Voter Suppression

Pancho

On 5/22/2020 at 6:49 AM, Longhorn said:

Meanwhile, in Philadelphia...

A former Philadelphia judge of elections pleaded guilty in federal court to stuffing ballots in return for bribes during primary elections between 2014 and 2016.

Domenick Demuro, 73, admitted during a sealed proceeding in March to using his position as an elections judge, which granted him the responsibility of overseeing the entire election process in his jurisdiction, to add fraudulent votes for politicians supported by an unidentified political consultant who had paid him bribes ranging from $300 to $5,000 per election.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/21/philadelphia-elections-judge-pleads-guilty-election-fraud/

Some bad guy robbed a bank.  Let's ban all guns so the one time event does not happen again.   See how that works Trump peeps?  Or does the one guy who drove into a ditch and did not drown because he was not wearing a seatbelt - so everyone should not be able to have a seat belt - work?     The isolated and minuscule  instances of voter fraud should not be grounds for preventing millions of legitimate voters voting by mail.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 11:04 PM, Gatorubet said:

Some bad guy robbed a bank.  Let's ban all guns so the one time event does not happen again.   See how that works Trump peeps?  Or does the one guy who drove into a ditch and did not drown because he was not wearing a seatbelt - so everyone should not be able to have a seat belt - work?     The isolated and minuscule  instances of voter fraud should not be grounds for preventing millions of legitimate voters voting by mail.  

Not only that but we need to be honest with ourselves about who's committing the very limited instances of voter fraud. It's not uppity negroes who work at Popeyes, it's not the hispanic lawnmowers, or any of that shit. No, the very few instances of voter fraud are being committed by those who scream loudest about it, i.e. those with a very visible skin in the game. Voter fraud, in that respect, is the new gay. If you see a politician screaming about it, chances are they're a pillow biter ballot stuffer.

And if anyone is still confused by that, please answer the following:

1. You would agree that our political system (like virtually all of them) court people who possess underhanded/unethical tendencies, would you not?
2. You would agree that the aforementioned people share a common tendency of possessing a desire to win at all costs, would you not?
3. You would agree that the people making claims of voter suppression are those most likely to vote against establishment figures, would you not?

Final question, if you agree with the first 3:

What sort of pattern of voter fraud, if any, would you expect to arise out of this when the number of those who are making claims of suppression far outweigh the number of those who claim fraud?

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Kemp just signed his own warrant with this. Between the Ossoff special election and the purge in 2018, everyone in the state will associate him with this result.

Republicans don’t care about integrity. They will shrug it off in their sheer desire to “ own the libs”.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Wanna see my shocked face?

this is all a trial run for November. Miami - Dade County, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Phoenix - Maricopa County, Austin - Travis County, Houston - Harris and surrounding counties, DFW area  and Milwauake area can ALL expect similar 'difficulties' 

pay very close attention to the WH response to all of this, it will be telling 

THIS. IS. BY. DESIGN.
This is exactly how GOP disenfranchisement plans work.

So you’re saying today’s voting machine debacle was an orchestrated attempt to suppress democrat vote? Please link your evidence. Surely you have some. You’re not just playing typical party politics with a splash of your signature histrionics right?

If there is evidence I will 100% own it and eat crow. Kemp is a boob but he’s not a criminal mastermind.

Just now, Buzzrock said:

So you’re saying today’s voting machine debacle was an orchestrated attempt to suppress democrat vote? Please link your evidence. Surely you have some. You’re not just playing typical party politics with a splash of your signature histrionics right?

If there is evidence I will 100% own it and eat crow. Kemp is a boob but he’s not a criminal mastermind.

I sincerely doubt there is any detailed plan.  It is much more generic -- "don't make it easy to vote."  That's the plan.  Buy shitty machines, implement shitty software, make sure there aren't enough machines, all that shit.  It's a general and broad approach.  Voter turnout helps dems, it hurts repubs.  So, suppress it.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I sincerely doubt there is any detailed plan.  It is much more generic -- "don't make it easy to vote."  That's the plan.  Buy shitty machines, implement shitty software, make sure there aren't enough machines, all that shit.  It's a general and broad approach.  Voter turnout helps dems, it hurts repubs.  So, suppress it.

Incompetence tempered by malevolence 

There is evidence everywhere yet someone in this thread keeps wanting MOAR evidence to showcase voter suppression in minority areas.  It’s unreal how much evidence is not enough for some people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

You would lose that bet.

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Got the King’s attention 

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

There is evidence everywhere yet someone in this thread keeps wanting MOAR evidence to showcase voter suppression in minority areas.  It’s unreal how much evidence is not enough for some people. 

200w.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Violent revolution is morally justifiable in response to this. 

Pancho I respect your passion. I’m not trying to be sarcastic or condescending at all when I say that.

