2019 PGA Championship @ Bethpage Black

Wally Fairway

If you are looking for someone to root for - here is a reason you can root for Rory

Dicks & Golf Galaxy have teamed up with Taylormade and you can win a M5 or M6 driver if Rory wins
https://www.golfgalaxy.com/s/rorywins

Sure it says refund, but the fine print says no purchase necessary

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal US residents age 18+. Void where prohibited. Limit one free driver per person/mailing address, regardless of number of drivers purchased or method of entry. Purchases must be made no later than 5/15/19. Valid on in-store purchases of new product only. While supplies last; no rain checks given. Free driver is fulfilled through a refund of the purchase price and applicable sales tax up to $599, in the form of a check or prepaid debit card, as determined by TaylorMade or its representatives in their sole discretion, approximately 60 days after receipt and verification of refund request. Refund requests (including copy of purchase receipt) must be postmarked no later than 5/30/19 and received by 6/5/19. For complete promotion details, including alternate ways to participate, see terms and conditions in store or at dicks.com/rorywins or golfgalaxy.com/rorywins. Promotion sponsor: TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc.

So just go to a Dicks or Golf Galaxy and pick up an entry form, fill it out, mail it in, and get a new driver if Rory wins.

That said - go Jordan!

Change in the schedule, due to moving the Tour Championship earlier, moved the Players back to Match and the The PGA Championship to May.

It fits better because last year with the PGA, a WGC, then the playoffs guys were playing like 6 out of 7 weeks, even more for the Ryder Cup teams.

So they decided to rearrange the season and get a break in the schedule later in the year

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 2:57 PM, Wally Fairway said:

If you are looking for someone to root for - here is a reason you can root for Rory

Dicks & Golf Galaxy have teamed up with Taylormade and you can win a M5 or M6 driver if Rory wins
https://www.golfgalaxy.com/s/rorywins

Sure it says refund, but the fine print says no purchase necessary

So just go to a Dicks or Golf Galaxy and pick up an entry form, fill it out, mail it in, and get a new driver if Rory wins.

That said - go Jordan!

Go Rory. 

Just kidding. Does Tiger remember how to play golf? Go Tiger.

41 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Change in the schedule, due to moving the Tour Championship earlier, moved the Players back to Match and the The PGA Championship to May.

It fits better because last year with the PGA, a WGC, then the playoffs guys were playing like 6 out of 7 weeks, even more for the Ryder Cup teams.

So they decided to rearrange the season and get a break in the schedule later in the year

Gracias

Past champ John Daly applies for and was given a waiver to use a golf cart to get around the course this week. Fun fact: this is a walking course, no cart paths. Will be interesting to see how much if any airtime he gets.

When asked today about the cart waiver for Daly in his press conference, Tiger said he walked a course with a broken leg. And then he smiled.

They haven’t hit a full swing shot in 45 mins because of the shuttle time to 10th tee

Yeah the setup is tough for groups going off 10 especially at 57 degrees and early start time. That part of the course is just about the longest distance from the clubhouse and first tee.

Tiger misses first fairway, has to pitch out, then blasts approach shot over the green. Not the best start.

I’m not sure he had to pitch out. Seems like he might have taken a conservative approach and it bit him

I’m not sure he had to pitch out. Seems like he might have taken a conservative approach and it bit him

I was busy and missed that shot, so I didn’t see the lie. I’ve played the course a bunch of times and attended the US Open at Bethpage. So many times when guys end up in the rough off the tee, they just walk up, take 5 seconds to look at the lie and then grab a sand wedge and pitch it out. Let’s see if this setup is similar to how it was for the Open. Supposedly the fairways are just as narrow.

6 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I was busy and missed that shot, so I didn’t see the lie. I’ve played the course a bunch of times and attended the US Open at Bethpage. So many times when guys end up in the rough off the tee, they just walk up, take 5 seconds to look at the lie and then grab a sand wedge and pitch it out. Let’s see if this setup is similar to how it was for the Open. Supposedly the fairways are just as narrow.

He was in the 1st cut not the primary rough. He had a shot.

5 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Koepka another birdie on 1 now has the lead at 4 under.

Great score for Koepka.... not a very popular player though.

Wonder if he partners up with Patrick Reed in next Ryder Cup??

Edited by LTtxfan

23 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great score for Koepka.... not a very popular player though.

Wonder if he partners up with Patrick Reed in next Ryder Cup??

I've never gotten the sense that Koepka is disliked the way Reed is.  People actively hate Reed.  With the exception of Brandel Chamblee, I think a lot of people are just "meh" with Koepka because he seems so robotic and lacks personality.  But damn he shows up at majors.