9-1-1: Lone Star

TrashMaster G

While you're probably right about the accents, this show might not totally suck. I like 9-1-1. It got a lot better in S2 when they replaced Connie Britton with Jennifer Love Hewitt. If the Austin spinoff is written as well as the original, it could be worth checking out.

• 5 months later...

Holy shit lol I just heard them talking about this on the World Series Game 2 intro. I was hoping for a spinoff of Reno 911.

Oh well, yeah, hope they don't butcher the accents too badly, & hopefully there are some good local shots. Anyone know if it's actually gonna be shot here?

Welp, me & my ff buddies just got a good laugh outta this shit. LMAO at an FDNY ff bringing his 'progressive' ff views to Austin to give us a hand. FDNY's firefighting is anything but progressive, and AFD is considered one of the most progressive FDs in the country, along with Phoenix and others.

Lowe stars as Owen Strand, the lone survivor of his Manhattan firehouse on 9/11, who had the unenviable task of rebuilding his station after the horrific attack. After a similar tragedy happens to a firehouse in Austin, TX, Owen, along with his troubled firefighter son, T.K. (Ronen Rubinstein), takes his progressive philosophies of life and firefighting down to Texas, where he helps them start anew.

https://deadline.com/video/9-1-1-lone-star-trailer-first-look-at-rob-lowe-liv-tyler-in-fox-spinoff-series/

Re: the location ... Idk. Those aren't AFD fire trucks.

Edited by wood

Live Tyler huh? Ok.

And you're absolutely right about the accents...just listen at the very end to the "911, What your emergency" and the tangiest of tangy accents. Ugh.  But my wife and I do like the original show...so probably.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

What are the odds their hang out is a country bar where they line dance to Kenny Chesney to releive stress?

Did you not see the preview? That's exactly what they do. It may not have been Kenny Chesney, but they probably didn't want to offend Renee Zellweger. 

9 second mark.

Edited by Deej

47 minutes ago, Deej said:

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?"

"I can't find parking on South Congress, and I may have seen a black man walking down the sidewalk."

We laugh, but we do get some calls every bit as ridiculous as those, even worse at times.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email today inviting me & my family to the pre-screening of the 1st two episodes (because FD). Here's a bit of it. Y'all are gonna love this shit...and by that, I mean it's gonna be a complete abortion.

Here's a write-up of the show if it's helpful:

9-1-1: LONE STAR

FOX's #1 drama, "9-1-1," expands its reach to the city of Austin, TX, with its first-ever new installment. 

Nearly 20 years ago, OWEN STRAND (Rob Lowe) was the lone survivor of his Manhattan firehouse on 9/11. In the wake of the attack, Owen had the unenviable task of rebuilding his station. After a similar tragedy happens to a firehouse in Austin, Owen, along with his troubled firefighter son, T.K. (Ronen Rubenstein), takes his progressive philosophies of life and firefighting down to Texas, where he helps them start anew. On the surface, Owen is all about big-city style and swagger, but underneath he struggles with a secret he hides from the world - one that could very well end his life. 

Once in Austin, Owen meets the brilliant and wry chief paramedic MICHELLE BLAKE (Liv Tyler), as well as police officer CARLOS REYES (Rafael Silva). He then begins to assemble his new team of diverse and qualified candidates for Firehouse 126, including MARJAN MARWANI (Natacha Karam), an adrenalin junkie and badass firefighter who also is a devout Muslim; PAUL STRICKLAND (Brian Michael Smith), a transgender male firefighter, who bravely decided to transition on the job in Chicago and has a gift for observation worthy of Sherlock Holmes; and rookie firefighter MATEO CHAVEZ (Julian Works).

Owen's toughest challenge may be JUDD RYDER (Jim Parrack), who, like Owen, was the sole survivor of the original 126 house after a rescue call ended in tragedy. A gruff cowboy to his core, Judd is married to GRACE (Sierra McClain), a 9-1-1 call center operator, and struggles with PTSD, unsure if he ever can be the firefighter he once was.

"9-1-1: LONE STAR" is produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Ryan Murphy Television and Brad Falchuk Teley-Vision.

Airs Mondays, 9-10pm ET/PT

Two-night series premiere Sunday, January 19, 8-9pm ET, LIVE to all time zones following the NFC Championship, and Monday, January 20, 9-10pm ET/PT