Houston, we have a hooker problem.

HenryJames

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Lol at slorch trusting colors on a map on the internet over people who fucking live there.  Texas Tech, indeed.

Indeed.  I’ve never worked these areas at all.  Ever.

Just rolled with shit I made up...I thought it sounded good.

LOLz even more at folks touting the ‘more desirable’ Parts of Houston. As if paying more property taxes is the apex of human development.  Never mind the robberies and shootings...

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Indeed.  I’ve never worked these areas at all.  Ever.

Just rolled with shit I made up...I thought it sounded good.

LOLz even more at folks touting the ‘more desirable’ Parts of Houston. As if paying more property taxes is the apex of human development.  Never mind the robberies and shootings...

I know this might come as a shock to you, but "most desirable" means something different to everyone, and is not always synonymous with "least crime."

I fully understand that these areas are not desirable to you, but it is absolutely accurate to describe them as desirable to the majority of the rest of the population.

As an aside, the two years I lived in these terrible, crime-infested shitholes were two of the best of my life and I shockingly never even got mugged once!

Edited by Chuckie Finster

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

As an aside, the two years I lived in these terrible, crime-infested shitholes were two of the best of my life and I shockingly never even got mugged once!

You're dooooomed now. 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:29 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I started to make a map, but then I realized I have been drinking too much to do that.  But yeah, anyone wanting to live in the city proper, let's call that inside the beltway, is going to pay at a minimum $400,000 to do so.  Even then, some of those neighborhoods don't have good schools and you will have to do magnet programs or private school.  If you look at the map, it is essentially West Houston, but even then, it is hardly a contiguous area.  For instance Bellaire is nice, but Gulfton is a shithole.  Oak Forest is nice, but Acres Homes and Independence Heights are shit.  Essentially anything east of 45 inside the beltway is shit (yeah, a couple of pockets in the near northside and east Houston are ok...again, schools).  All I am saying is, massive parts of Houston's footprint are places where most folks, if they had the choice, would not want to raise a family.  And the places that are good, are out of the reach the vast majority of the population.  Houston is a prosperous city, but the dichotomy of rich and poor is massive. 

I feel like the good areas inside the loop are expanding though.  There are so many neighborhoods now with nice homes that were absolute crack dens 25 years ago.  

On 5/4/2019 at 10:07 PM, NowThis said:

the west side isn't what it used to be, and it wasn't great 20-30 years ago either. Houston City Limits is indeed a place to avoid unless you are a millionaire in Memorial.  The burbs - Katy and Woodlands are decent. Feel sorry for the middle class who has to commute 25-30 miles into Houston for jobs. 

I don’t agree with this at all.  There are so many areas close in now where well to do people live that were terrible 30 years ago.  See the area north of NRG, Braes heights, the Heights, Garden Oaks, Montrose, Rice Military, Oak Forest, Willowbend, EaDo, Riverside Terrace, etc.  

good places inside the loop are expanding. Not contracting.  Was the opposite 30-40 years ago.  

• Like 1

There is a lot of bad information being thrown around in this thread.

I grew up on the West side of Houston in the 70s/80's and it was a great place to grow up.  We weren't Memorial, but not Alief either.

The house I grew up in is currently on the market for $335K.  About $150K more than what my folks sold it for in 09..

Living in Montrose now, some of you sound like the scared old ladies on my nextdoor app, talking about how bad the crime is.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nivek said:

From 2010 to 2019 there have been some changes to my neighborhood.  There are little kids, bikes, families outside and a private security firm that patrols the neighborhood, and the 1940s era homes are being replaced by huge homes and property values have risen significantly.  The crime I worry about most relates to oblivious dipshits speeding down neighborhood streets.   

I know you tend to think in binary but there is a pretty wide gulf between Brazillian Flavellas and Shangri La.   I believe the recent report on Houston in general that violent crime is down 10%  from 2017-2018 and that overall crime is down about 4.5%.  

Nice binary shot.  Fuck off with the backhanded condescension.

Houston has a crime rate 6X the rate of Texas as a whole.  What's not to like?

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/tx/houston/crime

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Houston's crime index is 4. San Antonio's crime index is 4. Dallas is 9. Austin is 11.

According to that site Los Angeles is safer than Austin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, demos said:

It’ll all be good once the next hurricane comes through and finally washes out all the poors.

Hurricane?   Out here in Still Pissed Off We Got Annexed Kingwood, a shit ton of rain is taking it's toll.    Something like 9" today.   Looks like we're taking the length.

Can we get back to posting pics of street walking Houston hoes?  Makes me appreciate my marriage.

I’m about tapped out. Here is a nice morsel:

6wV2sv4u_o.jpeg

And another one of this gal. I didn’t have my telephoto lens, so the quality of the image is poor. But I think most (excluding Vic) are grateful for that. But it is a sad story. My buddy and I were rolling through the nickel and see this gal fighting with who we assume was her pimp. He bloodied up her face pretty bad but ran away. Not much we could do because we didn’t know if he was armed. She ran Waco St, hoe skirt riding up and showing everything to the world. She flagged down a car hysterically and jumped in.

uBHx67fx_o.jpeg

Title says Houston hookers.  Hoes in the ghetto are not the first thing that come to my mind but i digress.  I haz sad.   

