Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran.

Anastasis

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/gop-quickly-unifies-around-trump-clinton-still-has-modest-lead/

Among voters with a favorable opinion of Trump:

-65% think President Obama is a Muslim, only 13% think he’s a Christian.

-59% think President Obama was not born in the United States, only 23% think that he was.

-27% think vaccines cause autism, 45% don’t think they do, another 29% are not sure.

-24% think Antonin Scalia was murdered, just 42% think he died naturally, another 34% are unsure.

-7% think Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the assassination of JFK, 55% think he was not involved, another 38% are unsure.

Public Policy Polling surveyed 1,222 registered voters from May 6th to 9th. The margin of error is +/-3.2%. 80% of participants, selected through a list based sample, responded via the phone, while 20% of respondents who did not have landlines conducted the survey over the internet through an opt-in internet panel.

GRhorn can’t help but pants himself repeatedly, can he?

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/polls/gop-quickly-unifies-around-trump-clinton-still-has-modest-lead/

-59% think President Obama was not born in the United States, only 23% think that he was.

-27% think vaccines cause autism, 45% don’t think they do, another 29% are not sure.

-24% think Antonin Scalia was murdered, just 42% think he died naturally, another 34% are unsure.

-7% think Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the assassination of JFK, 55% think he was not involved, another 38% are unsure.

Public Policy Polling surveyed 1,222 registered voters from May 6th to 9th. The margin of error is +/-3.2%. 80% of participants, selected through a list based sample, responded via the phone, while 20% of respondents who did not have landlines conducted the survey over the internet through an opt-in internet panel.

The Republican party truly is the party of dumb.

3 hours ago, retread said:

Bates, what's your opinion of the treaty that we backed out of with Iran? I know that you work in DC and deal with this stuff every day.

It’s not a perfect deal, but I’m not sure what a realistic perfect deal looks like.  It essentially froze Iran’s nuclear program for 10 years, with real verifiability, in exchange for giving the Iranian’s access to financial markets.  The thinking is once the Iranians got a taste of global markets they might be less interested in the bomb and we have a decade to reset relations.  And it’s not an insane idea.  The government might be theocratic, but Iranians are young, well educated, relatively secular, and interested in joining the global community. 

There are 3 constituencies in opposition: 

Isreal:  Iran is anti-Semitic AF, and supports Hezzbolah. 

Saudi Arabia:  terrified we might actually reach detente with Iranian and not need them. 

Neo-cons:  want a redo of the Iraq war, but this time, Better!  

Some Christians also believe Iran is the key to bringing on endtimes. 

The whole rebrand it idea is not without merit,  but Trump can’t stay focused for 30 seconds.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 6

On 5/17/2019 at 4:45 PM, Bateshorn said:

It’s not a perfect deal, but I’m not sure what a realistic perfect deal looks like.  It essentially froze Iran’s nuclear program for 10 years, with real verifiability, in exchange for giving the Iranian’s access to financial markets.  The thinking is once the Iranians got a taste of global markets they might be less interested in the bomb and we have a decade to reset relations.  And it’s not an insane idea.  The government might be theocratic, but Iranians are young, well educated, relatively secular, and interested in joining the global community. 

There are 3 constituencies in opposition: 

Isreal:  Iran is anti-Semitic AF, and supports Hezzbolah. 

Saudi Arabia:  terrified we might actually reach detente with Iranian and not need them. 

Neo-cons:  want a redo of the Iraq war, but this time, Better!  

Some Christians also believe Iran is the key to bringing on endtimes. 

The whole rebrand it idea is not without merit,  but Trump can’t stay focused for 30 seconds.

Israeli propaganda is always strong but iran isn't antisemitic.

As long as Iran hates Israel and the US, Saudi has nothing to be terrified about. 

Neocons aer white supremacists . Kill them. 

ditto for Evangelicals. 

Edited by immamac
Wishing death is a good way to get a vacation

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Donald Trump has offered Iran direct talks, saying its leaders should 'call me' and suggested the US would help revive the country’s economy as long as Iran did not acquire nuclear weapons.

Isnt' this exactly what the treaty he pulled us out of was doing?

pretty much.  the reason the old deal was bad was that it wasn't broad enough (didn't cover missiles, in particular) and the new admin wants a broader one. i wouldn't be shocked if they ended up with a narrower one but it's tHe BeSteSt DeAl EvAr!!!!111oneleven because the donald did it. 

Edited by elfenix

5 hours ago, Foosters said:

Fuck the civics exam to immigrate to America. We need a civics exam before we let people vote

• Like 3

SPOTTED: SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN (D-Calif.), who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, walking around the Capitol with her iPhone screen facing outward in full view, and Javad Zarif’s contact page on the screen. Zarif is the name of Iran’s foreign minister.

-- TOM MENTZER, Feinstein’s comms director, in response to us asking whether the senator has been talking with Iran’s foreign minister: “I can’t comment on who the senator does or doesn’t speak with.”

-- STATEMENT from Feinstein at 2:57 p.m. Wednesday: “War isn’t necessary to solve a problem when both sides want a solution. I urge Secretary Pompeo to reach out to Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, who I know doesn’t want to see a conflict with the United States.”

