Voter Suppression

Pancho

Nothing to see here.  No sir.

This shit cannot stay under the radar.  They are prepping it now to be in full effect once November rolls around.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/14/postal-service-trump-dejoy-delay-mail/#click=https://t.co/dL4Kyde89l

Postmaster General and Trump donor Louis DeJoy instructed employees to leave mail behind at distribution centers as needed to avoid delaying mail carriers from completing their routes, a change from postal workers’ traditional mandate to not leave letters behind for the next day. DeJoy cited the agency’s need to cut costs, but the decision could chase away more customers and put the Postal Service in a deeper financial hole. It could also prove disastrous in November, when voters could lose access to mail-in ballots due to slow delivery. The Treasury Department has continued to hold a $10 billion emergency loan hostage until USPS gives in to Trump’s political agenda, and Congress has yet to provide additional funding.

• Like 3

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/07/16/us-supreme-court-keeps-florida-felon-voting-law-in-place-1301508

major disappointment out of Florida. 

“In her dissent, Sotomayor wrote that the Supreme Court’s order “prevents thousands of otherwise eligible voters from participating in Florida’s primary election simply because they are poor. And it allows the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit to disrupt Florida’s election process just days before the July 20 voter-registration deadline for the August primary, even though a preliminary injunction had been in place for nearly a year and a federal district court had found the State’s pay-to-vote scheme un-constitutional after an 8-day trial.”

Republicans don’t give a flying fuck.

34 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2020/07/16/us-supreme-court-keeps-florida-felon-voting-law-in-place-1301508

major disappointment out of Florida. 

“In her dissent, Sotomayor wrote that the Supreme Court’s order “prevents thousands of otherwise eligible voters from participating in Florida’s primary election simply because they are poor. And it allows the Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit to disrupt Florida’s election process just days before the July 20 voter-registration deadline for the August primary, even though a preliminary injunction had been in place for nearly a year and a federal district court had found the State’s pay-to-vote scheme un-constitutional after an 8-day trial.”

Republicans don’t give a flying fuck.

God dammit

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Nothing to see here.  No sir.

This shit cannot stay under the radar.  They are prepping it now to be in full effect once November rolls around.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/14/postal-service-trump-dejoy-delay-mail/#click=https://t.co/dL4Kyde89l

Postmaster General and Trump donor Louis DeJoy instructed employees to leave mail behind at distribution centers as needed to avoid delaying mail carriers from completing their routes, a change from postal workers’ traditional mandate to not leave letters behind for the next day. DeJoy cited the agency’s need to cut costs, but the decision could chase away more customers and put the Postal Service in a deeper financial hole. It could also prove disastrous in November, when voters could lose access to mail-in ballots due to slow delivery. The Treasury Department has continued to hold a $10 billion emergency loan hostage until USPS gives in to Trump’s political agenda, and Congress has yet to provide additional funding.

Goes without saying.....

don’t mess around this year. Mail your ballot the very next day after you get it and make sure you follow all of the rules / guidelines too.

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In case any of y'all wondered whether voting rights were dead in this country.....

At this point, there's no sane path forward that doesn't involve sharpening guillotine blades.

dude, stfu. get dotard out in november and we can start putting this back together. kinda getting tired of this all is lost bullshit

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

dude, stfu. get dotard out in november and we can start putting this back together. kinda getting tired of this all is lost bullshit

Sure, I hope we can.  I hope it works.

But know going in that we have to play twice as hard because the other team literally controls the refs, will say it's third down for us when it's really first down, all that shit.  We the people can win.  We're just going to have to overcome a state-backed apparatus that will be actively working against us.

Either way, win or lose......we need guillotines.  Treason like theirs cannot be allowed to pass.  The entire truth needs to be laid bare, and people need to go to prison.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure, I hope we can.  I hope it works.

But know going in that we have to play twice as hard because the other team literally controls the refs, will say it's third down for us when it's really first down, all that shit.  We the people can win.  We're just going to have to overcome a state-backed apparatus that will be actively working against us.

Either way, win or lose......we need guillotines.  Treason like theirs cannot be allowed to pass.  The entire truth needs to be laid bare, and people need to go to prison.

I agree with everything you said because it does not posit that everything is hopeless. it's not.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I agree with everything you said because it does not posit that everything is hopeless. it's not.

Just don't overestimate our odds.  Saving the Republic is a long-shot.

Then again, so was a Big 12 title in 1996.  That's why we play the fucking games, and we play with everything we've fucking got.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Just don't overestimate our odds.  Saving the Republic is a long-shot.

Then again, so was a Big 12 title in 1996.  That's why we play the fucking games, and we play with everything we've fucking got.

I think the thing that none of us anticipated was how many former republicans are coming out and absolutely destroying this idiot. it's one of the few encouraging developments over the last year or so. honestly, I think that's what tips it. and i think it creates a framework under which we can rebuild going forward. it's not going to be dems coming out en masse to defeat him. it's going to be hoards of pissed of conservatives that just don't abide this dude

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I think the thing that none of us anticipated was how many former republicans are coming out and absolutely destroying this idiot. it's one of the few encouraging developments over the last year or so. honestly, I think that's what tips it. and i think it creates a framework under which we can rebuild going forward. it's not going to be dems coming out en masse to defeat him. it's going to be hoards of pissed of conservatives that just don't abide this dude

I'll take their help.  Just like we welcomed Stalin wrecking Hitler's shit on the eastern front.  Shit, that won the war.

Just know that when it's done, if they go back to the low-boil fomenting of hatred and division that made Trump inevitable, they need to go, too.  I don't fucking trust anyone who was ever in any way affiliated with or sympathetic to this regime, even if for a split second.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I'll take their help.  Just like we welcomed Stalin wrecking Hitler's shit on the eastern front.  Shit, that won the war.

