Voter Suppression

Pancho

Sitting here watching Mississippi Burning and just damn, if it's still not a relevant movie.  Pretty much encapsulates everything currently, except the Klan creed is spoken right out  in the open. If you haven't seen it, voters are still suppressed, they still want every foreign nationality out of America because they want to protect Anglo Saxon rights and way of life and see the media as fake news. It's an amazing movie that really encapsulates the modern times as well.  

Edited by Mdhorn

And I'm at the part where they're saying (paraphrasing) that they can't turn their communities into our communities (Mississippi). Communities where negras run like rioters in the streets of Harlem, Oakland, Chicago.

Trump and Miller should be looked into for plagiarism.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 11:56 PM, Mdhorn said:

And I'm at the part where they're saying (paraphrasing) that they can't turn their communities into our communities (Mississippi). Communities where negras run like rioters in the streets of Harlem, Oakland, Chicago.

Trump and Miller should be looked into for plagiarism.  

I watch that movie every time it's on. Every time. It isn't a perfect movie, but Gailard Sartain played the sheriff very well (I'm fond of various supporting character actors and he is one of them). The themes and the attitudes in that movie are still relevant, I agree.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I just voted by mail for the first time.

I’m legit concerned my signature won’t match close enough. I so rarely sign anything, my hasty scratch when it didn’t seem to matter is fairly consistent, but when I did think it mattered (buying a house, and signing my voter registration) I went much slower and articulated each letter so it looks a lot different. I wasn’t smart enough to take a picture when I registered so I have no idea what it looks like.

Is it just me, or do we just not sign much anymore (I haven’t written a check in years and most contracts are docusign) making this a lot more prone to being an issue for younger generations who don’t sign daily like our parents did?

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Daughter just requested her absentee ballot. She’ll get it by email, print it, and then mail it back. She’s going to print it and mail it on the day she gets it. Not taking any chances with this illegal bullshit.

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

What state?

Yeah, because using the mail period feels like she’s taking a chance with this bullshit. Unless she’s still in Canada then...fingers crossed. 

20 hours ago, Lurch said:

I just voted by mail for the first time.

I’m legit concerned my signature won’t match close enough. I so rarely sign anything, my hasty scratch when it didn’t seem to matter is fairly consistent, but when I did think it mattered (buying a house, and signing my voter registration) I went much slower and articulated each letter so it looks a lot different. I wasn’t smart enough to take a picture when I registered so I have no idea what it looks like.

Is it just me, or do we just not sign much anymore (I haven’t written a check in years and most contracts are docusign) making this a lot more prone to being an issue for younger generations who don’t sign daily like our parents did?

What election?

18 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Checkmate, libtards.

I wonder if he knows what he's doing to deceive or if he's actually stupid enough to believe what he's saying. I'm inclined to assume the former but with Republicans these days it's hard to be sure. Meadows is Tea Party so he really might be that dumb. 

Lovely.   https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-new-jersey-lawsuit/trump-campaign-sues-new-jersey-after-its-decision-to-mail-ballots-in-november-election-idUSKCN25F0B4

The re-election campaign of U.S. President Donald Trump has sued New Jersey, following a decision on Friday by its Democratic governor to mail a ballot to every voter in the state for November’s elections, as well as hold in-person voting amid the coronavirus pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Conservatives, GOP candidates sue to block Texas early voting extension

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200821/conservatives-gop-candidates-sue-to-block-early-voting-extension

Defend this, GOP fans.  Defend it.

"We're just against voter fraud" (even though there's effectively zero evidence that it's a problem)

"We just oppose mail-in voting because it is subject to fraud!" (even though, again, numerous states use it, some of them universally, and your own DOTUS does it)

"We oppose extra voting!  Because....."  [come on, cowards, SAY IT.  SAY IT]  ".....we oppose letting people vote!"

The GOP is anti-democracy, anti-vote, and anti-the people.  When they tell you, out loud, who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

By the way....echoes of the immigration discussion, anyone?  Remember how, for years, it was just "we're not against immigration, just ILLEGAL immigration," and then the regime has taken measure after measure to attack and scale back LEGAL immigration?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.  Brisket remembers.  And Brisket's ballot, for the rest of his life, will remember.

A party that builds a tower of lies on a foundation of lies.  A party that DOESN'T WANT YOU TO VOTE.  The most anti-American party in modern history, right there, with its HQ's in the people's White House.

If you support this party, you oppose the Republic.  Know that.  As you go to sleep tonight, know that. You are on the wrong side of history.  History won't forget.  And we the people will never forgive.  You picked the wrong fucking side, fuckers.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Pasken said:

Conservatives, GOP candidates sue to block Texas early voting extension

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200821/conservatives-gop-candidates-sue-to-block-early-voting-extension

“This draconian order is contrary to the Texas spirit and invades the liberties the people of Texas protected in the constitution,” the lawsuit argued. “If the courts allow this invasion of liberty, today’s circumstances will set a precedent for the future, forever weakening the protections Texans sacrificed to protect.”

Wait. That quote with the word 'draconion'? That is from the people suing against an extra six days of voting due to a pandemic? So they are advocating from a position of "give Mrs Whiggins death because we won't give Mrs. Whiggins liberty?" That is mind bottling. I get your point, Brisket, but still. I know some of these dudes are lawyers, but come on man. No wait, I'm tired of using that phrase. Come on woman, get real. These old white dudes gotta sit in the corner for a long long time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

“This draconian order is contrary to the Texas spirit and invades the liberties the people of Texas protected in the constitution,” the lawsuit argued. “If the courts allow this invasion of liberty, today’s circumstances will set a precedent for the future, forever weakening the protections Texans sacrificed to protect.”

As in the people they got killed through their negligence?   

I mean, the REAL spirit of Texas involves routing despots and their hangers-on at San Jacinto. Y’all fuckers wanna go hang out next to Buffalo Bayou for a bit? Because fuck you. Run these assholes out of the state.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Defend this, GOP fans.  Defend it.

"We're just against voter fraud" (even though there's effectively zero evidence that it's a problem)

"We just oppose mail-in voting because it is subject to fraud!" (even though, again, numerous states use it, some of them universally, and your own DOTUS does it)

"We oppose extra voting!  Because....."  [come on, cowards, SAY IT.  SAY IT]  ".....we oppose letting people vote!"

The GOP is anti-democracy, anti-vote, and anti-the people.  When they tell you, out loud, who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

By the way....echoes of the immigration discussion, anyone?  Remember how, for years, it was just "we're not against immigration, just ILLEGAL immigration," and then the regime has taken measure after measure to attack and scale back LEGAL immigration?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.  Brisket remembers.  And Brisket's ballot, for the rest of his life, will remember.

A party that builds a tower of lies on a foundation of lies.  A party that DOESN'T WANT YOU TO VOTE.  The most anti-American party in modern history, right there, with its HQ's in the people's White House.

If you support this party, you oppose the Republic.  Know that.  As you go to sleep tonight, know that. You are on the wrong side of history.  History won't forget.  And we the people will never forgive.  You picked the wrong fucking side, fuckers.

You need to fit that into like 280 characters or something, right?  Like make it go viral and stuff.