Baylor announces $100m gift for new arena

sasquatch69

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/BU-will-use-portion-of-record-100M-donation-to-build-new-basketball-arena-509595071.html

Baylor University will use a portion of a record $100 million donation to help fund a new basketball arena, the school announced Tuesday.

“Baylor Athletics is thrilled to announce a lead gift for the Baylor Basketball Pavilion,” the university said in a tweet just after 1 p.m. Tuesday.

Oh jeez . . . one of my son's best friends is the grandson of a Baylor megadonor.  This guy is richer than God.  I'd be surprised if he isn't at least partially behind it.

Nice people, but ancient and wholly bought in to the cult.  I mentioned the investigation once and grandpops got very animated, saying the story wasn't being told correctly, etc.  I just left it at that.

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh jeez . . . one of my son's best friends is the grandson of a Baylor megadonor.  This guy is richer than God.  I'd be surprised if he isn't at least partially behind it.

Nice people, but ancient and wholly bought in to the cult.  I mentioned the investigation once and grandpops got very animated, saying the story wasn't being told correctly, etc.  I just left it at that.

Yeah, there’s better shit to donate to than anything sports related.  But especially Baylor athletics.  Yuck.  That’s just my 2 cents.  

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, there’s better shit to donate to than anything sports related.  But especially Baylor athletics.  Yuck.  That’s just my 2 cents

Here are the endowments at Mississippi's HBCU's

Jackson State: $42.6M

Alcorn State: $17.3M

Mississippi Valley State: $1.9M

Imagine what $100M could do for those schools and the state of Mississippi.

Edited by SimonBolivar

25 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Here are the endowments at Mississippi's HBCU's

Jackson State: $42.6M

Alcorn State: $17.3M

Mississippi Valley State: $1.9M

Imagine what $100M could do for those schools and the state of Mississippi.

No kidding.  Sad shit.  But I’m sure that family will get their rocks off getting to have input with a second rate D1 program and playing fake owner...

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, there’s better shit to donate to than anything sports related.  But especially Baylor athletics.  Yuck.  That’s just my 2 cents.  

They've raised $700 million of a $1.1 billion goal that's mostly for academics. The $100 million gift is only partly for the arena - it's first/ primary purpose was academics, funding 17 new endowed chair positions plus some other academic initiatives. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I liked the Ferrell Center.  I only saw one game there.  It was the return game for Kenny Taylor.  They booed him every time he touched the ball because he was one of the Baylor players that took the opportunity to get the fuck out of that place after one of their players killed a teammate and the coach was caught on tape trying to smear the dead kid.  The subsequent investigations uncovered all sorts of NCAA violations.  You know, Baylor stuff. 

• 2 years later...

15 minutes ago, ozzie55 said:

My God stop with the bitching and moaning about BU BB. Won the B12 and the NATTY.  THEY RULE THIS STATE AND CONFERENCE IN BB.  Move on.

reopens 2 year old thread.  says to quit bitching.

tv show yes GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Edited by Fastbreak
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ozzie55 said:

My God stop with the bitching and moaning about BU BB. Won the B12 and the NATTY.  THEY RULE THIS STATE AND CONFERENCE IN BB.  Move on.

I honestly would consider Raising Arizona more of a western than Come Hell or High Water.

• Hook 'Em 1

@ozzie55 why the fuck are you here? Surely there is a Baylor board where you can get in on the circle jerk. You add nothing of substance to this community and whatever you think you are going to get from anyone here is an ill-conceived plan on your part. So go clean your own house before you go pushing your bullshit about anyone else.

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

@ozzie55 why the fuck are you here? Surely there is a Baylor board where you can get in on the circle jerk. You add nothing of substance to this community and whatever you think you are going to get from anyone here is an ill-conceived plan on your part. So go clean your own house before you go pushing your bullshit about anyone else.

im just thankful he's taking a break from raping 

On 1/6/2022 at 2:30 AM, ozzie55 said:

Drunk, freshman, and living in Penland Hall is no way to go through life, son.  Make better decisions. Go ahead and go to AA now. Go date a Kappa with a rich daddy. It's not too late to live your best life.

(Me screaming at my 17 yr old self)