Houston ENT Dr/surgeon

So I have a fucked up nose.  Internally I just can't breathe I would say I am 90/10.  I have had 2 surgeries to fix a deviated septum amongst other things but they have not worked.  I still have trouble and have to take nose spray nightly to breathe.  Docs I used were just not really as good as advertised.

I am thinking about looking for a real doctor in the Houston area to finally fix this issue.  Any recs would be appreciated.  I am just about maxed out on insurance this year already so there is no expense is no issue at all.

I'm not sure failure of septoplasty is the surgeon/doctor's fault.  They seem to have a high rate of failure over time.  Not a doc, but I would be a candidate and just about everyone I know that's had one has a deviated septum again 5-10 years later.

Have you tried regular saline irrigations?  Using Ocean or generic saline spray? 

On 5/11/2019 at 11:15 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure failure of septoplasty is the surgeon/doctor's fault.  They seem to have a high rate of failure over time.  Not a doc, but I would be a candidate and just about everyone I know that's had one has a deviated septum again 5-10 years later.

Have you tried regular saline irrigations?  Using Ocean or generic saline spray? 

No I have not.  I have been using just Afrin sinus spray every night so I can breathe, it seems to be the only thing that works for me.  I did not know that the failure rate could be so high.  It is just frustrating to go through 2 surgeries and still have to deal with issues.

• 2 weeks later...