Texas schedules home-and-homes with Florida (2030-31) and Arizona State (2032-33)

Machinator

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding the fantasy of another marquee home and home in 2022 and 2023, here are teams that need opponents at glance for those 2 seasons:

-Notre Dame (I think we had them scheduled for this cycle but they backed out to play OSU. Either way, if we were on their schedule these two seasons, they would have one of the toughest schedules in history both years.)

-Washington (I have to believe they're looking for a marquee match-up on their end for both years)

-Stanford (they've got room. It would be a tough deal for them.)

-Florida State (They have UF and no one else in the non-con so far for both seasons)

I got bored after that. Probably some others, but I'm sure we'll wind up with something like NMSU and La Monroe in those years.

Washington and Wisconsin have always been my big two wishlist OOC opponents. UDub for the natural beauty and awesome stadium, Wisco for Madison early in the season when the weather is still nice.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Washington and Wisconsin have always been my big two wishlist OOC opponents. UDub for the natural beauty and awesome stadium, Wisco for Madison early in the season when the weather is still nice.

Well I got this shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding the fantasy of another marquee home and home in 2022 and 2023, here are teams that need opponents at glance for those 2 seasons:

-Notre Dame (I think we had them scheduled for this cycle but they backed out to play OSU. Either way, if we were on their schedule these two seasons, they would have one of the toughest schedules in history both years.)

-Washington (I have to believe they're looking for a marquee match-up on their end for both years)

-Stanford (they've got room. It would be a tough deal for them.)

-Florida State (They have UF and no one else in the non-con so far for both seasons)

I got bored after that. Probably some others, but I'm sure we'll wind up with something like NMSU and La Monroe in those years.

I think given Alabama is on the schedule in 2022 that we won't get another decent opponent lined up. But man I'd love get Washington or Stanford in for a home and home during that time. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think given Alabama is on the schedule in 2022 that we won't get another decent opponent lined up. But man I'd love get Washington or Stanford in for a home and home during that time. 

We'll probably see a Conference USA/Sub Belt/ Mountain West opponent or someone like that for those two slots.  Think UNT, one of the Louisiana's like Monroe or Lafayette.  Maybe New Mexico or Wyoming?

Hell, why not Cougar High or SMU for old times sake?  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

We'll probably see a Conference USA/Sub Bel opponent or someone like that for those two slots.

Hell, why not Cougar High or SMU for old times sake?  

Cougar High is a bit too consistently solid - very lose/lose to play them. SMU would be fun.

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Right. This isn't some novel arrangement, we're just scheduling UT system schools for the annual Longhorn Network OOC game instead of some other mid-to-low tier G5.

aggy will take note and schedule Blinn jc. whoop!

UF schedules Colorado the other day too

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-agrees-to-home-and-home-with-colorado-for-first-nonconference-road-game-since-1991/

seems like something is changing with them for sure .....probably teaching some G5 programs a lesson when they start asking for close to $2 million for a game

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

aggy will take note and schedule Blinn jc. whoop!

they are going to rush the Rellis campus start date and put them on the schedule.....or maybe split the team in half with Galveston one week a year and play a regular season scrimmage

Edited by ButtFumble

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Cougar High is a bit too consistently solid - very lose/lose to play them. SMU would be fun.

I get what you are saying about Cougar High.    2022 is long way down the road and who the heck knows what the landscape will look like in college football by then.   Cougar High might go back to sucking and if we all want to be honest on here, the jury is still out on us .  We are obviously moving the right direction and this season will either show us as the real deal or false hope.  

5 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

seems like something is changing with them for sure .....probably teaching some G5 programs a lesson when they start asking for close to $2 million for a game

Yeah AD Foley left

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

UF schedules Colorado the other day too

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/florida-agrees-to-home-and-home-with-colorado-for-first-nonconference-road-game-since-1991/

It will be fun to see how those Florida boys adjust to the altitude in Boulder.  And flip it with the heat and  humidity in Florida in September for the Colorado boys return trip.   

32 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Well then who?   Maybe Lamar,  UIW, Texas State,  or Abilene Christian?

Obviously they passed the SEC! SEC! cupcake standard  since three of the four are on the aggy  future schedules.   

missing is the obvious --- Houston Cougars.  I know everyone around here has an inexplicable hatred, but visiting Htown is cool for Horns, certainly @ Reliant.  

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

just once though, not enough.  Htown Horns need more Texas without having to drive 140-180 miles. 

I expect Rice will get slotted in a few of those years as our 3rd OOC game.

