e-bikes

I'm bikecurious about them....kinda want one for commuting to work without a sweat, but also one for road riding when I'm less in shape, and one for gravel riding, because, and one for mountain.  The performance ones are like 4-7k and I'm waiting for the 2nd and 3rd generation to mature

I have a diamond back that I really like because it's a mid-drive and can hit around 32MPH (unfortunately they don't make them anymore).  

diamondback-overdrive-exc-electric-bike-

When it dies I plan on replacing it with one of these because you can't beat 70 miles of range and ~35MPH for $2500.  

https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/crosscurrent-x 

CCX-Black-Side-Right-_2500px_1728x.jpg?v

They make a fat tire version as well.

HF1100-Black-Side-Right-_2500_1728x.jpg?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really digging this CrossCurrent X.  Never had an e-bike before, so I don't have a good baseline, but this thing kicks ass.

Two commutes into work (4 mi).  Was reluctant to ride often before since I have to either climb a pretty good hill or fight the onshore wind coming home.  Not anymore.

A little day-drink / burger yesterday at one of my favorites - Rockys in PB/Crown Point.  Rode my MTB there plenty of times, however, always disliked the ride home over a bridge and up a somewhat decent hill to get home after a couple of beers.  Saturday was much more enjoyable.

Decided to ride out to Cabrillo Monument today.  Not really a long ride, but I have to climb about 400 feet in the first half of the ride.  Completely smoked that portion and passed numerous dudes in spandex on their road bikes.  Wheeeee!

Timing was perfect as I got to see the USS Howard steaming in . . .

IMG_6352.thumb.JPG.49fbf567e17acfe076f83a1530e98bf7.JPG

Decided to ride down to the tide pools.  300 feet of elevation in about 0.8 miles.  Ate that shit up no problem.

IMG_6353.thumb.JPG.38c2549f7c34d1a38997b7b9654f8cbc.JPG

All downhill the rest of the way home.

48 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Really digging this CrossCurrent X.  Never had an e-bike before, so I don't have a good baseline, but this thing kicks ass.

Two commutes into work (4 mi).  Was reluctant to ride often before since I have to either climb a pretty good hill or fight the onshore wind coming home.  Not anymore.

A little day-drink / burger yesterday at one of my favorites - Rockys in PB/Crown Point.  Rode my MTB there plenty of times, however, always disliked the ride home over a bridge and up a somewhat decent hill to get home after a couple of beers.  Saturday was much more enjoyable.

Decided to ride out to Cabrillo Monument today.  Not really a long ride, but I have to climb about 400 feet in the first half of the ride.  Completely smoked that portion and passed numerous dudes in spandex on their road bikes.  Wheeeee!

Timing was perfect as I got to see the USS Howard steaming in . . .

IMG_6352.thumb.JPG.49fbf567e17acfe076f83a1530e98bf7.JPG

Decided to ride down to the tide pools.  300 feet of elevation in about 0.8 miles.  Ate that shit up no problem.

IMG_6353.thumb.JPG.38c2549f7c34d1a38997b7b9654f8cbc.JPG

All downhill the rest of the way home.

Oh and props to @SDG for the Crosscurrent X idea

On 5/11/2019 at 11:37 AM, 52-80 said:

I'm bikecurious about them....kinda want one for commuting to work without a sweat, but also one for road riding when I'm less in shape, and one for gravel riding, because, and one for mountain.  The performance ones are like 4-7k and I'm waiting for the 2nd and 3rd generation to mature

i waited, but didn't seem they matured since volumes not high enough to spurr further development.  so i bought a road bike based off the mahle/emotion x35 system.  still awaiting delivery.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:57 AM, XYZ said:

What’s the point of bikes with fat tires? Is it just esthetics? The drag must be considerably worse.

fad, imo.  came out a decade ago and were an object of curiosity and neato for riding on the sand and snow (mtb racing down a ski slope is hilarious).  now i think they just have the visual appeal...and yeah prob heavy and draggy as all hell

• 1 month later...