What's your favorite concert movie?

TriStone

Miguelito's Van Morrison thread started with a clip from one of the greatest concert movies ever made, The Last Waltz.  It's too bad that more bands didn't/don't commission recordings of their shows with this level of quality.  What are some favorites of my fellow former shagsters/current Surlies?

I'm a Stop Making Sense guy.

The Last Waltz and Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii come next. I've seen the latter at least 25 times.

Some of my other favorites: Rattle and Hum, A Poem is a Naked Person, Woodstock (though they definitely needed to cut that movie down in time), Alice in Chains Unplugged, The Song Remains the Same, Heartworn Highways (not quite a concert movie though). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I'm a Stop Making Sense guy.

The Last Waltz and Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii come next. I've seen the latter at least 25 times.

Some of my other favorites: Rattle and Hum, A Poem is a Naked Person, Woodstock (though they definitely needed to cut that movie down in time), Alice in Chains Unplugged, The Song Remains the Same, Heartworn Highways (not quite a concert movie though). 

Loved the AiC unplugged show, but watching Layne sing Nutshell while clearly circling the drain is still a gut punch to this day.  Such a waste.

Stop Making Sense is the gold standard, IMO.

I also love Wilco's "Ashes of American Flags" because the opening portion was at Cain's, and I was present for my first Wilco show ever.  And the opening credits sound check version of "Ashes of American Flags" inter-cutting between them playing in an empty Cain's and the bus driving toward Tulsa is fantastic:

Edited by oSuJeff97

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

I know the most famous thing about that festival/movie is Jimi setting his guitar on fire, but Otis Redding and Booker T and the MGs stole that show. 

Probably right about Otis,  but Janis put on a pretty good act herself.