Texas schedules home-and-homes with Florida (2030-31) and Arizona State (2032-33)

Machinator

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Come on, use your imagination..... Knock yourself out.

Playing F'n UTSA 5 times and UTEP 5 times in the same 12yr period SUCKS.....

I found one  .    Monterrey Tech!     Bring on the Borregos!!  They do have a cool stadium if you look at the pic in the stadium and probably some pretty  Mexicana cheerleaders too.  And knowing that part of Mexico, they are probably rich gals as well.  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17965624/how-monterrey-tech-used-nfl-ncaa-connections-elevate-college-football-mexico

Edited by Nueces River Rat

3 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

I was going to say I think it's really cool to play the system schools every year. 

I cringed initially because I thought they were being added in addition to games with the usual scrubs. Once I realized it was replacing the likes of Tulsa and San Jose State, I think it’s awesome. We get the same results while increasing value of the overall brand.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You should feel somewhat honored to even be addressed after your shitty take, and by one of the finest posts in the history of this board, no less. Keep tilting at those windmills though, I'm sure it will work out. Perhaps a strongly worded letter to Chris Del Conte regarding your needs to have a game in Houston every year due to the onerous 2.5 hour drives up to Austin otherwise. That should do it. Get that big chief tablet out and get to it, good sir.

meh, no substance. 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Good thing its a home and home and we aren't playing these games at some fucking pro stadium that sucks any college atmosphere and pageantry out of the game. Looking forward to playing Florida.

Agree.  Could care less if Texas ever plays again at stadiums like NRG or JerryWorld unless it's for the Big12 Championship or College Football Playoffs.......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Agree.  Could care less if Texas ever plays again at stadiums like NRG or JerryWorld unless it's for the Big12 Championship or College Football Playoffs.......

Yep. Playing Rice at NRG is fucking weak. Play that on campus. I hate how college football has so many neutral site, off campus games these days. 

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Come on, use your imagination..... Knock yourself out cause there's plenty of other teams Texas could play.

Playing F'n UTSA 5 times and UTEP 5 times in the same 12yr period SUCKS.....

I love variety, and it'd be cool to randomly see teams like SJSU again, but honestly whoever we play, it really doesn't change much about the home cupcake game experience.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. Playing Rice at NRG is fucking weak. Play that on campus. I hate how college football has so many neutral site, off campus games these days.  

As much of a horror show as the whole Maryland experience was for UT fans, it'd have been MUCH better at College Park. They have a nice stadium and fun drunk Greek life and all that.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

As much of a horror show as the whole Maryland experience was for UT fans, it'd have been MUCH better at College Park. They have a nice stadium and fun drunk Greek life and all that.

Yep. College football is meant to play on campus. Once you take the game to these pro stadiums, all that pageantry goes away. But it's all about the dollar with those decisions. Hell even to the extent of them having a football game on a fucking Nascar raceway. Silliest shit I have ever seen.

I remember when Texas/OU and Florida/Georgia were about the only 2 neutral site games being played every season. And at least Texas/OU had the backdrop of the State Fair and the Cotton Bowl is a good college football atmosphere. Thank god we don't play OU there for the RRS. Night and day the atmosphere of the Cotton Bowl and Jerry World. It's not fun watching a game there and this is coming from  a Cowboys fan.

24 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

What would you do differently? 

Add a larger variety of opponents from areas we are recruiting.....

For example:

• Add a school from Louisiana in yr 6 or later
  • Bring in a Sunbelt team from Florida
  • Bring in an Academy School maybe Air Force
  • Play North Texas or SMU
  • Play a MAC school  from or close to Ohio
  • Go thru a list of Bama's patsies in the southeast area
Edited by LTtxfan
typo

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

For example:

• Play a MAC school close in or close to Ohio

How is a single home game against these teams going to help with recruiting?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

How is a single home game against these teams going to help with recruiting?

How is playing UTEP 5 times going to help recruiting???

