Texas @ Kansas

bschoolprof

This is the worst half season I've ever seen in Texas baseball in over forty years of watching it.  Ever.  Everever. 

2013 was almost as bad and maybe more as an entire season, but not nearly this bad in any way, shape, or form for the stretch we've played this shitty since early April. And Pierce is 50% of the problem. To truly be this god-awful vomit bad requires a team effort.

Congrats, horns!!

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 1

The bad news: Our beloved team just crashed all the way down to 0.500 and now has a four game losing streak to follow up the seven game losing streak they broke last Sunday. Oh and they just got swept by Kansas.

The worst news: We still have five games left in this season. Does this group have even an ounce of pride and confidence left?

Edited by Valmy77

Guest Lobo

Yes but to be fair when it comes to big 12 baseball you don’t just roll into Lawrence and expect to win one out of three  

That is something only for experienced blueblood programs that know what they’re doing

We are young team and it only says Texas across our jersey not central Michigan    

I’m still at pierce guy and I’ve really enjoyed the last two seasons  but as stated above the second half collapse is very well the most unbelievable thing that is happened to Texas baseball in the last 75 years     I haven’t seen anything like it in following the program closely for the last 25 years .   It was everything from anemic heading to erratic pitching to Little League type fielding   To the emotional integrity And leader ship prowess  of an altar boy retreat 

Edited by Lobo

Just now, Valmy77 said:

The bad news: Our beloved team just crashed all the way down to 0.500 and now has a four game losing streak to follow up the seven game losing streak they broke last Sunday. Oh and they just got swept by Kansas.

The worst news: We still have five games left in this season.

can they just cancel those?  fuck this shit.

FCB post on final Texas at bat......

Tate Shaw walked

Ellis walked

Ford struck out looking for OUT#1

Kennedy struck out swinging for OUT#2

Geib struck out swinging for OUT#3

FINAL ... KU 10 ... TEXAS 6 ... KU sweeps the Horns, who drop to 25-25 and 6-14 in Big12 play

Guest Lobo

So we need to sweep OU and get help from the other 2 or 3 bottom dweller programs to have a tie-breaker's sniffing chance in hell of just making the last spot in our own league tournament which we used to win with regularity?  Got it. 

Plus Shaka is arguably running the worst program in the league for the last few seasons coupled with the football team averaging 6 losses per year for the last 9 years, including 5 losses per season under Herman (I'm not as glowing about the Sugar Bowl win as some of y'all are).  Do I have that right?  

But we're headed for greener pastures in all of the above because "Texas"?  Okay, got it.  Just wanted to make sure I understood the strategy for excellence going forward---it's because we are UT and a handful of posters, some of whom even donate money to the University, feel good about things.  Got it.  Good to go.  

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

Glad I’m out of town for the OU series. Skip will smell the recruiting blood in the water.

Bring on football offseason.... “Let’s Go Home!... Shut it Down!!”

Skip can’t recruit, remember. That’s why we have all these scrubs. DP can’t develop them because they have no talent. And the recruits Skip did bring in are all too young.

30 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So we need to sweep OU and get help from the other 2 or 3 bottom dweller programs to have a tie-breaker's sniffing chance in hell of just making the last spot in our own league tournament which we used to win with regularity?  Got it. 

Plus Shaka is arguably running the worst program in the league for the last few seasons coupled with the football team averaging 6 losses per year for the last 9 years, including 5 losses per season under Herman (I'm not as glowing about the Sugar Bowl win as some of y'all are).  Do I have that right?  

But we're headed for greener pastures in all of the above because "Texas"?  Okay, got it.  Just wanted to make sure I understood the strategy for excellence going forward---it's because we are UT and a handful of posters, some of whom even donate money to the University, feel good about things.  Got it.  Good to go.  

We’re a swimming school. OK? Thank goodness we’ve got that. 

38 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

I spent all afternoon top dressing the lawn, and digging holes in clay for roses that will die in a couple months. It sucked ass. My back is already sore.

Thank God I didn’t have to watch game 3.

I cleaned out gutters on the house. What I pulled out of them was prettier than how Texas is playing. 

Just terrible. Now comes Incarnate Word for the “let’s what Texas lose a Tuesday game to a school that’s got 1/1000th the budget/facilities”

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

Rode the lawn tractor, mowed, drank some Bud Lights, listened to Buck Owens Radio on Pandora.

Winner? Me.

Tiger by the Tail is great..... My great uncle loved to play it!!

Here's a duet of Buck & Dwight......

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Tennis is a little suspect too. My brother got a tennis scholarship and I’m not sure he ever even played in high school. 

Well congratulate your brother on none-the-less leading the #2 team in the country and the Big 12 Champion and advancing to the Sweet Sixteen. Impressive for somebody who never played in High School.

If that is suspect then may our baseball program soon be as suspect.

Edited by Valmy77