HBO's Watchmen series

mdmost

If y’all don’t read Peteypedoa on HBOs website you’re missing out. 

This week there were two “memos” written by Blake and Petey, both revealed that Angela was talking while in her “coma” and the FBI now knows that her grandfather was Hooded Justice. 

And there was a handwritten will from Captain Metropolis leaving all his estate to Will Reeves, and explaining a lot of what happened to Reeves after he stopped being Hooded Justice. 

You can certainly enjoy the show without it, but it fills in a lot of the backstory each week. 

I looked away for one second, and then when I looked back up, Reeves is pounding Captain Metropolis IRL.  

At first I was like, yes, I love this show; then I realized Angela was reliving her grandpa going to pound town on some dude. 

• Haha 1

Peteypedia has multiple entries where Pete is sending memos about how the Minutemen dramatizations are complete BS. So the idea is either the authorities never knew Hooded Justice's identity or they knew and didn't want society to know it was a black man that inspired costumed heroes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

What was with the opening scene with the white Hooded Justice beating up the cops in the interrogation room?

That was a scene from the Minuteman show-within-a-show that other characters are watching.  I think it was to show the conventional wisdom that Hooded Justice was a white guy. I believe that "tv series" was made from a book from the original Nite Owl, who was also in the Minuteman.  Funny how the other Minutemen would know that Justice and Metropolis are hooking up but not that Justice was black.

to my knowledge, and I haven't read the comic, the original writers never claimed that Justice was black.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Peteypedia has multiple entries where Pete is sending memos about how the Minutemen dramatizations are complete BS. So the idea is either the authorities never knew Hooded Justice's identity or they knew and didn't want society to know it was a black man that inspired costumed heroes. 

Plus it's a shot at Zach Snyder.

Two other bits from ep 5 that mean more in ep 6:

- When looking glass breaks into 7K compound, there is a cyclops mural on wall.  

- I missed this the first time but Senator Keene mentioned that he *and* Judd Crawford came in to fix the mess after the White Night.   Perhaps others caught it,  but they were clearly working together, it seems.  

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

So I guess Veidt's message reads:

Reveal hidden contents

Save Me Daughter

Agreed.

And Trieu mentioned she pioneered some fusion drive for space flight - probably to save him and bring him back to earth. She did say her father would be there soon or something to that effect. Also explains why she is so smart/obsessed with him/his company. 

57 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Elephant ?

49 minutes ago, hornian said:

I took it as a gag/play on words. Either it’s “elephants never forget” because of the memories, or it’s “the elephant in the room.”

I figured brain mass or surface area helped with the process, and an elephant has the largest brain of a land animal. 

So I guess it was made pretty obvious that Trieu is Veidt's daughter.

Her speech at the end of the episode included some bits from Ozymandias

"our mighty work"

"without despair"

So now I'm wondering if "Save Me D.." is daughter instead of Dr Manhattan.

My first thought was that whatever crashed into the Clarks' farm in a flashback was her bringing daddy home, but in this episode she said he wasn't there, so I guess that doesn't work.

YouTube speculation is that the millennium clock is gonna wipe memories.

2 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Man this show is weird.

I was following along for the whole ride but I still don't get the Manhattan thing....like he wanted to hide on Earth?  He took over Angela's husband's body?  Or he assumed it?  I mean was there a separate person that was the host, or was Manhattan intentionally or unintentionally staying "in character" until angela yanked him out? And given all that, what's the deal embedding the atomic ring thing in the brain