Poll for Liverpool Fans

sidis

Poll for Liverpool Fans  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather occur if given the choice...

• City Loss or Draw Combined with Liverpool Win this Weekend, but Lose to Spurs in Champions League Final (Win EPL, Lose UCL)
    • City Win this Weekend, but Win against Spurs in Champions League Final (2nd in EPL, Win UCL)

I have always wondered which most fans would prefer...league title or UCL trophy.  I personally have always put more emphasis on UCL title but have heard a lot of people say they would rather win domestic league.  I realize that there are perhaps some unique circumstances with Liverpool's conspicuous lack of domestic titles over the last couple of decades relative to their perceived stature but still curious...

Given how Liverpool earned that improbable win over Barcelona, I lean to the UCL. Then they would go out and earn a championship against a really good Spurs squad. I think that's a bigger achievement than getting a championship because another team slipped up on the final day on the road. But if it happens Sunday, I'll be over the moon because it's the monkey that the club really needs to get off its back. 

Regardless of how Sunday turns out, LFC had an incredible season. They just had to exist in the same league as a team that had an even more incredible season. There's no shame in that. 

But this thread is nothing more than an Everton fan trying to get the football gods to side against Liverpool. I see through your tricks. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Given how Liverpool earned that improbable win over Barcelona, I lean to the UCL. Then they would go out and earn a championship against a really good Spurs squad. I think that's a bigger achievement than getting a championship because another team slipped up on the final day on the road. But if it happens Sunday, I'll be over the moon because it's the monkey that the club really needs to get off its back. 

Regardless of how Sunday turns out, LFC had an incredible season. They just had to exist in the same league as a team that had an even more incredible season. There's no shame in that. 

But this thread is nothing more than an Everton fan trying to get the football gods to side against Liverpool. I see through your tricks. 

This. 100% this. 

If Liverpool was currently in 1st in the EPL it might be a different story. But for me it's CL just based on how the season has played out. 

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is an excellent point. For hating us so much, he sure he thinks about us quite often. 

We are liverpool...we want to and have won both in same year

If it has to be one or the other...then i would choose EPL currently just to get the streak over...but i really really want all the trophies until we are #1 in every category

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jograves said:

Why not both taco girl?

Arsenal fan, so not voting, but this is the correct answer.  I cannot think of a scenario where these occurrences would ever be mutually exclusive, so forcing yourself to choose one over the other, even hypothetically is wasted emotion.