2019 PGA Championship @ Bethpage Black

Wally Fairway

7 minutes ago, housious said:

Let's hope not. He could easily make this a boring weekend with a great round today. 

If he does then he deserves to make it boring. I am hoping he course is a little harder this afternoon and we tighten up the leaderboard. 

Tiger is being giant thumbed into the ground right now by Koepka.  It might be different if he wasn't playing with him, but I believe he's a little rattled seeing Brooks waltz through this course like Astaire in a dance movie.  It's like he's seeing himself 15 years ago.  Not that Tiger is going to come anywhere near winning this (he's on the cut line right now), but man he's getting ground into the dirt by playing with probably the best golfer in the world right now.  

Of course it could change (sugar runs and all) but man, it's brutal right now.

the no laying up tweet nailed it...

he's the 99 player you create in a video game and then simulate all the non-major tourneys.  he's the tom herman of golf.  he beats georgia and tulsa by exactly the same score.

RMS Tigertanic.

Like Jack, he has a special thing with Augusta, and it's possible that he'll get even one more before he sinks into non-competitiveness.  Maybe possibly a British.

But this is the way it's gonna go for Tiger more or less from now on... too much youth.

He almost won the last 2 majors last year and won the first one this year. He’ll contend in quite a few more the next few years. He enjoyed this win and I’m not sure he ever prepared to give this one a real shot. He didn’t even go to the course on Wednesday. 

Pebble will be a different story. 

34 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

RMS Tigertanic.

Like Jack, he has a special thing with Augusta, and it's possible that he'll get even one more before he sinks into non-competitiveness.  Maybe possibly a British.

But this is the way it's gonna go for Tiger more or less from now on... too much youth.

I seriously doubt that. Tiger is the best iron player in the world, right now. This course is a nightmare for him with narrow fairways and penalizing rough. 

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Jordan is probably playing in the last group with Brooks. He needs to play real slow and maybe get under Koepka’s skin and hope he hits him and gets DQ. It’s his only chance.

Still hoping Brook's Waffle House girl breaks his mojo..