Have you ever gotten off the freeway in this city? That’s my point, most of Houston is ghetto. In ghettos you get hoes.

For the other, just walk around the galleria.

Have you ever gotten off the freeway in this city? That’s my point, most of Houston is ghetto. In ghettos you get hoes.

For the other, just walk around the galleria.

Everything ok? It seems you’ve come to really hate the city recently.

Everything ok? It seems you’ve come to really hate the city recently.

Things are fine. It’s always been a love/hate thing with Houston. I was born and raised here. There are many great things about Houston and I already mentioned there is amazing food here as well as job opportunities. But the sprawling ghettos can be depressing. The cost of living is going up. The traffic sucks and the construction doesn’t help.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

Can we get some shots of hookers in the nicer parts of town?  Thanks, asking for a friend.

I hear Mo's Steakhouse in the Galleria used to be the place, but it's closed. Maybe Steak 48 now?

• Like 2

I live in one of Slorch's no-go township / favela / ghetto / dystopias. About ten years ago, crime was a concern. Not a clutch your pearls terror, but a pain in the ass. Shit would go missing out of your backyard and there were rashes of break-ins from time to time, but since Cottage Grove has gentrified and a bunch of ratty apartment complexes have been swept off the map, break-ins are really rare now. 

He is right about the schools, though. For now. If everybody took a stand together and started sending their kids to their neighborhood schools in kindergarten, Waltrip would be another Bellaire / Lamar in 13 years, but that almost never happens. 

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Things are fine. It’s always been a love/hate thing with Houston. I was born and raised here. There are many great things about Houston and I already mentioned there is amazing food here as well as job opportunities. But the sprawling ghettos can be depressing. The cost of living is going up. The traffic sucks and the construction doesn’t help.

The sprawling suburbs are more depressing than the sprawling ghettos.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The sprawling suburbs are more depressing than the sprawling ghettos.

The nice suburban area where I grew up is now the hood. Parents finally moved. Reverse flight or move even further away is what is happening now.

Edited by mycox

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Of course you would say that. Go spend some time in the nickel or kashmere gardens.

Some of the shittiest areas in Houston were considered suburbs 40 years ago.  I am optimistic about the revitalization going on close in to the city core.  And it is starting to spread to the east and southeast close in.

• Like 1

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Of course you would say that. Go spend some time in the nickel or kashmere gardens.

Houston is a big place. Can I sub in the Third Ward, or Sharptown (We are SJ!), or Alief, or south Post Oak, or Gulfton, or Fondren Southwest, or Aldine, or Greenspoint? Because I've spent plenty of time in all of those places.

4 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Title says Houston hookers.  Hoes in the ghetto are not the first thing that come to my mind but i digress.  I haz sad.   

I think it's the new professional whore team, the Houston Hookers. Not sure if they're NAW or AAW.

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

She ran Waco St, hoe skirt riding up and showing everything to the world. She flagged down a car hysterically and jumped in.

uBHx67fx_o.jpeg

Looks like running wasn't something she was familiar with.

17 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Living in Montrose now, some of you sound like the scared old ladies on my nextdoor app, talking about how bad the crime is.

Yep, I distrust "crime problems" perceived by the citizenry.  Not only is the citizenry primarily comprised of fearful idiots, but it behooves many of their public figures/politicians to stoke that fear without factual basis.

• Like 2

Houston is a big place. Can I sub in the Third Ward, or Sharptown (We are SJ!), or Alief, or south Post Oak, or Gulfton, or Fondren Southwest, or Aldine, or Greenspoint? Because I've spent plenty of time in all of those places.

Congratulations. So you would rather raise a family in one of those neighborhoods than say Klein? Sure thing.

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, I distrust "crime problems" perceived by the citizenry.  Not only is the citizenry primarily comprised of fearful idiots, but it behooves many of their public figures/politicians to stoke that fear without factual basis.

Crime problems, perceived or otherwise, are a quick ticket to the private sector for politicians.

Edited by TonyTexas

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Are you retarded? So now westbury and gulfton are the same? That isn’t what I asked

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Congratulations. So you would rather raise a family in one of those neighborhoods than say Klein? Sure thing.

The answer to your question is yes, I would rather raise a family in one of those neighborhoods over Klein.

Grew up in Willowbend. My entire street white flighted to suburbia in '74 when we were zoned to Madison High. Looking at Google street view it doesn't appear totally gentrified, but also not awful.

My younger brother lived in Willowbend for awhile. He has a daughter. The only reason they didn’t worry about schools is because his wife is a teacher in Sugar Land and therefore his daughter could go to school down there. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have bought the house. Years later they moved up to Cypress.

18 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Going through cars Marshall & Garrott.
So my husband accidentally left his door unlocked last night and this morning a young guy went through it. He only got some change luckily. Around 5:53am another guy got into to take a nap. My husband came down a minute later to go to work and found him there when he opened his door.

Well no shit! Leave your car door open and things tend to happen.

Edited by mycox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Crime problems, perceived or otherwise, are a quick ticket to the private sector for politicians.

Also pandering to the masses with "tough on crime" legislation and policies is a quick ticket to re-election.

16 hours ago, slorch said:

My comment about you having a binary perspective is based on your own comments.    Sorry you were offended by reality.

Houston is also more densely populated than other parts of the state.  I don't think Los Ybanez is a fair comparison to Houston.