Voter Suppression

Pancho

10 minutes ago, RayDog said:

I have already been through the fvap stuff and can find no way the Texas requirement for a address.

I'll try and track down official information.  Is your former Texas address in Travis county?

The form says "usually your last US residence" for address.  I will ask someone at the registration office to get complete verification if you're not confident in that.

https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/FPCAwithOMBFinal.pdf

Edited by Celery Man

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

I'll try and track down official information.  Is your former Texas address in Travis county?

The form says "usually your last US residence" for address.  I will ask someone at the registration office to get complete verification if you're not confident in that.

https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/FPCAwithOMBFinal.pdf

Yes, I lived in the 78759 and still have a valid Texas drivers license.

I really want to vote for Beto and against McCaul.

Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m sure the NC legislators will fight that court order until the day of the election with the main argument that they don’t have time.  But they’ve known since 2016 this was a likely outcome.    Should they be rewarded for intentionally refusing to act?

This was the plan when preclearance was attacked and struck down. Roberts disingenuously pretended that an adequate remedy remained, despite knowing full well that this is what would happen.

Quick but important note on Texas ID law. You can bypass the Id requirement with a copy of your voter ID card for example and it’s considered a valid form of ID. I’ve registered a few of my subcontractors so they can cash checks at banks that require a second ID.

You don’t have to have a residence and can have the card mailed wherever- abroad, homeless shelter etc.
Fill out affidavit at the polls and bring one of the following: voter ID card, original birth certificate, original utility bill, bank statement, government check, original paycheck.

I feel like this info isn’t out there and the way that the requirement was presented by the state is rather dubious.

More in voting while abroad.
http://www.votetexas.gov/military-overseas-voters/

On 8/25/2018 at 11:16 PM, RayDog said:

Yes, I lived in the 78759 and still have a valid Texas drivers license.

I really want to vote for Beto and against McCaul.

Thanks

I got a note back from the Travis county voter registration office

I have forwarded your email to County Clerk Elections to get an answer to your question.  Your questions sounds like it would be to vote through FPCA, but not sure what the eligibility requirements are.  I am waiting for their answer.

Not super helpful, maybe I'll get a response from County Clerk Elections.  I'll probably be at 5501 Airport at some point this week and will ask in person if I'm there.  I did go back and look at the FPCA

https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca2013.pdf

it says on page 2 (highlighting mine)

Screen_Shot_2018_09_02_at_8_28_01_PM.png

35 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I got a note back from the Travis county voter registration office

Not super helpful, maybe I'll get a response from County Clerk Elections.  I'll probably be at 5501 Airport at some point this week and will ask in person if I'm there.  I did go back and look at the FPCA

https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/fpca2013.pdf

it says on page 2 (highlighting mine)

Screen_Shot_2018_09_02_at_8_28_01_PM.png

Thanks for your help. The FPCA form had the answer to my question that I have to enter my last US/Texas address even though I have sold the house. I have filled out the form and will find a place to print it, then sign it, scan it and email it to Travis County. That should do it.  Now mailing the ballot back using the Philippines mail is another story.

Since my return is uncertain I will only vote in the federal races. I would love to vote Abbott out of office since he personally ordered my firing, but realistically I will probably have another chance to do that in 2022.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A review of the presidential votes cast in Texas in 2008, 2012, and 2016 by the data analysis firm Votistics found a disturbing number of duplicate registrations and multiple votes.  This means that inaccurate voter rolls are not harmless, forgivable mistakes.

According to Votistics, data provided by the Texas secretary of state indicate that 104,800 people appear to be registered more than once.  That is, the list contains thousands of name/date of birth pairs.  Of course, some cases could reflect unusual coincidences.  But most are the same person.  The State of Texas and county registrars have the information necessary to confirm duplicate registrations and remove the extra ones.

Votistics found that 2,159 of these "voting pairs" appeared to have cast ballots in the same election.  The firm found another 272 cases of registrants who lacked fully matching middle names but also apparently voted more than once, as confirmed by data matching at various commercial sites that track personal information.  While Votistics had no detailed information on these ballots, at least some of them were cast erroneously or fraudulently.

Moreover, 45,854 registrants appeared to have voted more than once in at least one general election according to the records provided by the Texas State Board of Elections.

Texas also has a problem of the dead, or presumed dead, voting.  For instance, Votistics discovered that more than 3,000 of those who cast ballots apparently were older than the world's oldest known person.  Remarkable!

