.

But a lot of us don't.  A lot of us, including folks who have said so on this board, have said "yep, I bought the myth.  It matched up with my values.  But, now that I've seen reality, I now know that not only is the myth not reality, the myth was a lie INTENDED to deceive us and engender our support, all while the GOP pursued a reality that was utterly at odds with that myth.  So, fuck that, I'm divorcing the liars."  That doesn't mean that you have to marry the gal who lives across the street.  It just means that you should divorce the lying harpy that you're currently married to.  Just admit it -- you got snookered.  I did.  Hayden did.  Other folks did.  It's okay to BE wrong.  It's not okay to STAY wrong.

Smax should read this post. 

But unfortunately he will and will simply let a breath out of his mouth and say, “but the left.?.”

Edited by JimmyJames

2 hours ago, Smax said:

Yes and yes, as I told DDD, learn to read... nowhere I have said I happy with the current state of the GOP. With that said I can not and will not put my support with a party I have fundamentally disagreed with all of my adult life.

discredited ? everything I said was pulled from the dnc 's website under their platform

a bot ? I was on shaggy since its inception who the fuck are you

Who the fuck am I? I’m a computer program created by the shaggy liberal cabal, designed to seek out and hunt right wing trolls such as yourself and troll them right the fuck back.

Just doing my job. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Props to smax for being honest (and of course being bashed for it) here in Never-R Never-R Land.

Supporting one party over another doesn’t mean supporting everything that either one does.

The Republicans are my alcoholic friend who is going to die if he doesn’t change, but I’m going to love him while he hits rock bottom and either dies or changes his life.

4 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

And even when that alcoholic destroys his family and friends, huh? Or in this case, the country and rule of law. 

Yep, the alcoholic is driving the fuel truck, drinking wild turkey out of the bottle and slurring his texts going 90 down the highway and we are chained up and ball gagged with the haze of a roofie wearing off.    Wait, this isn't how Brisket starts each story? well it should be. 

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:17 AM, Smax said:

What a load of nonsense, this is why we are where we are as a nation.

Which part is not correct?   The GOP is consistent in its opposition to exactly what it claims.  Or are you one of those types that believes the Soviet Union was Communistic and inspired by Marx?  

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Props to smax for being honest (and of course being bashed for it) here in Never-R Never-R Land.

Supporting one party over another doesn’t mean supporting everything that either one does.

The Republicans are my alcoholic friend who is going to die if he doesn’t change, but I’m going to love him while he hits rock bottom and either dies or changes his life.

he isn't being bashed for his views. he is being bashed because the team he is on doesn't have those views and yet he still cheers for them. and thats just stupid. 

i need a drink 

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Props for being honest? He's being bashed for blatantly lying. 

You really want to dap up a guy for whom intentionally poisoning his neighbor's dog barely cracks the top 10 of his most reprehensible qualities?

I said I’m ok with it in the legal sense. Republicans in Georgia also oversaw record voter registration and the biggest minority voter turnout ever.

I also said that I don’t like the focus on purging, that voter fraud is largely a myth, and that I voted for the Democratic SOS candidate for those reasons.

But the CR isn’t about discourse it’s about zingers and running people down if they aren’t pure enough.

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Disingenuous analogy because you don’t call out any responsibility for or risk to others your friend has. The Republican Party isn’t some deadbeat friend drinking his life away in his apartment; their integrity has far-reaching consequences for Americans present and future. 

Maybe the better analogy is: the Republican Party is like your alcoholic friend who works as a police officer. He’s always drunk on the job, speeds through school zones, takes bribes, selectively enforced the law based on race, gender, or whatever criteria de jour, and is, overall, becoming an increasing danger to his community. You’re the guy buying him drinks before his shift.  

But I guess good for you being loyal to him at your community’s expense. 

• Like 8
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Disingenuous analogy because you don’t call out any responsibility for or risk to others your friend has. The Republican Party isn’t some deadbeat friend drinking his life away in his apartment; their integrity has far-reaching consequences for Americans present and future. 

Maybe the better analogy is: the Republican Party is like your alcoholic friend who works as a police officer. He’s always drunk on the job, speeds through school zones, takes bribes, selectively enforced the law based on race, gender, or whatever criteria de jour, and is, overall, becoming an increasing danger to his community. You’re the guy buying him drinks before his shift.  

But I guess good for you being loyal to him at your community’s expense. 

This is just...perfect. 

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Man that’s fucked up. I was referring to an actual friend of mine. Sorry it wasn’t a perfect analogy. Once again I fail the purity test in the CR.

What’s fucked up is equating simple honesty as “purity,” whatever the fuck that means in your political martyrdom. Fact is: the analogy was simply wrong and that has nothing to do with your friend. Just be a man and own your intellectual dishonesty. Do it for your friend.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1