Give them 2 games in a 3 or 4 yr period... Both in Austin.  Keep Texas brand in Florida, Ga, Az, Ca, Ohio, etc

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

How is playing UTEP 5 times going to help recruiting???

Give them 2 games in a 3 or 4 yr period... Both in Austin.

Keep Texas brand in Florida, Ga, Az, Ca, Ohio, etc

These games don't matter for recruiting either way. I'd rather help out the UT system than pay some random school in the Sunbelt.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

These games don't matter for recruiting either way. I'd rather help out the UT system than pay some random school in the Sunbelt.

That's fine for you.  Boring for me.  

I'm ok with playing both UTSA & UTEP a couple times  in next 12yrs.... Total of 4 games.

10 games in a 12yr period where the opponent is either UTSA or UTEP...... for me SUCKS!!!

54 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

That's fine for you.  Boring for me.  

I'm ok with playing both UTSA & UTEP a couple times  in next 12yrs.... Total of 4 games.

10 games in a 12yr period where the opponent is either UTSA or UTEP...... for me SUCKS!!!

It’s not a big deal to me, but I am with LTtxfan on his strategy vs the one they chose. It’s fine, but could have been more interesting. Overall, I am very pleased with their scheduling. The string of big time non-cons that Texas has scheduled is worthy of praise. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

For example:

• Play a MAC school  from or close to Ohio

point of trivia.....no Sunbelt teams in Florida they are in CUSA now

I agree with what you are saying though.....you don't recruit a kid from El Paso by telling him that you play UTEP....in Austin.....if he gave a shit about UTEP he would play there what he wants is a chance to play at home against UTEP

same with a kid from Ohio.....hey we have some MACtion going on....in Austin......that gives him no chance to play back at home

I saw nothing wrong with the USF 2-1 that is how it should be done to sell what you are saying for recruiting in Florida.....but I will trust in Del and what he thinks

it is still a bit boring to have the shit buy in home games against UTSA and UTEP every year though

and with those games as home games every year it does nothing for fans and alumni in San Antonio or El Paso either

Arkansas just went with a deal where they are playing their SEC SEC SEC mandated D1-AA game against UA System schools like UA-Pine Bluff and UA-Monticello with the express statement to help system schools and keep the money in state.....they will still not play Arkansas State though and I believe are mandated by university policy to not play them

it is odd that so many schools are going with similar schedule changes all the sudden

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If Texas is really feeling salty, Miami has an opening in both 2022 and 2023. Miami also plays ATM both seasons. I'd fucking laugh hard if we set that up.

The Cotton Bowl Revenge tour is taking a while to get going.

• Fuck You 1

Cougar High is a bit too consistently solid - very lose/lose to play them. SMU would be fun.

UH sucks because of their antics for our last game. Fuck them. Rice would good and it would be nice to see the Horns here in Houston.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

We'll probably see a Conference USA/Sub Belt/ Mountain West opponent or someone like that for those two slots.  Think UNT, one of the Louisiana's like Monroe or Lafayette.  Maybe New Mexico or Wyoming?

Hell, why not Cougar High or SMU for old times sake?  

7 hours ago, NowThis said:

missing is the obvious --- Houston Cougars.  I know everyone around here has an inexplicable hatred, but visiting Htown is cool for Horns, certainly @ Reliant.  

Fuck UH and fuck Tillman Ferttita. 

Never, never, never.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

OU-Tennessee, Nebraska, Michigan, LSU, Georgia, Alabama, Clemson

Ohio State- Oregon, Notre Dame, Washington, Texas

LSU-Texas, UCLA, Clemson, OU, Arizona State

Georgia- Notre Dame, Oregon, OU, Clemson, UCLA, Florida State, Texas. Georgia will play Texas and FSU one season and then Texas and Clemson in one season, along with their normal Georgia Tech rivalry. That's pretty damn great. 

