FUUUUCK YOU CANCER

txhorns

Once again cancer can go fuck itself with a rusty sword.  A good friend's 2 year old son was taken to the ER yesterday morning because he couldn't sleep, wouldn't eat or drink anything and couldn't use his leg.  Turns out the little guy has a tumor on his brain stem.  Was rushed to Cook's Childrens Hospital in Fort Worth last night. He is already in surgery this morning. So that tumor can go fuck itself.  That shit shouldn't happen to a fun 2 year old kid who plays with my son all of the time.  Sorry for my mini rant here just wanted to say fuck you on this matter.

P.S. if anyone knows a good florist/gift shop in that area please let me know so I can send the kid a little something.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

God, childhood cancer is the absolute worst. Probably my biggest fear. 

I’d get him some books (or something he can play with in a hospital bed) instead of flowers. 

-signed father of a 2 year old. 

Yeah I was going to try to send flowers for the mom and then books/toys/stuffed animals/snacks for ghe kid.  I just live 2 hours away so don't know what places down there would have and deliver all of that.

Fuck that sucks.

Also, when the kid gets better and recovers (that's the only possible outcome I choose to acknowledge), family and friends should pitch in for a weekend "getaway" for mom and dad. There's no way they'll be willing to go far from him now but just a local hotel and tickets to a show or something. Maybe they won't want to for years and years but it seems almost certain that they're not going to get so much as 5 minutes of good sleep for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Fuck that sucks.

Also, when the kid gets better and recovers (that's the only possible outcome I choose to acknowledge), family and friends should pitch in for a weekend "getaway" for mom and dad. There's no way they'll be willing to go far from him now but just a local hotel and tickets to a show or something. Maybe they won't want to for years and years but it seems almost certain that they're not going to get so much as 5 minutes of good sleep for the foreseeable future.

I thought for sure you were going to say he should take over the London team in the WBA.

Fuck cancer 1000%. My 2 yr old nephew was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in April 2018. We took in my nieces so my sister and BIL could stay at the hospital with him for the first 36 days of treatment. Flowers were great and all but they got sick of hospital food quick so gift cards to places that deliver nearby or just bringing up homemade meals was huge. My advice is to stay as positive as you can around them. There were a few occasions they moved my nephew to ICU and it got pretty dicey but he pulled through like a champ and has been in remission since March of this year. Just be the best support system for them that you can be. 

• Like 7

Is it definitely a cancerous tumor?  Some brain tumors are benign and are just in bad places - like the brain stem.  I can't imagine dealing with serious health issues with a child.  Wishing for a speedy recovery and strength for the parents.

I just got a message that visitation has been cut off to a buddy with an inoperable tumor on his brain stem. He probably won't make it to mother's day.  They're asking for pictures for his celebration of life. FUCK CANCER!

• Like 1

This is about the 4th story in the past 2 weeks I have heard or dealt with personally that put my problems that are in my life in perspective.  My life is a fucking fairy tale of a life and while I have issues to tackle they are nothing compared to most.

God bless that little guy and his family.

Edited by Moby Ric
  • Like 1

Fuck. That's terrible to fucking here, and as the father of an almost 18 month old, it's fucking terrifying, as others have said. I can't imagine a world where he's not smiling and playing, and I'd love to be sheltered from a world where his friends can get ill as well. Fuck Cancer, and best wishes to the kid and his family. 

Well, close to home and all that.  @Llano Estacado, @utxmike05, and I all got word this AM that the 3-4 year old son of a friend of ours got diagnosed with a rare lung cancer.  

This shit took one my closest friends at 42 almost 2 years ago now. Tired of this. As a father of 3 young ones, I can’t even imagine.   

Prayers for little man. 

• Like 2

FWIW, I've got a brother in law that has a large vertical scar on the back of his head/neck where they removed a tumor when he was 3 years old.  He's an adult now without any issues stemming from that issue.  I hope your friend's son has a similar experience of success.

• 1 month later...

From an Alabama board. No one had any idea. Posted today. Sad.

"It won't be long now". Doc took me off my treatment schedule. Told me to enjoy myself and get my salvation tight. First part is easy. God and I still haggle over the second part. He said I haven't made it easy on him. He's had to set up a field office for my case.

Anyway, I'm good. Thanks for all the laughs over the years. Y'all are some funny ******s. I've met a lot of nice people here. Several have become very dear friends. You know who you are.

I hate to think the last Bama game I saw was the Clemson debacle. Oh well, I got A- Day on DVR.

Anyway, y'all take it easy and hopefully we will see each other on the other side.

"Let us cross over the river and rest under the shade of the trees"~Lt. Gen. Thomas Jonathan Jackson

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I hope the little guy is doing well.  And I hope cancer gets fucked.

So I mixed the age up with his daughter (our kids are the same age) so little man is 7. He’s doing his best to kick its ass. The whole thing is a damn shame I wouldn’t wish on anyone. 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:49 AM, Anastasis said:

f cancer in its rotten asshole.  Found out yesterday that the older brother of one of my son's preschool friends just got diagnosed. 

So I can at least provide a good update on this one. NHL. Cancer free after treatment. Cancer ended up his bitch. Hope it stays that way. 

• Like 2

A huge Longhorn fan passed away today. Fucking pancreatic cancer. Brian Bryant was a research professor in UT’s Department of Special Education. Over the last 40 years, he rarely missed a home football game and attended a lot of away games. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 12:39 AM, HornPhD said:

A huge Longhorn fan passed away today. Fucking pancreatic cancer. Brian Bryant was a research professor in UT’s Department of Special Education. Over the last 40 years, he rarely missed a home football game and attended a lot of away games. 

Brian was my Dad and thanks for posting this. He loved everything UT and we will miss him. Hook'Em and Fuck Cancer!

HornPhD, PM me if you don't mind.

• Like 7

On 5/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, Chilly Water said:

Fuck cancer 1000%. My 2 yr old nephew was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia in April 2018. We took in my nieces so my sister and BIL could stay at the hospital with him for the first 36 days of treatment. Flowers were great and all but they got sick of hospital food quick so gift cards to places that deliver nearby or just bringing up homemade meals was huge. My advice is to stay as positive as you can around them. There were a few occasions they moved my nephew to ICU and it got pretty dicey but he pulled through like a champ and has been in remission since March of this year. Just be the best support system for them that you can be. 

Friend's nephew had that a few years back. Complete recovery, now kicking ass in little league and soccer. Peace and love to your nephew and OP's friend.

• Like 2