New Orleans Food and Drink Thread

ERhine

• 2 weeks later...

I had a late dinner at Justine last Tuesday.  Wait staff was freaking out a bit because Jennifer Lawrence was there eating dinner as well.  We were in the front half, she was in the back, so I only saw the back of her head on my way to/from the restroom.  Dinner and cocktails were pretty excellent.  Some of the best oysters I've ever had.  Steak tartare was excellent, so was the foie gras.  Wife and I split the moules frites, which were also tasty, though the fries could have been hotter when they arrived at the table.  The cabaret girl dancing around with her huge feather fan was a nice touch.  I think she had like 3 wardrobe changes in the 2ish hours we were there, and each was as sexy as the one before it.  Gotta love live entertainment that doesn't produce excessive noise.

Edited by hopkinsnhorns

3 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Had the gin fizz at Roosevelt Hotel. Meh.

lolwut. If that isn't your type of drink, fine...but it doesn't get much better than that as far as that specific drink goes.

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Went to jacques-imo's last night. Had the deep fried roast beef poboy. I've had better. Hot Tin was a shit show, so passed on that. Drank WAY too much wine and feel like death today. Successful trip so far. 

New Orleans in a nutshell there.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Headed there at the end of September for a couple nights. Any highly recommended location I need reservations for? 

I still have a long way to go in sampling all the great places NOLA has to offer, but the last time we were there we went to Restaurant R'evolution and it was spectacular.  Food, service, atmosphere; all were great.

36 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

I still have a long way to go in sampling all the great places NOLA has to offer, but the last time we were there we went to Restaurant R'evolution and it was spectacular.  Food, service, atmosphere; all were great.

To give credit where due, this was an ERhine recommendation.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I'm questioning whether I should pour in cash to that shit state after post-game LSU shenanigans from their fans, I'm not going to let those morons ruin New Orleans.  Likely going with Mrs for a 2 day trip early November.  Have Atchafalaya Saturday brunch booked as that was our fav last trip and I assume still a tough reservation.    Open to suggestions on other lunch/dinners.  Here are dinners I've done before.  I've typically done the popular Oyster spots for lunch before.

1. Irene's (old location)
  2. Peche 
  3. Revolution
  4. Shaya
  5. Luke
  6. Mr. B's (skipping this after last time)

I've done Peche and Shaya twice so probably skipping those and definitely skippin Mr. B's.  Have never done GW Fins so thinking about that.   Other recs?

Also, we won't be in Friday early enough to get in line for Galaitore's lunch, but has anyone done the 2nd sitting there?  Still a fun vibe (paired with decent food) or should we do something else?

If you haven’t done GW Finns, I would put that near the top of the list.

We were there this weekend. Did late dinner at K-Paul’s. I had never been. Was pretty good. Nothing earth shattering but everything had good flavor.

We did Le Petite Grocery for lunch and it was delicious. Blue Crab Beignets were tasty AF. I got the braised pork cheek sandwich special. She got shrimp and grits. Both delivered.

Sat night watch the game at my buddy’s house and he had Impastatos cater dinner. I have been there many times and if you can find a better meatball, Jesus. By far the best I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Skipper said:

Although I'm questioning whether I should pour in cash to that shit state after post-game LSU shenanigans from their fans, I'm not going to let those morons ruin New Orleans.  Likely going with Mrs for a 2 day trip early November.  Have Atchafalaya Saturday brunch booked as that was our fav last trip and I assume still a tough reservation.    Open to suggestions on other lunch/dinners.  Here are dinners I've done before.  I've typically done the popular Oyster spots for lunch before.

1. Irene's (old location)
  2. Peche 
  3. Revolution
  4. Shaya
  5. Luke
  6. Mr. B's (skipping this after last time)

I've done Peche and Shaya twice so probably skipping those and definitely skippin Mr. B's.  Have never done GW Fins so thinking about that.   Other recs?

Also, we won't be in Friday early enough to get in line for Galaitore's lunch, but has anyone done the 2nd sitting there?  Still a fun vibe (paired with decent food) or should we do something else?

GW Fins

Doris Metropolitan

Restaurant R’evolution

Upperline if you want to get out of the quarter 

Headed there in a month for a weekend with my kid and my dad. My kid and I will hit some stuff but when my dad goes to a restaurant he wants the following:

Wedge salad

Shrimp cocktail

Filet

That's it. Every time. If the restaurant doesn't have that he may be willing to sub a garden salad for the wedge, otherwise he has no interest. 

I know that's plain and could probably find it everywhere, but anywhere that's better than most?  Staying in the business district so close enough to everything. 

First time headed there. 

2 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

I know this isn't the specific theme of the thread but any tips on 3 day parking lots/garages? Driving in Sunday and our AirBnB did not come with free parking, which I forgot to factor in when picking one.

Staying in the business district near Lafayette Square. Probably gonna get screwed on an extra $120

We usually stay in the Garden District when we AirBnB, so never had to look for a non-hotel lot/garage.  The one time we thought we might need to reserve a spot, I looked at this site:

https://www.parkingpanda.com/

Looks like it gives a lot of options and you can reserve ahead of time?   Good luck and report back with what you end up doing.