Just know that when it's done, if they go back to the low-boil fomenting of hatred and division that made Trump inevitable, they need to go, too.  I don't fucking trust anyone who was ever in any way affiliated with or sympathetic to this regime, even if for a split second.

then you hate my momma :(

who has since converted, btw

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Harris County Clerk has penned a letter to Abbott holding his comments about extending early voting in November by asking for a response by end of July on the expected dates.

image.thumb.jpeg.b255cf2cefcffe6e7b95a20c048d4889.jpeg

Good.  Early voting is so huge this year.  I still don't understand why anyone would wait until election day anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Harris County Clerk has penned a letter to Abbott holding his comments about extending early voting in November by asking for a response by end of July on the expected dates.

image.thumb.jpeg.b255cf2cefcffe6e7b95a20c048d4889.jpeg

It’s really not that hard Governor cripple!

Our states early voting period is a joke anyway. Lots of other states allow over a month of early voting. We’re the 2nd largest state in both size and people and our early voting period is short too?  Ridiculous.

• Like 1

Probably a question for the constitutional lawyers.  Let's say Trump manages to exclude undocumented immigrants from the census even though this is clearly unconstitutional.  The courts drag their feet, and Census 2020 is completed before SCOTUS rules against Trump some time in 2021.  What is the remedy?  Is a census retake possible?

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Probably a question for the constitutional lawyers.  Let's say Trump manages to exclude undocumented immigrants from the census even though this is clearly unconstitutional.  The courts drag their feet, and Census 2020 is completed before SCOTUS rules against Trump some time in 2021.  What is the remedy?  Is a census retake possible?

There isn’t a remedy. A better Court would fashion one, but that’s not going to happen with this court.

Texas Tribune wrote a story a couple days ago with what some impacts can be. To me, this move sounds like a red meat, get out the pocketbooks, and shore up support.

"Bottom line, the law for the Texas House and the Senate — and frankly the courts and the State Board of Education — requires it be done by total population, as does the U.S. Constitution with regard to congressional seats,” said state Rep. Phil King, a Republican from Weatherford who chairs the House Redistricting Committee.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/21/trump-undocumented-immigrants-census-redistricting/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

40 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

There isn’t a remedy. A better Court would fashion one, but that’s not going to happen with this court.

Can't wait to see our list of largest cities next year. Tyler, Little Rock, Birmingham.  NYC and LA only have 50,000 each. We counted. 

It occurs to me that Trump and DHS are sending soldiers to select cities to fight what they claim is a surge in violent crime is actually a strategy to preposition forces who will be used to intimidate voters.

I can see Trump ordering the deployed forces to heroically protect voting places from "violent anarchists" with authority to question voter about their citizenship and place of origin. Since this tactic this season may actually cause more anti-Trump voters to show up in greater numbers, the soldiers will escalate key districts into violent conflicts.

Through use of soldiers and violence, Trump can both impact the ability to vote and later claim that anarchy voids the election.

He can then try to hold onto to the office through illegal means. The House could immediately move to impeach and the lame duck Senate can solidify their advocacy of treason.

I'm really feeling shitty about the Portland actions and other deployments. They still don't seem to have cracked into the top story category on cable TV news. So many legs on which the republic stands are gimpy or fully gone, that I don't know what will happen. It's a bad feeling that there isn't a call for a national strike or some other general outcry.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It occurs to me that Trump and DHS are sending soldiers to select cities to fight what they claim is a surge in violent crime is actually a strategy to preposition forces who will be used to intimidate voters.

I can see Trump ordering the deployed forces to heroically protect voting places from "violent anarchists" with authority to question voter about their citizenship and place of origin. Since this tactic this season may actually cause more anti-Trump voters to show up in greater numbers, the soldiers will escalate key districts into violent conflicts.

Through use of soldiers and violence, Trump can both impact the ability to vote and later claim that anarchy voids the election.

He can then try to hold onto to the office through illegal means. The House could immediately move to impeach and the lame duck Senate can solidify their advocacy of treason.

I'm really feeling shitty about the Portland actions and other deployments. They still don't seem to have cracked into the top story category on cable TV news. So many legs on which the republic stands are gimpy or fully gone, that I don't know what will happen. It's a bad feeling that there isn't a call for a national strike or some other general outcry.

You're getting it.  The bolded is exactly what is going on.

Which is why the legal team (and I'm going to be working with some folks on this) needs to have TROs ready to go in every federal court in the country on and around election day. The remedy is 1) acts of voter intimidation need to be shut down, immediately, and 2) voting needs to be extended in areas where intimidation was occurring, to allow voters a fair opportunity to exercise their right to vote.

The regime is not going to allow the people (who don't agree with them) to speak via their vote.  They already aren't allowing them to speak by protest, so we know they don't give a fuck about the First Amendment (and they're happy to buttfuck the Fourth Amendment along the way).

The enemy will try to deny the American people their right to speak through the ballot box.  This is 100% certain.

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s really not that hard Governor cripple!

abbott is more mentally handicapped than physically handicapped. im curious who he copied off of to get through law school ? is getting into law school the hardest part of law school ?

15 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

abbott is more mentally handicapped than physically handicapped. im curious who he copied off of to get through law school ? is getting into law school the hardest part of law school ?

I definitely wouldn’t want him as my lawyer. 

Widespread voting by mail is going to be a challenge. Trump’s new PMG is already slowing down mail delivery and will continue to do so in order to cause mail in ballots to received past their due date, thereby invalidating those ballots.