In 2016 alone, nearly 800 people above the age of 100 appear to have voted, most of them in person.  Either the location of the Fountain of Youth is a few hundred miles off, or there's a lot of voter impersonation going on.  Regardless of whether these ballots were fraudulent, the secretary of state should lead a determined effort to fix election rolls across the state.

The problems are systemic.  The American Civil Rights Union (ACRU) has been reviewing the role of inaccurate registration lists across the country.  In Texas, 39 counties have more people registered than the number eligible to vote.  One of the worst offenders is Starr County, with roughly 16 percent more registrants than qualified residents.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/09/houston_we_have_a_problem.html

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

A link to the study is conspicuously absent from that column.

I tried going to the source but a google search of “Votistics” only pulls up this article and other places citing/sourcing this article.

Well damn.  I can't find any reference to Votistics aside from copies of that article either.  Might be made up nonsense.  The author is on the policy board of the ACRU which appears to be a legit organization sponsoring watchdog efforts on election fraud, so I'm not really sure what to make of it.

J. Kenneth Blackwell is a contributing editor for the conservative news and opinion site Townhall.com and his columns frequently appear in The Washington TimesNew York Post, and National Review Online. Mr. Blackwell’s public service includes terms as Mayor of Cincinnati, Undersecretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Human Rights Commission. In 1994, he became the first African-American to hold statewide office in Ohio when he was elected Treasurer of State. He subsequently was elected to two terms as Secretary of State. In 2006, he was nominee for Governor of Ohio. He holds Bachelor of Science and Master of Education degrees from Xavier University in Ohio.

https://www.theacru.org/policy-board/

Edited by bernorange

It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if numerous people are double registered. I was somehow double registered in Travis County for like 5 years and it caused a ruckus every time I went to vote.

People frequently move, die, change names, etc., so voter rolls are always going to have numerous errors unless government starts tracking people’s movements to a degree that I know you’re uncomfortable with bern.

6 hours ago, DanRydell said:

A link to the study is conspicuously absent from that column.

I tried going to the source but a google search of “Votistics” only pulls up this article and other places citing/sourcing this article.

The arrogance of calling your blog "American Thinker" suggests to me that you might not be quite the thinker you'd like to think you are. An unsourced article? The hell you say. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MixtyMotions said:

The Senate vote this afternoon will be an unusually effective voter suppression tactic.  It'll have liberals curled up in the fetal position for months.

Are you fucking serious?  You think THIS is what depresses democrat turn out? 

I knew you were out of touch but my god this is rich.  We’ve seen everything already from this GOP.

Kids in cages, Puerto Rico relief negligence, school shootings, conspiracy to cover up treason, overt widespread corruption from the NRA being infiltrated by Russian spies to AT&T paying off Micheal Cohen for access and influence, love for Nazis, and falling in love with North Korea’s brutal dictator.  Zero accountability from party leaders for any of this shit.

Kavanaugh is nothing compared to the shit we’ve already seen. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Georgia had a problem a few days ago at the DDS (which coincidentally is how most people get registered to vote) and were supposed to stay open over this past weekend. Also this is how you effectively win an election in the state with the largest black population and especially if you know your likely opponent is black,

https://thinkprogress.org/lawsuit-georgia-voter-purge-5fa87974e30a/

Protip for the "it's okay to remove people from voter rolls, people move out of state/etc all the time you Dim!!" When your purge of over 700,000 voters WHO HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOTICE disproportionately affects minorities we're going to call bullshit.

32 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

To build off previous post.... how it works.

This is the foundation of the GOP plan to stay in power.  Make no mistake about it.   Create some requirement that they can disingenuously claim is "race neutral," yet is clearly targeted to disenfranchise any demographic group that is likely to skew anti-GOP.

Get power.

Remove the mechanisms that could remove you from power.

I love that the GOP types rant against government tyranny....then cheer as their leaders run plays out of the first chapter of the tyranny handbook.

Edited by Brisketexan

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This is the foundation of the GOP plan to stay in power.  Make no mistake about it.   Create some requirement that they can disingenuously claim is "race neutral," yet is clearly targeted to disenfranchise any demographic group that is likely to skew anti-GOP.

Get power.

Remove the mechanisms that could remove you from power.

I love that the GOP types rant agaisnt government tyranny....then cheer as their leaders run plays out of the first chapter of the tyranny handbook.

He may not have cast a vote on this, but Kavanaugh was furiously jerking off under his robe.  Dude fucking hates natives and doesn't think they deserve rights.