Anyone use Robocall Blocker Apps?

I occasionally get a spam call here and there, but nothing too significant. My wife gets several a day, and it's extremely frustrating for her, because she's often taking care of our infant son, and doesn't want to be disturbed while working with him, or taking a nap. She just texted me a screenshot showing she got 7 of these calls in the last 3 hours, so we need to do something about it. She's had the same phone number for about 10 years, so maybe it's time to change it, but I don't think that will help much. 

I have seen stories on robo/spam call blocking apps, but haven't tried any myself. A quick search of the app store shows dozens of these things, many with near 5 star rating. Has anyone tried using any apps they would recommend? Have you experienced any changes in the amount of calls you get?

My wife is looking for something that disconnects the call before it even rings your phone, rather than the funny apps that screw with the person on the other end by playing sounds, talking to them or whatever. 

Yeah, I signed up for the AT&T deal a few weeks ago and haven't gotten a spam call since.  You have to do it from your account on their website or over the phone.  You also have to have a relatively newer iphone to be elibible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, I signed up for the AT&T deal a few weeks ago and haven't gotten a spam call since.  You have to do it from your account on their website or over the phone.  You also have to have a relatively newer iphone to be elibible.

My dumbass thought it was automatically in use since it's in the ATT folder.  Just activated it.  Many positive internets to you, good sir

4 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

The At&t one works pretty well if on that service. I also use Nomorobo app, used to get about 20 a day, now I get one or two a day. 

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I've been using a free one from AT&T called Call Protect for a few months now.

So far, so good.   Until the next SOB from Russia or India figures out how to bypass it.  

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Truecaller (trucaller?) is good, a little "addy,"  Hiya looks very nice and works fine.

The ATT one is just rebranded hiya.

New phone number won't help.  Because they're not targeting a specific person - they're just carpet bombing everywhere.  Or, even if they're targeting a person, your new number might very well just inherit that target.

My years-long secondary number, that I give out to pretty much nobody, has become victim of robocalls and robotexts coincident with the epidemic.  I recently got another line (for data roaming), and that number which is new to me, also receive various spam call.

It seems pretty much, you might want to use the phone feature to disable all call notifications except from known contacts.  Then to cover legitimate human non-contacts, instruct in the voicemail to SMS or email or something else.  If whoever needs to reach you can't be bothered to do that, then they probably didn't need to reach you.