Turns Out E-Scooters Might Be The End of Society

Doc Reeves

11 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Saw a mom putting her 7 year old on one with her over the weekend. What could possibly go wrong...................

I've seen parents with babies in baby carriers on them. I want to smack them. Of course, my parent used to ride around with me on one of those old school baby carriers on a bike from the 80s with no helmets when I was a young un, and I made it out alive. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hornian said:

I've seen parents with babies in baby carriers on them. I want to smack them. Of course, my parent used to ride around with me on one of those old school baby carriers on a bike from the 80s with no helmets when I was a young un, and I made it out alive. 

Your parents weren't posting on Instagram with their phone while doing that, though. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hornian said:

14 minutes ago, Deej said:

Your parents weren't posting on Instagram with their phone while doing that, though. 

No, they were smoking Marlboro reds in the front seat of the 78 Caprice Classic wagon, windows slightly cracked, with open cans of Coors Banquet beer, while we were unbuckled in the back seats.  Or, as tbone said, lying across the rear window of the 79 Cadillac DeVille. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, utee94 said:

No, they were smoking Marlboro reds in the front seat of the 78 Caprice Classic wagon, windows slightly cracked, with open cans of Coors Banquet beer, while we were unbuckled in the back seats.  Or, as tbone said, lying across the rear window of the 79 Cadillac DeVille. 

You haven't lived until you have been here going 70MPH down the interstate sucking in all that exhaust when it was 105 degrees-

b5de30b0a9f295f13df1e2d9bffb07ea.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KaiserSoze said:

That's 100% user error

bullshit it is.  she has legitimate grievances against the scooter company, the business that filmed the incident, whoever made the staircase, and the mason who poured the cement.  she deserves a substantial settlement and she’ll probably get it. 

7 hours ago, futureman said:

bullshit it is.  she has legitimate grievances against the scooter company, the business that filmed the incident, whoever made the staircase, and the mason who poured the cement.  she deserves a substantial settlement and she’ll probably get it. 

And I'm sure all the above will be served with papers from a guy who has a billboard on one of our major highways.   

9 hours ago, futureman said:

Mason that pours cement?  

1 hour ago, Deej said:

TCU's kicker got hit by a car while riding one to practice. May be lost for the season. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/tcu-horned-frogs-cole-bunce-kicker-hit-by-car-injured-gary-patterson-214451066.html

Unclear at this point, but it seems like he was riding a Vespa type scooter. A car did a left turn from the right lane and cut him off.

I mean, all these accidents have something in common. Cole Bunce - hit by a car. Youtube girl in London - hit by a truck. Then a few days later in London - pedestrian killed by a car. Obviously we need to crack down on Vespas, scooters and pedestrians.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, ajax said:

Unclear at this point, but it seems like he was riding a Vespa type scooter. A car did a left turn from the right lane and cut him off.

I mean, all these accidents have something in common. Cole Bunce - hit by a car. Youtube girl in London - hit by a truck. Then a few days later in London - pedestrian killed by a car. Obviously we need to crack down on Vespas, scooters and pedestrians.

Absolutely. And have you seen the amount of people killed each year by cars? Need to ban those fucking things too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, ajax said:

ALL these accidents? LOL. No.

Yesterday morning I made a right turn and had to slam on my brakes mid-turn as a kid on a scooter shot out from the sidewalk onto the crosswalk right in front of me, and against traffic. Scared the shit outta me & I honked at him. He looked me like I was crazy. 

An hour later I'm going to HEB (it was open). Same exact scenario except this time it's an old man on a bike, shooting across a crosswalk just as I turned in. Couldn't believe the odds of this happening twice in the space of about 5 minutes of actual time behind the wheel. And yeah, he was equally befuddled when I honked at him.

It's a crossWALK, dumbasses. If you want to ride across the street, fine. Do it in a bike lane or on the ride. If you want to use the crossWALK, get off your ride and walk it across.

Edited by wood

31 minutes ago, wood said:

Yesterday morning I made a right turn and had to slam on my brakes mid-turn as a kid on a scooter shot out from the sidewalk onto the crosswalk right in front of me, and against traffic. Scared the shit outta me & I honked at him. He looked me like I was crazy. 

An hour later I'm going to HEB (it was open). Same exact scenario except this time it's an old man on a bike, shooting across a crosswalk just as I turned in. Couldn't believe the odds of this happening twice in the space of about 5 minutes of actual time behind the wheel. And yeah, he was equally befuddled when I honked at him.

It's a crossWALK, dumbasses. If you want to ride across the street, fine. Do it in a bike lane or on the ride. If you want to use the crossWALK, get off your ride and walk it across.

You saw them in time to stop? Why didn't you have your head down texting, you freak?

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

You saw them in time to stop? Why didn't you have your head down texting, you freak?

My bad.

I'm surprised they weren't texting, like the idiot I saw in front of ACC Rio Grande, phone in front of his face on a scooter, with full headphones on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/us/florida-scooters-vandalized-trnd/index.html

A man in Florida was arrested for cutting brake lines on dozens of electric scooters.

(CNN)A man in Florida has been sneaking around his neighborhood tampering with electric scooters parked on the streets, police say.

The Fort Lauderdale Police Department posted a surveillance video Tuesday showing 59-year-old Randall Williams walking up to an electrical scooter on the street, slapping a white sticker on its QR code, and cutting its brake lines, essentially rendering it impossible to use.
Police say that more than 140 scooters have been disabled and vandalized in a similar way in the southeast part of Fort Lauderdale since April 5.