‘Anyone else do this?’ thread

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

WTF - you carry actual cash money? and enough of it that you have to sort it.....this must have turned into the this is how I know you are an old thread.

I typically carry 1 bill, either a 10 or a 20, I use a money clip and if I need to use it the change takes me about a week to spend.

I usually have about $100 on me, I'll take 300 when I travel (in case CC gets shit out, etc.)

I also keep a $100 bill in my center console.  

13 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:
WTF - you carry actual cash money? and enough of it that you have to sort it.....this must have turned into the this is how I know you are an old thread.
I typically carry 1 bill, either a 10 or a 20, I use a money clip and if I need to use it the change takes me about a week to spend.

I carry cash because I’m a fucking grown-ass man. No fucking way I’m using a card to purchase a pack of gum.

Also, because I’m a grown ass man, I tip people in cash when tipping is appropriate. Like valets, etc. A waiter a waitress in a restaurant, sure I will pay the tip with the card if I’m using a card

Small transactions I always pay in cash. Always.

EDIT:  I'm thinking of the purchases that I made today.  I can't imagine surviving without cash.  

Here's what I bought today:

1) Coffee from McDonalds.  A buck plus tax.  Only a jerkoff uses a card for that

2). Gas for the car.  Paid at the pump with a card.

3) Bouquet of flowers for the GF, from the sweet mexican lady that sells beautiful flowers from a roadside stand.  Cash only.

4) Avocados from the fruit stand.  Cash only.

5) Co-pay at the doc for a minor thing.  I used a card at the self-service kiosk.

6) Arbys for lunch.  Cash

7) 12 pack of ice cold bud light at the bodega.  Cash. Maybe they take a card, I don't know, because who the fuck uses a card at a bodega? 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 5

Anyone else fart as they do a pirouette in front of the toilet as they are sitting down to shit?  I typically hold my shit until the last possible moments so I'll rush in the bathroom, undoing my belt/pants as i'm walking in the bathroom.  As i approach the front of the shitter I'll drop my pants, spin ass toward the hole, and sit at the same time.  I ALWAYS let out a fart as I'm spinning which means I effectively am farting in my own face because my ass level (pre-sit) is at my face level (post sit).  Basically an appetizer to what the shit is going to smell like.  If I have a rank fart and a floater then I might courtesy flush because that is just asking for trouble

Onnna dese days dat fart gonna be shart and then

06119fc35274c39c92b602ae06d24ecf.gif

On 5/7/2019 at 12:44 AM, Longhorn Al said:

When a tv or radio has a volume setting with numbers, I have to go up or down by 5s.

I always stop on a number that corresponds with a uniform number for one of my favorite players, or I avoid a number for someone I hate. My TV is usually on 20 (Barry Sanders, Mike Schmidt). If I don't have a certain number in mind, I always stop on a 5 or 0. So when I watch GoT, it's on 30 so I can drown out my wife and the dogs.

I microwave things that way as well. Fuck 75 seconds for this breakfast biscuit, I'm going 80 for Jerry Rice.

Not have a debit card.

My last debit card expired in 2015.  I use cash on a fairly regular basis as I live in a small town and lots of places (ok, just bars) are still cash only, but when I need it, it's not that hard to make time to swing by the bank.

I use a credit card with travel rewards for all of my daily purchasing and just pay it off every month.  The only point for me to have a debit card is for emergency cash when travelling, and I always take cash out before travelling, negating the need for the debit card.  If something happens and I lose my wallet/card while out and about, I'd rather clear fraudulent charges off a line of credit than try to get actual money in the bank returned.

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I carry cash because I’m a fucking grown-ass man. No fucking way I’m using a card to purchase a pack of gum.

Also, because I’m a grown ass man, I tip people in cash when tipping is appropriate. Like valets, etc. A waiter a waitress in a restaurant, sure I will pay the tip with the card if I’m using a card

EDIT:  I'm thinking of the purchases that I made today.  I can't imagine surviving without cash.  

1) Coffee from McDonalds.  A buck plus tax.  Only a jerkoff uses a card for that

3) Bouquet of flowers for the GF, from the sweet mexican lady that sells beautiful flowers from a roadside stand.  Cash only.

5) Co-pay at the doc for a minor thing.  I used a card at the self-service kiosk.

7) 12 pack of ice cold bud light at the bodega.  Cash. Maybe they take a card, I don't know, because who the fuck uses a card at a bodega? 

Every time I start to think like you and think I should get cash and do it your way instead of getting airline miles for every dollar I spend, I end the evening with a pocket full of loose coins from all the transactional change throughout the day and I remember why cards are king for me.

Edited by Rougarou

My bathroom has a light over the shower.  I turn it on and it emits a very low light in the rest of the bathroom.  Perfect for the middle of the night.
Middle of the night?  Yeah.  Leave the lights off and sit to piss.  No brainer.
Barbarians. Install this motion detector and have your bowl light up a shade of blue or burnt orange for the middle of night piss.
478f70765458561a257c358a0978d91b.jpg

Not have a debit card.
My last debit card expired in 2015.  I use cash on a fairly regular basis as I live in a small town and lots of places (ok, just bars) are still cash only, but when I need it, it's not that hard to make time to swing by the bank.
I use a credit card with travel rewards for all of my daily purchasing and just pay it off every month.  The only point for me to have a debit card is for emergency cash when travelling, and I always take cash out before travelling, negating the need for the debit card.  If something happens and I lose my wallet/card while out and about, I'd rather clear fraudulent charges off a line of credit than try to get actual money in the bank returned.

Admit it...you cash your paycheck.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Every time I start to think like you and think I should get cash and do it your way instead of getting airline miles for every dollar I spend, I end the evening with a pocket full of loose coins from all the transactional change throughout the day and I remember why cards are king for me.

Exactly.  I end up with so much loose change, because when I carry cash, I don't also carry a change purse to make exact payments.  And then the change ends up somewhere, who knows, usually my kids pilfer it.  So I basically effectively round everything up using cash.

2 hours ago, DaysOff said:

Barbarians. Install this motion detector and have your bowl light up a shade of blue or burnt orange for the middle of night piss.
478f70765458561a257c358a0978d91b.jpg

Great.  Just what I need.  Something else to piss on.  I don't have any issue sitting down for middle of the night, half asleep pisses . . . other than having to have the wherewithall to keep my dong from dropping down into the water.

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

You must really hate rewards points.