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2019/05/16/what-dianne-feinsteins-phone-told-us-437020

I've thought about this since Trump was elected.  Before the first primary, every presidential candidate should take a high school level govt test-nothing overly difficult, just basic functions and roles of the government.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

He would either claim executive privilege or plead the fifth as his answer to every question.

Or his lawyers would argue that he couldn't help but lie so they have to take the test for him. And "I used to know but I forgot" qualifies as a correct answer. 

On 5/17/2019 at 4:36 PM, Brisketexan said:

GRhorn can’t help but pants himself repeatedly, can he?

Those are embarrassing numbers at any level, but to say the people that viewed Trump favorably in May 2016=all Trump voters is a stretch. Plenty of people that were not diehard supporters pulled the lever for him in the end.  A much smaller percentage of those silent voters believe Obama is a Muslim, believe me. 

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Those are embarrassing numbers at any level, but to say the people that viewed Trump favorably in May 2016=all Trump voters is a stretch. Plenty of people that were not diehard supporters pulled the lever for him in the end.  A much smaller percentage of those silent voters believe Obama is a Muslim, believe me. 

haha sure thing, pal.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

hahahaahahahaahaha

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

GRHorn, finding himself covered in runny shit, thinks telling the world "but it's not MY runny shit" will make people look at him with any less disgust.  Interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 5:32 PM, NowThis said:

Israeli propaganda is always strong but iran isn't antisemitic.

As long as Iran hates Israel and the US, Saudi has nothing to be terrified about. 

Neocons aer white supremacists . Kill them. 

ditto for Evangelicals. 

dude, go outside and breathe some fresh air.  Take a break, or your meds if you have them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Haha even picking up his speaking style.

the militant white supremacists and zionists have seduced Britain into sending special ops.   Bombing is certain now. The US will paint itself as the victim after sending big ships thousands of miles into a tiny nook of sea water to face an overwhelmed 'enemy'. 

18 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Let me guess, no one knows more about numbers than you.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

I put the odds at above 50% that we do something stupid with Iran or Venezuela (whynotboth.gif).  Trump is flipping out way too much about every little thing this week.

Headfake.  We're going to end up in a WTF war with Costa Rica, mostly because Trump has some harebrained scheme for TrumpWorld Inc. to get the rebuilding contracts from the US Occupation Authority for the tourist resorts we'll "accidentally" bomb.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m going to triple down that we’re not going to war in Iran or Venezuela.  Maybe a surgical strike on an empty silo or something to distract from bad domestic news but that’s it.

I actually think you're probably right.....but that's why my joke about Costa Rica isn't entirely a joke (well, it probably won't be Costa Rica).  Too tempting to wag the dog....he'll find SOME easy punching bag to assault.  Grenada ring a bell?

Caribbean Invasion 2: Electric Boogaloo.  Trinidad and Tobago better watch they ass.

20 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m going to triple down that we’re not going to war in Iran or Venezuela.  Maybe a surgical strike on an empty silo or something to distract from bad domestic news but that’s it.

Iran will shoot back, causing FOX to say that America is under existential threat. Then the B52s or similar have to be brought in BECAUSE WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I actually think you're probably right.....but that's why my joke about Costa Rica isn't entirely a joke (well, it probably won't be Costa Rica). 

I'd love to see that discussion.

Trump: "Let's attack Costa Rica!"

Some Cabinet member (SCM): "Why?"

Trump: "Why not???"

SCM: "Well they have no military whatsoever, so we can't sell the idea that they're a threat to us. I mean we stretched it with Grenada, Vietnam, Iran, etc but at least they had armed forces."

Trump: "I don't understand the difference"

SCM: "Sir, if we attack Iran, for example, we could at least say that they were threatening us with a military attack...because they have a military..."

Trump: "And?"

SCM: "Well CR has no military. Who can we say is threatening us to the public?"

Trump: "Some Puerto Rican guy!!!!"

SCM: "Sir, that's a different place and it's an American territory."

Trump: "Nuh uh, Puerto Rico is a Mexican country"

SCM: [handing Trump a set of car keys] "Sir, play with these for a while."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Never let a good "crisis" go to waste.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48404923

Trump to clear $8bn Saudi weapons sale over Iran tensions

US President Donald Trump is clearing the sale of billions of dollars' worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia, citing Iranian threats to its arch rival.

And I'm sure Trump made a phone call to the manager of whichever hedge fund he's invested in prior to this deal.

This sucks for the Yemeni civilians who are about to get shot with American bullets, but fuck them - they're not fetuses, so the sanctity of life doesn't apply to them.  Right, you sanctimonious, self-righteous shits?

Edited by TexArcher

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I actually believe trump sees little value in starting a war but rather can use Iran as another means like we see in selling arms to KSA or helping Netanyahu with his policies in Israel.  All of which ultimately push money into the trump/Kushner machine. 

The Saudis know how easy it is to manipulate Trump. And Trump is completely out of his element. He doesn't know that posturing and positioning for war can easily lead to actual war. And he's got a National Security Advisor who really wants war. If the U.S. takes any military action against Iran and Trump sees a bump in his approval ratings, look out.