And our hatred of Cougar High is far from inexplicable.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe we get on the list for the 1 off neutral site games in ‘23 so we get a bigger name without needing 2 years for home and home. 

Fuck one off neutral site (NFL stadium) games. God forbid we schedule a home and home with another big game. I AM simply loathing LSU coming to Austin, and the thought of maybe getting to go to Baton Rouge has me pissing my pants.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I expect Rice will get slotted in a few of those years as our 3rd OOC game.

And our hatred of Cougar High is far from inexplicable.

explain to me. Keep in mind i attended those 80s blowouts and am over it. Anything else? 

17 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Fuck one off neutral site (NFL stadium) games. God forbid we schedule a home and home with another big game. I AM simply loathing LSU coming to Austin, and the thought of maybe getting to go to Baton Rouge has me pissing my pants.

The staff won’t schedule another big one the same season as an Alabama game. 

Which means no home and home series these two years. 

Scrub in 22 so that leaves one open year in 23, best hope is the neutral site game vs someone cool. Otherwise it’s rice or nmst. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

explain to me. Keep in mind i attended those 80s blowouts and am over it. Anything else? 

If you are as old as you claim to be and yet lack an understanding for Bleachergate and all of the fucking bullshit that went with it; if you live in Houston and can handle all of the bandwagoning silliness from their trashy ass fans when they win a little and how arid the region is of Cougar fans when they're the mediocrity they were born to be; if you can handle Tillman Fertitta's horrific food quality at all of his shitty chains while he attempts to control academic and athletic developments within the city of Houston - then you aren't worth the fucking bullet in this conversation. Think what you want, but keep your ignorance to yourself and stop posting about it on this thread.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you are as old as you claim to be and yet lack an understanding for Bleachergate and all of the fucking bullshit that went with it; if you live in Houston and can handle all of the bandwagoning silliness from their trashy ass fans when they win a little and how arid the region is of Cougar fans when they're the mediocrity they were born to be; if you can handle Tillman Fertitta's horrific food quality at all of his shitty chains while he attempts to control academic and athletic developments within the city of Houston - then you aren't worth the fucking bullet in this conversation. Think what you want, but keep your ignorance to yourself and stop posting about it on this thread.

Didn’t even take the time and consideration to call him an invertebrate 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

all that is meh.  Restaurant food quality as a point of contention? lulzy.  Nothing about anything in your post has value to me. Only what happens at the game matters + the Horns visiting Htown.  Hell, play Lamar or HBU @ Reliant, nothing else matters. 

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

all that is meh.  Restaurant food quality as a point of contention? lulzy.  Nothing about anything in your post has value to me. Only what happens at the game matters + the Horns visiting Htown.  Hell, play Lamar or HBU @ Reliant, nothing else matters. 

You should feel somewhat honored to even be addressed after your shitty take, and by one of the finest posts in the history of this board, no less. Keep tilting at those windmills though, I'm sure it will work out. Perhaps a strongly worded letter to Chris Del Conte regarding your needs to have a game in Houston every year due to the onerous 2.5 hour drives up to Austin otherwise. That should do it. Get that big chief tablet out and get to it, good sir.

3 hours ago, TBGFL said:

They won't add Miami back to their OOC schedule full-time. 

No, and I didn't mean they might-- I meant that if you were Florida's AD and you said "hey I've scheduled a big OOC game IN ADDITION to Florida State" and then added "...it's Miami!", you would have made the problem worse, not better. Florida fans want to see some variety and OOC rigor added to their schedules for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is that they tend to win those games.

19 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Is any other big school doing this type of OOC scheduling over the next decade or so?

OU-Tennessee, Nebraska, Michigan, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Clemson

Ohio State- Oregon, Notre Dame, Washington, Texas

LSU-Texas, UCLA, Clemson, OU, Arizona State

Georgia- Notre Dame, Oregon, OU, Clemson, UCLA, Florida State, Texas. Georgia will play Texas and FSU one season and then Texas and Clemson in one season, along with their normal Georgia Tech rivalry. That's pretty damn great. 

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Well then who?   Maybe Lamar,  UIW, Texas State,  or Abilene Christian?

Obviously they passed the SEC! SEC! cupcake standard  since three of the four are on the aggy  future schedules.   

Come on, use your imagination..... Knock yourself out cause there's plenty of other teams Texas could play.

Playing F'n UTSA 5 times and UTEP 5 times in the same 12yr period SUCKS.....

Edited by LTtxfan