Blinded by the Light

Beau Vine

4 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

I thought the song was about starting a car engine. I don't know a lot about cars.

the song title is literal.  a carburetor blew up in a guy’s face while he was working under the hood.  burned out his retinas and he wrote a song about it.  true story. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a wonderful movie.  Some of y'all will hate this.  If you can't sit back and ignore the corny and overly silly parts and just enjoy, then you have no soul.

Great performances by the main kid, his dad, and his mom.  This movie is just a flat-out joy.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, Beau Vine said:

Just a wonderful movie.  Some of y'all will hate this.  If you can't sit back and ignore the corny and overly silly parts and just enjoy, then you have no soul.

Great performances by the main kid, his dad, and his mom.  This movie is just a flat-out joy.  

All of this. Every single word. Glad I saw it in the theatre (only downside was there were other people at my showing, so I couldn’t sing out loud). 

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, Beau Vine said:

Saw this last night.  Agree very much with this post.  Can't recommend highly enough.