The confluence of sports and politics: the WH visit

Bullneck

12 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He does realize they were there b/c they WON the World Series...right?  So, when they visited Dotard, the were WS champs.  Now they're 3rd in their division.  Sounds like the opposite to me. 

Then I'm all for more Sox visits. Let's get the Yankees there post haste as well.

Sports should be completely apolitical, although I realize that's not possible in the real world.

Champions shouldn't visit the White House or the Governor's Mansion, politicians shouldn't be at sporting events, we shouldn't sing the national anthem before sports events (Why do we do that? It makes no sense.), governors shouldn't bet each other on the outcome of games (leave that to the university presidents), etc.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Sports should be completely apolitical, although I realize that's not possible in the real world.

Champions shouldn't visit the White House or the Governor's Mansion, politicians shouldn't be at sporting events, we shouldn't sing the national anthem before sports events (Why do we do that? It makes no sense.), governors shouldn't bet each other on the outcome of games (leave that to the university presidents), etc.

Agreed.

America's Men: "KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY SPORTS!"

*sheds a single tear as the national anthem ends and F-18s go screaming overhead before a bunch of minorities go play for the entertainment of their white owners*

Edited by bad_teammate

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

My understanding is that the national anthem started getting played at sporting events in WWII...and just never stopped.  Kind of like God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch (so ill-placed imo).  

I really do not get the idea of turning down an invitation to the White House by the president no matter who the president is.  I'm sure you get a more detailed tour than the regular tourists do and the history and the architecture of the building itself would be well worth the visit no matter what your politics or the politics of the president is.  I disagree with practically everything Obama did but I would have never turned down an invitation from him to go to the White House.  You are getting an invitation to the President's home and office.  You are not being nominated for a cabinet position in his administration.  Leave your fucking politics at the door you fucktards.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 5/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

I respect peoples reasons for not visiting the WH, but it's not supposed to be a political thing.  

The White House is not about business.

The White House is not about art.

I wonder what it could be about?

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I really do not get the idea of turning down an invitation to the White House by the president no matter who the president is.  I'm sure you get a more detailed tour than the regular tourists do and the history and the architecture of the building itself would be well worth the visit no matter what your politics or the politics of the president is.  I disagree with practically everything Obama did but I would have never turned down an invitation from him to go to the White House.  You are getting an invitation to the President's home and office.  You are not being nominated for a cabinet position in his administration.  Leave your fucking politics at the door you fucktards.

The simplest way to explain it to you (a good idea) is "Lay down with dogs, wake up with fleas."

Trump is a horrible human being, dismantling our democracy, and destroying as much of our environment at probably the most critical time in history.  Sox manager Cora is from Puerto Rico, which has been on the receiving end of Trump's hateful tendencies.  Why would you think he'd go hang with Trump?  

Why do people insist on behaving as if visiting the White House was ever an issue before the current resident arrived there?  All the old creedos and behaviors associated with White House visits simply no longer apply with him there. It remains to be seen if things return to normal after he leaves. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Why do people insist on behaving as if visiting the White House was ever an issue before the current resident arrived there?  All the old creedos and behaviors associated with White House visits simply no longer apply with him there. It remains to be seen if things return to normal after he leaves. 

I remember the good old days, when Dems would have orgies and get blow jobs from interns in the White House. Grow up loser.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Athletes have been refusing to go to the WH long before trump.  Jordan, Bird, etc.  and it’s been been against presidents from both sides.  I believe Pujols skipped meeting Bush and Obama. 

I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to be a political prop. They’re not being invited to the WH for a private tour. They’re only there for political reasons so if you’re strongly opposed to the president’s politics, why go. 

I would go to the WH in a heartbeat if I was invited but I would pass on meeting trump.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

You don't salute the soldier. You salute the rank.

And he degraded the rank. Come on. He doesn’t understand tariffs, he shits on POWs, on gold star families, on take your pick of our institutions. At some point we need to accuse the soldier and take back the rank  because we believe in ideals and not the people who temporarily degrade them.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 4 weeks later...