I know they have it on the schedule, but I'll believe it when I see it. That schedule is ripe for some buyouts/backouts. 

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This took WAY to long.

I too will be a middle aged old man.

I will be perving the fuck out at that away game taking lots of pics for future use.

Say hello to every SoCal and outer Bay Area girl that couldn't get into a single UC school and thought Chico State sounded "like, hella brrr":

YP4_2412.jpg

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mdmost said:

When did Florida finally grow balls? This is great. Arizona State could be a conference game by then (this is bait for the realignment people)

Wait? No trip to Tampa now? Was kinda looking forward to that. 

Not a fan of rotating UTSA and UTEP every year but the LHN needs its cupcake game. 

Also, there are holes in our 2022 and 2023 schedules that still have to be filled. A little strange to not keep the away game in 2022 to Tampa. Maybe a quicky home and home is still in the works.

I know,  UF was like the Michigan of the South.  It's like they've ceded scheduling to the tv networks. 

Anyone want to guess what Cali will be boycotting you for by 2030?  I'd guess not extending personhood to tumbleweed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

March 1st, 2017:

The University of Texas System has killed its controversial proposal for development of a 300-acre campus in Houston, a project pushed by Chancellor Bill McRaven.

In a press release, McRaven suggests that debate about the merits of the project had become a distraction from the “extraordinary work underway on the 14 campuses of the UT System.”

“I accept full responsibility for the lack of progress on this initiative. I am grateful to the Regents, my system staff and the university presidents for their engagement over the last year,” McRaven said in a memo to Regents’ Chairman Paul Foster.

McRaven also recommended to the Board of Regents that the UT System real estate office develop a plan to divest the UT System of the land, which it bought for $215 million.

Critics, supporters and McRaven himself have agreed that his biggest mistake was his failure to consult lawmakers before acquiring the land in Houston.

McRaven has repeatedly said a full-fledged university in Houston was not in the cards. Rather, he saw it as a venue for the system’s other campuses to have a presence in the state’s largest city for educational opportunities as well as research partnerships with the energy, health care and finance sectors

But the University of Houston viewed the initiative as encroaching on its aspirations to become one of the nation’s leading research universities. Two newly appointed members of the nine-member Board of Regents testified at their confirmation hearing last month that they opposed a new campus in Houston.

Sen. John Whitmire, D-Houston, also criticized the proposal in a recent Senate hearing.

“I believe your style is it’s your way or the highway,” Whitmire said. “In all due respect, I don’t think you give a damn what the Legislature thinks.”

That marked the start of an unusually testy exchange:

McRaven: “As far as my respect and admiration for this body and elected officials around this country, that is absolutely wrong. I spent 37 years in the military, and I’m not going to tout the uniform, but I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. I raised my right hand to do that, and I think I did that pretty well for 37 years.”

Whitmire: “That’s not the issue this morning.”

McRaven: “Sir, you said I do not respect this body.”

Whitmire: “That’s my opinion.”

McRaven: “I recognize that’s your opinion, and I can tell you that’s not true.”

+++

Cougar High getting a game with us?  About the same likelihood as aggy.

And we should drive the point home.  Play a game in Houston every year.  Rice at Rice Stadium, then North Texas, SMU, Texas State, UTEP & UTSA all at Reliant.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, thepop said:

UTSA friend already talking shit about how good they're going to be by the time we play. When did their fanbase get so cocky?

14 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Their fan base got pretty cocky last time we played out there

14 hours ago, thepop said:

UTSA, not UTEP.

UTSA Fans Getting Cocky

tumblr_n4cvob60gX1sped3xo1_500.png

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Cougar High getting a game with us?  About the same likelihood as aggy.

And we should drive the point home.  Play a game in Houston every year.  Rice at Rice Stadium, then North Texas, SMU, Texas State, UTEP & UTSA all at Reliant.

Agreed, we do not need to align ourselves with Houston or Texas A&M.