Brisket, I like you. I do. But there are two Briskets and one is tougher to like than the other.

Review my posting history and please point out any inconsistencies on my part or where I was carrying water for any party. Mostly I’m fuck em all. But here’s what to know about me:

1. I do my damndest to be consistent in my thinking and how I apply it to anyone especially politicians.

2. I am on no one’s team.

3. I am, generally, a contrarian. Whenever the zeitgeist all starts to say the same thing, or someone talks about “Common sense solutions”, or “tone deaf”, my alarm bells go off. Those are code words for silencing dissent.

Granted I’ve not dug into today’s happenings because I’ve had my own (inconsequential) shit to deal with. But I do not believe there is an orchestrated attempt to suppress the minority vote in my state. More minorities have registered and voted under Kemp’s reign as SoS than in any other time in history. If he’s conspiring to suppress then he sucks at it. THAT is evidence.

If there was evidence (not anecdotes, an important distinction) of suppression before today it would have come to light. Abrams shone a bright ass light on this state, ran a helluva campaign, and damn near beat Kemp. She should be proud of that. This city is jam packed with black leaders and you best believe they would have people in court right now if there was credible evidence. Did you see Mayor Bottoms on TV? Killer Mike? Are you familiar with John Lewis? Andrew Young? They all have Bad Motherfucker embroidered on their wallets.

I understand why people get mad when politicians leverage the rules on the books that they perceive as suppression. Purging voter roles is the big one. But in my world the answer is to vote in the local politicians who will change that. My state has all sorts of fucked up laws. If you want them changed then vote in the change agents. Or run yourself. That’s the beauty of American politics to me. It’s not supposed to happen fast. It needs to be deliberate. To paraphrase Killer Mike: you have to “plot, plan, organize, strategize and mobilize.”

I’ve been drinking so I’ll shut up now. Please keep giving me things to think about.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

“I need to see more evidence of voter suppression.”

me: “again?!? Well I got you fam—AGAIN.”

Please direct your concerns to all of the parties responsible. Not just the ones you politically disagree with.

http://myfultoncountyga.org/appointed-boards-a-athorities/4075-2-board-of-registrations-a-elections

http://www.co.fulton.ga.us/rae-board-of-registration-and-elections

https://www.fultoncountyga.gov/commissioners

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Not sure if I agree or disagree politically with all the entities you listed, but I understand you're suggesting these are all the entities responsible for closing 80 polling sites in Atlanta, no?

50 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

You’d need to do the same as you’re just blaming in on local officials who happen to be Dem and not the person who was in charge of voting, locations, the shutting down of locations, etc. 

That person is a member of your party—-Republican Brian Kemp, who (weirdly enough) was the SoS and is now the Gov. 

Please don’t pull that card.  You’re smarter than that. 

With all of the actual evidence of voter suppression, the "contrarians" want to keep the burden of proof on those who keep trying to leap through the obstacles put in place against voting. No motherfuckers, the burden of proof is on YOU to give us evidence that what we see and what is supported by the evidence is not what is happening. 

33 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Not sure if I agree or disagree politically with all the entities you listed, but I understand you're suggesting these are all the entities responsible for closing 80 polling sites in Atlanta, no?

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

You’d need to do the same as you’re just blaming in on local officials who happen to be Dem and not the person who was in charge of voting, locations, the shutting down of locations, etc. 

That person is a member of your party—-Republican Brian Kemp, who (weirdly enough) was the SoS and is now the Gov. 

Please don’t pull that card.  You’re smarter than that. 

I said hold all parties responsible. You want to play the racism card for the Governor, fine. But you don't want to acknowledge local incompetence of local officials? Just blame everything on the racist governor. That's the lazy/progressive way of doing things.

Elsewhere, precincts were delayed in opening after poll managers were not given correct access codes to set up the touchscreen ballot-marking devices that print out a paper ballot with a voter's choices.

Racist Governor hiding access codes.

In DeKalb County just east of Atlanta, problems with voting machines in one precinct led officials to use backup paper provisional ballots — until those quickly ran out.

Racist Governor trashed all the provisional ballots on his day off.

Poll manager Jonathan Bames, who waited nearly four hours until the county's technical support got the voting machines online at Cross Keys High School, told Georgia Public Broadcasting that the location was equipped with only 20 provisional ballots.

Damn Racist Governor, again.

So why exactly do you need county election officials when Brian Kemp can fuck up a whole election by himself? Might as well save that money.

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s no way this guy would intentionally deprive black people of their fundamental right to vote.

The probable next POTUS wanted to deny me an equal education at the age of 3. And then plotted to lock me up when I was 22. But now he is my friend..so they say.

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yes, you did. Then didn't and suggested a whopping 80 polling sites closed was inconsequential to the point of not mentioning.

No. You read what fits into your political narrative. Same as it ever was.

Edited by Brothahorn